Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    And Job wasnt a cypher either I guess.
    This discussion began with you saying "Would you sacrifize your child for that? If you have no evidence whatsoever or know the oppinion of god?" and me replying that the film isn't about me. Noah is not a stand-in for me in the film, nor is the film proposing that Noah's fevered, cruel morality is what everyone ought to follow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Noah is not a stand-in for me in the film, nor is the film proposing that Noah's fevered, cruel morality is what everyone ought to follow.
    Noah is a stand in for all of mankind including you. Problem is that he is a standin for god too in the stupid movie which makes him look shizophrenic and mad.
    Worst thing is the Movie actually said that Noah had valid reasons for his behaviour.

We got out on a technically rather than a acquittal.

Noah is a stand in for all of mankind including you. Problem is that he is a standin for god too in the stupid movie which makes him look shizophrenic and mad.
    Worst thing is the Movie actually said that Noah had valid reasons for his behaviour.

We got out on a technically rather than a acquittal.
    You're just saying things. You have complained that the movie is both too preachy and that it presents too morally ambiguous a Noah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    all true, but isn't jango fett a black man canonically too? sure less black, but its not like its a "change".
    It just dawned on me that the troopers were never white in the first place, wtf are people complaining about?

10+ Year Old Account
    ive gotten used to casting choices differing from the story after watching game of thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    ive gotten used to casting choices differing from the story after watching game of thrones
    Most of the cast of GoT looks very similar to their book counterparts, at least in cases where looks actually mean something to the character.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Compare fictional comic book characters to whitewashing actual history. Yep nothing wrong with that argument
    The bible isn't history, your Christianity has no power here.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Noah is a stand in for all of mankind including you.
    Noah is not meant to be a template for Jewish/Christian behavior in the Bible and therefore should not be one in a movie if the gents who made the movie want to be accurate. It's a common problem that, when it comes to the Bible, people confuse description with prescription.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I think this film shut out its built-in audience by not representing the story accurately. Scott didn't have empathy for the source material.
    It's mythology. An accurate telling of the story would be equally fantastical. Bible stories are quite uninteresting as is anyway, it's best to spruce them up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Hey this is America. The only Jesus we recognize is a buff white guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    It just dawned on me that the troopers were never white in the first place, wtf are people complaining about?
    Why people even try to bother with star wars lore arguing they clearly never took the time to learn nothing about is the better question lol. Clones are almost all dead in the original series. The stormtroppers in that era are recruits from all the empire planets, hell even non empire planets. Do people just skip over Luke talking about going to the academy in the first film to be a pilot? THE IMPERIAL ACADEMY.