Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Someone, help before I break my brain.

Honestly, what is there to do in 2's against melee as casters? Why are DK's allowed to be in blood presence as a damage spec? Why do Ret paladins have ranged attacks that hit like a truck? Why do Druids have Cyclones with no CD? Why do Rogues have a 7 second Kidney shot? Why do Feral druids have stupid healing? Why are DPS classes ALLOWED to have over the top heals like this? Will someone please explain to me how these classes/specs are balanced? Why do Warriors have 9999999999 interrupts?

because they sacrifise damage to have more survivabillity, because they got no reliable gap closers like charge or death grip, because reasons, because only combat rogues got this, because they don't, because they aren't, and because they clearly don't.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    PvP has never been balanced around 2v2.
    and also this
    Last edited by Garkanh; 2014-12-20 at 08:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

You have different possibilities...

- Roll FotM
    - Dont take it to serious
    - Pick the class you like and if you are unlucky work 10 times as hard as others to achieve your goals

More then once i went through all my cds in 1v1 against a feral just to get killed when he sits on 80% hp in the end. I've seen enough of this anyway over the season. I just cba to care about pvp anymore. I just do my few games to get the epic pvp gear for raids at a rating so low as possible so i cap quick

What basicly also is a fail...that PVP are gear is sometimes equal as good as heroic HM. Who cpmes up with ideas like that .....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    You have different possibilities...

- Roll FotM
    - Dont take it to serious
    - Pick the class you like and if you are unlucky work 10 times as hard as others to achieve your goals

More then once i went through all my cds in 1v1 against a feral just to get killed when he sits on 80% hp in the end. I've seen enough of this anyway over the season. I just cba to care about pvp anymore. I just do my few games to get the epic pvp gear for raids at a rating so low as possible so i cap quick

What basicly also is a fail...that PVP are gear is sometimes equal as good as heroic HM. Who cpmes up with ideas like that .....
    The game isn't balanced around 1v1, or 2v2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soloable View Post
    Doesn't seem to be balanced around 3v3 anymore either

Quote Originally Posted by Soloable View Post
    A game with millions of people, tons of PvP content and more maps available to larger groups (BGs) than smaller ones (Arena)... and we accept the premise that the #1 MMO development team can't balance a matchup of more or less than 6 players...

I love this game and enjoy a lot of aspects of it, but this acceptance people have on PvP balance is hilarious.

Deleted
    I've heard this so many times.
    I'm sorry but that doesn't mean that when not in 3v3 scenario the balance should be completely broken. Batllegrounds/2s/even 3s feel absolutely broken atm its just NOT FUN to play as a caster , getting swarmed by rets/dk/rog/feral 24/7 . I'm completely disappointed by the way Blizz devs handled PvP balance in wod.It's just a joke... Much worse than Pandaria's CC clusterf**k. Casters (with some exceptions) feel slow and weak, the lack of dmg on the move just adds for a boring gameplay.. it just feels terrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    A game with millions of people, tons of PvP content and more maps available to larger groups (BGs) than smaller ones (Arena)... and we accept the premise that the #1 MMO development team can't balance a matchup of more or less than 6 players...

I love this game and enjoy a lot of aspects of it, but this acceptance people have on PvP balance is hilarious.
    Realistically, the only way to actually balance PvP at all sizes of competition is through a near complete homogenization.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    Realistically, the only way to actually balance PvP at all sizes of competition is through a near complete homogenization.
    I don't think the answer is just making everyone have the same abilities that do the same damage, but I find it extremely hard to believe that they don't see the imbalance in things like Disarms being removed but Interrupts still being present (and being on a separate DR from Silence...)

It doesn't help that Holinka is a troll either. If they just couldn't balance the game but had someone other than a complete asshole on Twitter, maybe it wouldn't be so frustrating.

Deleted
    Please leave warriors out of this. Most the time I spend trying to catch up to ranged because my charge is a root and everyone can break roots/slows and move faster than me.

As for interupt vs disarm. Not exactly the same thing. I'd compare disarm to silence. You can blanket silence and stop all damage and healing, same as disarm. On the other hand roots feel more akin to interupt on melee. Especially as a warrior where I can do dick shit to break it myself. For some classes slows may even fall into the same category. Every time you distance yourself from a melee you are basically interupting their damage.

I'll gladly have disarms back in the game if they removed the ridic amount of roots I can't break so I can atleast run to safety or spend the time closing the gap between me and the other dude.

Wrong.............

Ret's do shitty damage on ranged. Not saying they are weak, but without melee attacks rets hit like noodle (with no wings)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Ret's do shitty damage on ranged. Not saying they are weak, but without melee attacks rets hit like noodle (with no wings)
    What? Do you even play Ret? The only abilities you can't use at range are CS and HotR. Templar/Final Verdict, Judgement and Exo all have range and do considerable damage... You know, for the 10 seconds per minute you don't have HoFreedom available.

Your entire post is hyperbole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiszh View Post
    Every time you distance yourself from a melee you are basically interupting their damage.
    .... did you really just say this? On the off chance that the caster ISN'T hamstrung, stunned, or snared, we will probably only be a couple of yards away from you considering most of us don't have blinks or extreme disengages. Even for the ones who do aside from mages, they're on considerably longer cooldowns than say a warrior's charges, DK's death grips etc.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahandii View Post
    Doesn't seem to be balanced around 3v3 anymore either
    Best comment, so true.

Playing a caster/healer atm just feels clunky and uncomfortable in pvp. Casters are viable for sure in a lot of comps, but hardly fun (imo). Fake cast, fake cast, cast interrupted, stunned, los repeat.

"We want to make casting spells rewarding"

K, frostbolt does next to nothing..
    Last edited by ongal; 2014-12-21 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Spelling

PVP is balanced around RBGs and Random Battlegrounds to some degree. Every class can fair well in random battlegrounds. Most classes fit at least a limited role in RBG teams.

They also claim to strive for 3v3 balance but I dont see it. 3v3 seems to be almost as broken as 2s lately. No im not a high rated player but I do a lot of arena and I have played for more than 5 years.

Usually by the end of an expansion 3v3 is somewhat balanced but it takes until that point. Every season has a few classes, comps that are overtuned so they are OP or Fotm and a few classes that are mid tier and a few classes that are so bad they see little representation.

Always been like this.

Right now start of this xpac is looking awful for casters, there are still plenty of frost mages and UA locks at high ratings but it wont be easy to reach a high rating for a first time caster player vs first time melee.

Rets, Dks, ferals are just way too strong right now. They have good damage, uptime, CC, survivability so that makes them pretty much flawless.

Rogues are strong too but rogues can still be easily CC'd or killed in a stun, Warriors are strong but without wall and second wind in its old form they are also easy to train.
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2014-12-21 at 08:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Your entire post is hyperbole.
    Agree. Most of the time when i play 3v3s it actually feels that we are getting outplayed than just spammed with CC or burst damage. But sometimes shit goes out of hand, like being interrupted 3 times in a row completely locking you out of casting for about 12 seconds. And then again, i can say that i suck at fake casting to bait interrupts, and i was stupid enough to cast FFB in front of a melee
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shraug View Post
    .... did you really just say this? On the off chance that the caster ISN'T hamstrung, stunned, or snared, we will probably only be a couple of yards away from you considering most of us don't have blinks or extreme disengages. Even for the ones who do aside from mages, they're on considerably longer cooldowns than say a warrior's charges, DK's death grips etc.
    Moonkins can shift, mages can blink, hunters disengage, shaman wolf form (not sure if it actually removes slows, but it feels like it), Warlock portal/gateway, shadowpriests can disperse and fade (if talented). Not sure if I forgot any.

I, however, did not think about the cost that a lot of these casters take when doing this in terms of interupting their own damage aswell. That being said warlock feels like the only class that can't reliably gtfo of the way from melee constantly.

This however doesn't void the argument that silence = disarm and root being more akin to interupt. I honestly don't find it unfair that melee has interupts as long as ranged has roots.