So real talk: everyone is distracted by Behemoth but have you noticed the fish scale scuba outfits in the summer fest screenshots?

Well Piscene Wyvernns are already in game. Are you ready for the hipcheck nightmare to begin again?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So real talk: everyone is distracted by Behemoth but have you noticed the fish scale scuba outfits in the summer fest screenshots?

Well Piscene Wyvernns are already in game. Are you ready for the hipcheck nightmare to begin again?
    Do you just mean the layered armor or something else?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seeing that they are adding RPG type element to the behemoth fight is gonna make it fun to watch, triple carts from his meteor are gonna be priceless.
    Last edited by Gutler; 2018-07-16 at 03:46 PM.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/881935...e-au-japon.htm

Famitsu (translated by Juex Video): Monster Hunter World is the best selling game in Japan at retail for the first half of 2018, selling just under 2 million copies.

- - - Updated - - -

Breath of the Wild X Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

2 weeks to go. Lucky i dont play wow anymore or I would have been unable to try ir out

10+ Year Old Account
    I, my sister, and a friend of mine just pre-ordered the PC version. Can't wait, have a full party!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    I previously brought up the 8 months between Console release and PC release being unjustified and peopled flocked to defend Capcom despite that criticism being fair.

The issue now though is that apparently they can’t even get the game to run in a stable manner even after that 8 months. This justifies my criticism even more. You get 8 months to port a game, which other devs have accomplished in significantly less and you still can’t make a properly working product? Whoever defended them by saying I’m a backseat dev, well clearly so is Capcom, because this is absurd levels of incompetence. I said before they should have hired a third party to help with the port if they themselves were unable to do it.

Here’s the article. Only hope that the legit release version is more stable and we can chalk this up to them playing a pre-released copy of the game, but I’m not optimistic at this point.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvidi...c-screenshots/

Also, yes it’s at max settings and I understand that’s taxing for any game, but come on this is a GTX1080. The hardware should be more than adequate.

Capcom stock dipped recently because of MH World, and this certainly isn’t going to help.

Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    Also, yes it’s at max settings and I understand that’s taxing for any game, but come on this is a GTX1080. The hardware should be more than adequate.

Capcom stock dipped recently because of MH World, and this certainly isn’t going to help.
    And?

This is IGN running at 1080p on a GTX 980 and they are getting 60FPS+

The most common resolution for PC gaming is still 1080p and everything is showing that it is a 100% solid port. Its very likely that the game is just demanding above 1080p, So yes it wouldn't be surprising for 1440p or higher to not hold 60FPS.

There is MANY games that on a 1080 don't hold 60FPS at higher resolution.

It not getting 60FPS+ on 1440p+ doesn't mean its a lazy port, It means its a demanding game.

Edit: Also ya know people could just lower a couple settings if they want higher frame rate and not max everything out.

- - - Updated - - -

Also for anyone interested here is them running it at 4K on high settings.
    GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
    CPU - Intel Core i7-6850k CPU @ 3.60GHZ
    Memory - 32GB

As for this.
    You get 8 months to port a game, which other devs have accomplished in significantly less and you still can’t make a properly working product?
    News Flash there is a lot of modern games that a 1080 can't do 60FPS+ at 1440P when its maxed out. A lot of those bitching about it are even maxing out AA even tho you don't need to at 1440P+.

Your just looking to bitch and moan at the most little thing to try to say it isn't a solid port when in fact it is.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-07-26 at 12:43 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Might dip for MHW on PC Looks interesting

Man thank god for online save back ups. Got my PS4 repaired including a new HDD and lost my saves for everything. Thankfully my hundreds of hours deep MHW save was stored online. God did i not want to start that all over in time for Behemoth!

https://www.pcgamer.com/capcom-expla...ffer-pcgamertw

We've been testing out the PC version of Monster Hunter: World on a variety of systems to see how it handles and the overall impression has been that it's a demanding port, but one that's loaded with graphics options.

Over on the Resetera forums, in a thread rounding up previews and impressions of the port, Capcom USA's vice president of digital platforms and marketing William Yagi-Bacon weighed in to explain why it's so demanding on the CPU in particular.

"To eliminate interstitial loading during active gameplay, MHW loads the entire level into memory. In addition to managing assets loaded into memory, it keeps track of monster interactions, health status, environment/object changes, manages LOD & object culling, calculates collision detection and physics simulation, and tons of other background telemetry stuff that you don't see yet requires CPU cycle. This is in addition to supporting any GPU rendering tasks.

"While the MT Framework engine has been around for ages, it does a good job in distributing CPU cycles and load-balancing tasks across all available cores and threads. The engine itself is optimized for x86 CPU instruction set, is highly scalable, and loosely speaking, is platform agnostic regardless of PC or console platform so as long as it conforms to the x86 instruction set."
    - - - Updated - - -

Man thank god for online save back ups. Got my PS4 repaired including a new HDD and lost my saves for everything. Thankfully my hundreds of hours deep MHW save was stored online. God did i not want to start that all over in time for Behemoth!
    I need to play a lot more and get ready for Behmonth, But the gear grind just bores the shit out of me at the moment.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    https://www.pcgamer.com/capcom-expla...ffer-pcgamertw

- - - Updated - - -

I need to play a lot more and get ready for Behmonth, But the gear grind just bores the shit out of me at the moment.
    Did you ever get the Wyvernn Ignition? its a pretty damn solid greatsword and i think they brought the event back or are going to recently.

Deleted
    The PC release date... Why, oh why? Not sure if spending 60€ to blast it for 4 days is worth it

Probably just wait for holiday sales or something.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2018-07-29 at 08:48 AM.

Did you ever get the Wyvernn Ignition? its a pretty damn solid greatsword and i think they brought the event back or are going to recently.
    Naw I only got to HR13 before getting burnt out. I am going back to it sometime soon because fighting the Behemoth looks fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you think gear is a grind then I'd probably drop the game entirely cause you barely have to do anything to get the gear. Its the decorations and relics that are actually a grind.

Though the grind in and of itself isn't what's supposed to keep you playing, its that the combat is as well done as it is. If you don't find it enjoyable enough that you're bored farming gear... may not be the game for you.

Have you tried all the weapons? Maybe you just haven't found the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    The PC release date... Why, oh why? Not sure if spending 60€ to blast it for 4 days is worth it

Probably just wait for holiday sales or something.
    I'm waiting for a sale or something cause yeah... not gonna have time.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    If you think gear is a grind then I'd probably drop the game entirely cause you barely have to do anything to get the gear. Its the decorations and relics that are actually a grind.

Though the grind in and of itself isn't what's supposed to keep you playing, its that the combat is as well done as it is. If you don't find it enjoyable enough that you're bored farming gear... may not be the game for you.

I'm waiting for a sale or something cause yeah... not gonna have time.
    Man i've STILL -and by now people should know i play a goddamn lot of monster hunter- yet to find a SINGLE decoration that wasn't a status one. No attack, no crit. Nothing. It basically made my more casual friends drop the game not long after getting the at the time best pieces for their weapon e.g the crit eyepatch and were told "now fight these 4 or 5 tempered monsters forever to have a chance of a chance at a decoration you want. Honestly i can't say i blame them too much. I imagine the monhun diehards who didn't import XX due to the language barrier will probably make the jump to GU if only for the way larger roster.

I figure you can tell someone to grind a variety of things and they are fine, but give them a handful of things to grind and it becomes tedious. Kind of like how FFXIV broke its relic weapon upgrade into smaller chains of objectives but WoW's artefact was largely boosting one number forever. the elder tempered pool is so small i really think its the biggest detriment to world.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

I have tried most of the weapons and Bow/Longsword seems to be my Jam. I'm only HR12 and getting 1 shot by Pink (whatever one it is I mix the names up) has annoyed me.

Figured its likely due to my gear being shit so I was grinding for better gear. But farming over and over for mats gets old.

Enjoyed 1-12HR its just has hit that point for me where its getting repetitive on what you do. MH(w) to me also isn't a game you can pick up do a few things then put down. It requires a decent amount of time otherwise you won't get anything done.

To be clear not saying its a bad game, Its just that its grind isn't really all that fun for me and honestly I want it to be.

I also could just be getting bored of gaming atm so that doesn't help. I will pick MHW back up at a later date.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-07-30 at 10:00 AM.

10 days left. Cant wait. Time cant pass fast enough.

Monster Hunter World has Sold 8.3 Million Copies Worldwide
    https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...Worldwide.html
    Capcom has revealed that Monster Hunter World has now sold 8.3 million copies worldwide on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

These worldwide sales include both the digital and physical copies of the game which was released earlier this year on consoles. Shortly after the game's release it also broke Capcoms record of being one of the fastest titles ever beating both Street Fighter II and Resident Evil 5.

Capcom President and COO, Haruhiro Tsujimoto, has said, "This quarter, Monster Hunter: World (released in the previous fiscal year) maintained its popularity, backed by an expanding base of fans, and achieved cumulative sales of 8.3 million units total; also in the Digital Contents business, which has continued to growth steadily in recent years, the new Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection gave a solid performance, outperforming expectations."

So it seems like that big ol' monster slashing title was a big ol' success for Capcom so props to them. Monster Hunter World is currently available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.