Page 1 of 205
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[MegaThread] Monster Hunter

GET READY FOR THE NEXT HUNT! COMING SUMMER 2018

For those who want to learn of Monster Hunter and are curious here is a video about it to explain a few things

Beginners Section

Last edited by GennGreymane; 2018-06-12 at 06:48 PM.

Always good to see new people get into this series!

I was hooked when Tri came out for the original Wii. I'd never played before and got my butt handed to me a dozen different ways at first, but I loved it. Played all the way up to Jhen Moran online with two friends before our combined newbishness made it too difficult to go further (we never did enough damage to bring Jhen down). My favorite monster so far probably has to be Barioth, if only for the impact he had on us when we first fought him.

I'm very much looking forward to MH4U, probably moreso than any other game announced for next year. Unfortunately, I don't think a Wii U port is in the cards anytime soon, but it would be nice to be wrong.

As far as things go currently, I haven't played in a few months since my buddies lost interest when we couldn't bring down Alatreon, but I'm in one of the early levels of the G ranks (8, I think? I'm not really sure) and absolutely willing come in and help lower ranks with rough spots they might be stuck on, or whatever else, really. I just like stabbin' stuff (and then blowing it up). I can use several weapons proficiently, but my best has to be the gunlance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Schweet. Imma work on my Ingot armor since that feels like a legit upgrade from Barroth and I want to be as tough as possible to capture some of the monsters that were so hard for me to kill. After Ingot I plan to wear lagiacrus... MUWHAHAH

Oh Monster Hunter, you never get the appreciation you deserve.

I remember first starting with Freedom Unite on the PSP, that feeling after killing two Golden Rajang alone to get the Rainbow armor color option.

I haven't played 3 on the 3DS in a while though, my friends and I killed the Dire Miralis and kinda just stopped. Even though it was easier than the Savage Devil'jo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard the 3ds and Wii U versions can hunt together, any truth to this?

i'm a big fanboy since mh2, can't wait for mh4u and experience online for the first time :')

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Only if they are in the same room i believe, BUT the new monster hunter has online for 3ds

Only if they are in the same room.

U can upload ur 3ds hunter to ur wii-u hunter I do believe. I had MH3 for my Wii-U but the input delay was a turnoff. May reget it and give it another go in the future.

It has kinda gotten me wanting to play games like it like Freedom Wars on Vita. I love the whole group go slay stuff together concept.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-12-21 at 07:30 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

They can in the same room. You can also buy an adapter that allows your 3DS to connect to the multiplayer servers through the Wii U, but honestly if you want to play online I'd say you're better off owning both versions and migrating your hunter over to the Wii U every time you wanna do multiplayer. That's what I went with, totally worth it.

I had MH3 for my Wii-U but the input delay was a turnoff.
    Are you sure that was a problem with MH? I never noticed any sort of delay...are you playing on a really large (50" plus) TV? That can cause noticeable input lag if the settings for the TV input aren't just right sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    just finished my last 4 rank quest (moga story quests) and gettin

ready for rank 5 stuff to continue the story...... CHA CHA WHY U LEAVE BRO!

Ingot armor also looks pretty good, def a real upgrade from Barroth and pretty easy to make it seems.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2014-12-21 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardeki View Post
    Are you sure that was a problem with MH? I never noticed any sort of delay...are you playing on a really large (50" plus) TV? That can cause noticeable input lag if the settings for the TV input aren't just right sometimes.
    Naw its a small input lag that was only slightly annoying. Its there but some many not notice it.

It wasn't what made me stop playing didn't mean to make my last post imply it did.

Its a good game and I should give it another shot sometime. Its the series that has gotten me into the group hunter monster style games like it. Not really sure why I didn't play it much mite have been because I was mostly playing my ps4 at the time.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-12-21 at 11:28 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    (not me in the picture)

This guy is an asshole, his fight is simple and easy, BUT HAS A HUGE HEALTH POOL also even when hes limping, it may not be enough to trap and tranq him......

(not me in the picture)

This guy is an asshole, his fight is simple and easy, BUT HAS A HUGE HEALTH POOL also even when hes limping, it may not be enough to trap and tranq him......
    I'll take a Duramboros any day over over the wandering Savage Deviljo.

Have you seen that thing before?

Although the Rust Duramboros is a pain too.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2014-12-22 at 08:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not, I just unlocked my second master (I accept that I am there minion)

but for that big guy I hate..... I just finished trapping Lagiacris (SP) was feelin good in my new ingot armor which is legit just better Barroth armor, I fully upgraded it, I fully upgraded my Barroth mace (shield and sword type) and this guy took 45 minutes.... AND DID NOT ACCEPT BEING CAPTURED WHILE LIMPING AND TRAPPED!
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2014-12-22 at 09:18 PM.

Oh yeah, the Savage Deviljo only shows up at like G rank missions, the Crimson Queropeco or whatever likes to call him in.

Even the regular Deviljo I'm guessing you might of seen by now, he's the reason you should start carrying around dung with you all times. They will wreck your face and not give a damn about your mission. Throw some poop at them though and they leave the zone for a bit.

Now I kinda want to play MH3U again....to go kill the Brachydios a few more times. I had to farm him nonstop for his stupid gem to upgrade my switch axe to the G rank one.

Although as far as favorite monsters go, I'm not sure if I could pick the Brachydios or the Zinogre....although the tiny Uragaan DLC mission was amazing.

I've read a lot about this game - anime and mangas including,. but the game itself usually gets fairly mixed reviews.
    Is it for PC yet?

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    I've read a lot about this game - anime and mangas including,. but the game itself usually gets fairly mixed reviews.
    Is it for PC yet?
    The only PC version is Frontier, which is either a Korean or Chinese game only. I forget which.

EDIT- It's Asian in general apparently.
    http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/...unter_Frontier

Literally playing monster hunter right now. Took a break to wait for the GF to farm, and noticed this thread xD

Can't wait for MH4U to come out in the west. Waiting for the new 3ds to go with it though (don't have a 3ds yet).
    Only disappointment is that it's not for a non-handheld platform. The game can look amazing, such a shame to cram it onto those tiny things.

10+ Year Old Account
    NEW FAV MONSTER.... BECAUSE THAT NAME!

My friend cried when he heard its name because he played the PSP Japanese one which it was translated to something completely different.