Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I just had 60 savage blood myself that I sold after running out of War Paints to craft trinket upgrades with.
    They were all farmed legit using several level 3 barns.. actually I'm almost up to 20 blood again.

edit: You get like tons of blood since blizzard adjusted the drop chance of the level 3 barn. I was actually surprised people still bought those things for 1.5k a piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether or not duping is possible or happening, the price drop is due to:
    - Increase to drop rate for Savage Blood from Barn Work Orders
    - Increase to drop rate for Primal Spirit from everything
    - More players catching up on their Work Orders and Garrison builds as well as farming (elite beasts in Nagrand are being trapped to death now, first few weeks it was very quiet)

TL;DR the market is being flooded with LEGIT Savage Blood no matter if there actually is duping or not, price was at around 2k before on my realm, has dwindled down to 1.2-1.4 atm, as to be expected with higher supply.

You're a bit blue-eyed if you think someone suddenly moving xxx quantities of a rare commodity wouldn't raise red flags all over the place with GMs.

edit: I run 3 barns myself and get around 10-15 Savage Blood a day if I'm lucky (with Primal Spirits as well).

Deleted
    I have been running 2x level 3 barn since quite a lot, had access to it very early due to 4 alts running low lvl barn farming work orders. I'm pretty casual player don't really arsing about all this, yet i still made about 220k gold on selling savage blood alone. If one is really into this, he propably has 11 barns and at least 5-6 characters capable of trapping elites.

Honestly this is all but expected. One would be fool to expect these to hold 2,4k price forever. Heck current 1300-1400 price is going downward as well and with a good reason. With raids being released quite a while ago, do you really expect people to pay 150-200k gold for one ilvl 670 item? Drop rate buff is noticeable, before it the yield was lingering in 15-20% range, now it's about 30%. Add to this primal spirit trading from garrison mines and we have price drop & supply increase, as players just don't need this gear. Good guilds already run mythic and have 670-676 gear on farm from heroic mode. Slower, casual guilds don't fuss about one item costing 150k gold.

So no it's not dupes. Gibberish names, yeh sometimes people name their bank alts that way because Bankof<xxx> might be taken. Just punch in quick fdjksfnsjk and there you go, instant bank alt with no thinking about char name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    So no it's not dupes. Gibberish names, yeh sometimes people name their bank alts that way because Bankof<xxx> might be taken. Just punch in quick fdjksfnsjk and there you go, instant bank alt with no thinking about char name.

No, just no. No legit player would ever do that for a bank alt, and it's pretty irresponsible to tell people otherwise.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2014-12-22 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    I have been running 2x level 3 barn since quite a lot, had access to it very early due to 4 alts running low lvl barn farming work orders. I'm pretty casual player don't really arsing about all this, yet i still made about 220k gold on selling savage blood alone. If one is really into this, he propably has 11 barns and at least 5-6 characters capable of trapping elites.

Honestly this is all but expected. One would be fool to expect these to hold 2,4k price forever. Heck current 1300-1400 price is going downward as well and with a good reason. With raids being released quite a while ago, do you really expect people to pay 150-200k gold for one ilvl 670 item? Drop rate buff is noticeable, before it the yield was lingering in 15-20% range, now it's about 30%. Add to this primal spirit trading from garrison mines and we have price drop & supply increase, as players just don't need this gear. Good guilds already run mythic and have 670-676 gear on farm from heroic mode. Slower, casual guilds don't fuss about one item costing 150k gold.

Should price of bloods be in decline? Absolutely. Is there a reason why all of a sudden on every server I play on out of the blue random name level 1's start selling bloods x 50, x100, x500 at 1/3 to 1/2 the market price on the same day? Absolutely...100% duping or other exploit no other rational explanation - it is too coincidental.

Not saying that it is duping, but a guy with an odd name and lvl1 was selling bloods in trade so i was like ok at that price ill buy 15. He replies ok i am need 35 minutes to get them. I immediately was like pass. Fishy as fuck

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Pretty much this.

OP, because you don't have an understanding of how simple economics works, or stolen accounts, does not mean these are dupes.

Please don't spread misinformation.
    Pretty much anything but this. Even if they aren't duped per-say, that doesn't mean they couldn't be or that nothing is being "duped."
    Take your own advice and please don't spread misinformation.

That being said, if you buy an item under these circumstances, nothing bad will come of it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    People still believe that dupes are a thing huh? Interesting.
    One guy selling 5 Swift spectral tigers for only 100k on many severs says hello. Can't believe people still believe that dupes are not a thing. I mean, not like there was a sudden, large increase in Etheral soul traders or nothing. Not like thats one of The Rares Pets In Game, that suddenly went from Maybe 1 listing to 10+ easily with a price of Only 25k. Spectral tiger cub says hello. Or the duped jewled onyx panthers that, thankfully, were broken by the duping beyond usability.

The point is, duping is and has been a thing. Such a large and obvious thing, that you would have to be so naive to not know about it. How else do you explain the rarest of items in game, that are Not being made anymore mind you, suddenly popping up in massive amounts for less then 100k within days. Oh, lets not forget the blood garnet episode.

OP: Predictable. It was only a matter of time before then big crafting material that can be traded was duped. Happens every expansion. Usually to a mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Pretty much anything but this. Even if they aren't duped per-say, that doesn't mean they couldn't be or that nothing is being "duped."
    Take your own advice and please don't spread misinformation.

That being said, if you buy an item under these circumstances, nothing bad will come of it.
    Not entirely true. The item may not work and or may be stripped from you, including what it made and gold lost. While not common, its happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Same thing happened on Emerald Dream a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Zula95 View Post
    Not saying that it is duping, but a guy with an odd name and lvl1 was selling bloods in trade so i was like ok at that price ill buy 15. He replies ok i am need 35 minutes to get them. I immediately was like pass. Fishy as fuck
    Remember them doing that last time I bought a bunch of duped tcg mounts.
    Last edited by Illiterate; 2014-12-22 at 06:07 PM.

I have switched my stance on this and now believe people are in fact duping. This really can't be coincidence anymore. Countless people are spamming trade chat with WTS Savage blood x100 for a much lower price than the AH. Count me a believer as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Pretty much this.

OP, because you don't have an understanding of how simple economics works, or stolen accounts, does not mean these are dupes.

Please don't spread misinformation.
    Yes, yes... thats right. *waves hand* there is no such thing as duping.

The Primordial Saronites of 3.3, Deathchargers of 4.1 and TGC Pets of 5.4. These were all legitimately farmed, move along now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Yes, yes... thats right. *waves hand* there is no such thing as duping.

The Primordial Saronites of 3.3, Deathchargers of 4.1 and TGC Pets of 5.4. These were all legitimately farmed, move along now.
    Not forgetting catacylsm when sands of time were being sold on mass in trade chat (by level 1s) for less than they cost at the vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post

No, just no. No legit player would ever do that for a bank alt, and it's pretty irresponsible to tell people otherwise.
    Can you provide proof for that? Or did you just assume everbody else would act the same as you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zula95 View Post
    Yeah if people want super 100% proof of the duping, they can try to engage in a conversation with these folks. They're doing the duping in that timeframe, and it'll be another account that trades the level 1 when its ready, then its traded to you. You can also check out this MMO-C thread from 2012, but that's all I can say really. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ns-Garnet-Dupe My real focus though is just letting people know that the price has gone down by half in 48 hours because of 200% quantity spikes that started from the dupe on the 19th onward and it should drop a lot more if they keep it up. On the bright side that means cheap Stage 3 gear and essences if you can hold off from it for a bit, that's all I'm really suggesting and matters for the purposes of the board. Looking to snag a cheap stage 3 DMF trinket myself in about a week.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2014-12-22 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People still think duping is a myth?
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally if these dupes are to be believed. We need evidence.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Generally if these dupes are to be believed. We need evidence.
    We went about 8 years on my server with basically no TCG mounts or pets show up on the Alliance AH. Then suddenly there's perpetually a ton of them for about 15k a pop for pets and 100k for mounts.

Not saying they're duped for sure but it's definitely suspect as hell.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    We went about 8 years on my server with basically no TCG mounts or pets show up on the Alliance AH. Then suddenly there's perpetually a ton of them for about 15k a pop for pets and 100k for mounts.

Okay...WTF is Duping? Sounds like someone is taking a dump...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post

Hacked accounts is one suspect. I'm not saying it's not shady at all. I'd wager it is but duping? I dunno..
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdcotton View Post
    Okay...WTF is Duping? Sounds like someone is taking a dump...
    Duping is when someone finds a way using game mechanics to duplicate an item. I don't know of any ways that it is done; however, it can be completely destructive to a server economy for a specific item (and sometimes the whole economy) when it runs rampant.