Deleted

Need Help with Shadow

Good evening.

Been playing my main alt - Shadow Priest - for 3 years now,whenever DPS is missing I`m there back on him and since ToT it has sort of become my main.

Current ilvl : 658

Stats with self-buffs (no flasks) :
    Critical Strike - 10.17%
    Haste - 16.50%
    Mastery - 32.50%
    Enchanted,gemmed.

We were on Heroic Imperator this evening and to be honest I was floored.

The Shadow Priest who`s only 2 ilvls above my was doing 25k DPS during the fight and by the end as we were hitting the hard parts (wipes ~ 25%) he crawled up above everyone else while I was in the ~19-20k territory.

I dont understand what I`m doing wrong.

Usual rotation : Get 5 Orbs - VP - SWP - DP - MB - double DP - channel Insanity - and off again with usual orb build up with Mind Spike as filler.

Deleted
    Can't tell you anything without logs

he's prob using halo on the remnants and maybe mind sear to help cleave them down without the tanks getting overstacked?

but yeah cant say without a log or anything sorry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephraia View Post
    Can't tell you anything without logs

he's prob using halo on the remnants and maybe mind sear to help cleave them down without the tanks getting overstacked?

but yeah cant say without a log or anything sorry
    Theres no reason to use mindsear on that fight except to quickly trigger ToF in some occasions.
    5 Orbs - > VT -> SWP is not how you should dotweave since swp has a longer duration that VT , meaning you will not only mindspike on a running SWP at the end ouf your Weave cycle and lose out on 40% CoP dmg, but also also cancel out possible SW:P ticks.

Safest way to go with is 4 Orbs - Spike - Spike - Pain - MB(5) - VT - Plague - Insanity ( 1Tick) - MB (3) - Insanity (complete channel) - Plague - MB ( 1 ) - insanity complete channel. That way you dont cancel out the last seconds of your dots.

Always try to get as much Deaths out as possible on koragh and try to maximise ToF uptime. Use Halo on every Big add that spawns and try to hit as much as possible with your halos in p2 -> 4.

Pretty basic stuff tbf. Also dont feel tied to all this dotweaving. A plague together with ToF and proccs is > waiting for dotweave cycle.
    Know when to weave, hit your Deaths and get maximum ToF / Halo usage.
    Did about 31k dps that way with 660-ish ilvl and was still throwing dps on novas to heal etc.