Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Who holds the record for most unkillable healer at any point in WoW?

    I thought I would start up a nostalgic thread for the past and pose this question. Of all the healing specs from Vanilla wow to the present, who could have been swarmed with the most players and live the longest?


    Personally I've only healed as a holy paladin, but back in Wotlk I think there was a thing where paladins could spec primarily in Protection as a healer. The result would be that they didn't have an instant cast heals, but could easily survive being interrupted a few times. They lacked healing power, but in terms of self healing they didn't really need it.

  2. #2
    Watched a holy pally in Arathi highlands take on 2 people by himself for like an hour in vanilla, he couldn't kill them but they couldn't kill him either.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I thought I would start up a nostalgic thread for the past and pose this question. Of all the healing specs from Vanilla wow to the present, who could have been swarmed with the most players and live the longest?


    Personally I've only healed as a holy paladin, but back in Wotlk I think there was a thing where paladins could spec primarily in Protection as a healer. The result would be that they didn't have an instant cast heals, but could easily survive being interrupted a few times. They lacked healing power, but in terms of self healing they didn't really need it.
    I think Burning Crusade Resto druids takes the prize. Hard to catch up with them and when you do they still got those super hots.

  4. #4
    Deleted
    Druids in BC, that was just stupid.

  5. #5
    I had major problems killing resto druids back in wrath when tree form gave huge amounts of armor.

  6. #6
    Deleted
    Prot/holy S6 takes the prize imo. Haven't ever felt more useless trying to kill a healer than when that was the go-to spec. The spec certainly didn't require the use of Avenger's shield though, completely broke it. Ranged silence that hit harder than most dps classes' big hitters. Such fun.

    I considered resto druids in s3/4, but they were relatively easy to kill if you got a hard switch on them without any hots up which was doable quite easily with the right comp. Definitely come in a close 2nd though due to their endless pillar humping faggotry.

  7. #7
    Im trying to remember when I was that disc priests were virtually unkillable and they had enough dps that if you didn't haveself heals thyould kill you

  8. #8
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    Watched a holy pally in Arathi highlands take on 2 people by himself for like an hour in vanilla, he couldn't kill them but they couldn't kill him either.
    2? LOL
    I just repeat, Druids in BC.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Serratth View Post
    I think Burning Crusade Resto druids takes the prize. Hard to catch up with them and when you do they still got those super hots.
    This x1000 tbh

  10. #10
    Resto Druids TBC for sure.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    Im trying to remember when I was that disc priests were virtually unkillable and they had enough dps that if you didn't haveself heals thyould kill you
    Reflective Shield. I miss you.

  12. #12
    TBC resto druids from memory lol.

    Tree form + so many hots.

    Disc priests at the moment seem quite strong and outshine every healer too.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    TBC resto druids from memory lol.

    Tree form + so many hots.
    Nobody used tree form in TBC pvp, it was horrible.

    I would put Prot paladin in Wotlk over druid in TBC, at least as melee trying to kill a Prot paladin was stupid, they didn't even need to kite you, compare that to druid in TBC weren't good at kiting or you got a lucky mace spec stun as a warrior they would get wrecked, plus they would eventually go oom, prot paladin never went oom.

  14. #14
    Back in Vanilla, my Zul Gurub +heal build holy priest used to duel warriors, rogues and mages with just casting Renew to keep alive. Loved to melee them to death with a fishing pole, took forever but I was literally unkillable with Renew up, back when there were no offensive dispels on alliance.

    Ton of laughs with fishing pole whack-a-mole !!

    Would also get onto the 40man BGs and run with shield + renew into everyone.

    On a sidenote there was this one time our guild's first Sulfuras went to this warrior, first thing he did was step into the 40man bg with my priest one more heal bot and proceed to 1-2 shot everyone in the opposing team while being unkillable with heals. Back when ppl weren't so organized with pvp and stuffs. Fun times.
    Last edited by Battou; 2014-12-23 at 10:52 AM.

  15. #15
    I didn't play resto druid in BC, but in mid-late Wrath i remember running around in BGs with 8+ people not able to kill me. I couldn't kill them either

  16. #16
    Deleted
    resto druids in tbc, fuck them i don't even want to remember

    Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    TBC resto druids from memory lol.

    Tree form + so many hots.

    Disc priests at the moment seem quite strong and outshine every healer too.
    really?

    Last edited by mmoc5e9403d736; 2014-12-23 at 11:36 AM.

  17. #17
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Equoowe View Post
    Nobody used tree form in TBC pvp, it was horrible.

    I would put Prot paladin in Wotlk over druid in TBC, at least as melee trying to kill a Prot paladin was stupid, they didn't even need to kite you, compare that to druid in TBC weren't good at kiting or you got a lucky mace spec stun as a warrior they would get wrecked, plus they would eventually go oom, prot paladin never went oom.
    You are right, people used a hybrid build between resto/moonkin in both talent tree and gear. That's how OP they were, they could keep a team alive with instant casts, could never go oom and could dps at the same time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping View Post
    I didn't play resto druid in BC, but in mid-late Wrath i remember running around in BGs with 8+ people not able to kill me. I couldn't kill them either
    I remember in TBC if you had 1 pvp geared resto/boomkin druid he could litterally outkite an entire team. I'm not even joking, they hardly took damage, they ran faster, could break CC or were immune and just placed a hot every 10 seconds while doing so incase they did take damage. :P

  18. #18
    Grand Marshal Hottage Hottage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hague, NL
    Posts
    3,761
    Burning Crusade Restoration Druids... by far. Their instant cast HoTs and excellent mobility were so retarded it wasn't even funny.

    Then, just because Blizzard were super sadist, they also gave them the most overpowered CC in the game: Cyclone (couldn't even trinket out of it in the early days).
    Battle for Azeroth: Grand Marshal Hottage | Classic: Hottage | Overwatch | Diablo III
    PC Specs: Intel i5 8600K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H60 | 16GB DDR4 @ 3.2Ghz | ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Twin Fan | Gigabyte Z370N
    WD Black NVMe 1TB | Toshiba P300 3TB | NZXT H200 Black/Red | Corsair SF750 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Nvidia SHIELD 32GB LTE | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red | Razer Blackwidow X Chroma | ViewSonic XG2730

  19. #19
    Yup, resto drood in BC. And they did well in WotLK too. At least i had a lot of fun there outhealing 4-5 lowgeared pvp nuubs in random BG's attacking me while keeping everyone alive around me.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    You are right, people used a hybrid build between resto/moonkin in both talent tree and gear. That's how OP they were, they could keep a team alive with instant casts, could never go oom and could dps at the same time.
    Dreamstate druid was really good with a rogue, they had enough lockdown that the nerfed healing wasn't a issue, druids couldn't do it with a warrior or warlock, even in Gladiator range see Dreamstate wasn't really that common, I know the druid I played with won a lot of games because people didn't know running around the pillar meant the druid healer was about to kill you solo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •