Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rwn View Post
    resto druids in tbc, fuck them i don't even want to remember

really?

Lol I like how you hid the other slider you had to adjust to rig it to show what you wanted... searching the same exact thing with both checked has disc on top over 2300 right now for me :P
    You're a towel.

Resto druids in season 2 arenas. TBC merciless geared. Would kite you around the coffin in the ruins of lordaeron untill 45 mins had passed and it was a tie. I kept doing it on their PTR and kept telling blizz they needed to tweak the numbers a bit.

Deleted
    Season 4 Resto Druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Paladin's in Cataclysm pre-patch. Saw one run from one end of Orgrimmar to the other end unscathed. It was pretty crazy.

Deleted
    TBC restodruids for sure. They were so freaking OP

Deleted
    TBC Resto druids were insane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Lol I like how you hid the other slider you had to adjust to rig it to show what you wanted... searching the same exact thing with both checked has disc on top over 2300 right now for me :P

What are you talking about?
    Do you think that anything below 2300 and not 3v3 is relevant when Blizzard stated that they balance the game for 3v3? Obviously if disc was so far above any other healers players at the top would play that and would be the first on the list.

I just love the mindless disc bashing which started because at the start a lot of players who can't even dispell whined about it(I admit the 5 sec silence was OP) but now that the meta is somewhat settled and the season started the good players entered the scene and at the top obviously disc is not the sole king.
    Last edited by mmoc5e9403d736; 2014-12-23 at 01:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You all have it wrong.

In late classic WoW, when maybe a few dozen people on any given realm had full T3 (or any T3 for that matter), while 90+% of the realm was in a mix of MC/BWL/ZG and dungeon blues, a resto Druid in full T3 was neigh unkillable for 3-4 or more average geared DPS.

I can say without any exaggeration that I personally held and prevented at least a good half dozen horde from capping a tower in AV by myself (geared resto druid) for over 10 mins, untill the NPC archers either killed them or weakened them enough for them to run away.

Think all the craziness of TBC resto but will a huge ilvl discrepancy. I could tank two - three DPS without even moving, just rolling HoTs on myself and giggling away.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-12-23 at 01:25 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Early BC (season 2?)
    I've played every healer in every arena season since the start and without question it was druid in early BC. I can't even count how many times it came down to 3 on 1 and me winning because the other team couldn't kill me after 20, 30, 40 minutes, at least a half dozen lasted over an hour before they fell asleep or ragequit.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    You all have it wrong.

In late classic WoW, when maybe a few dozen people on any given realm had full T3 (or any T3 for that matter), while 90+% of the realm was in a mix of MC/BWL/ZG and dungeon blues, a resto Druid in full T3 was neigh unkillable for 3-4 or more average geared DPS.

I can say without any exaggeration that I personally held and prevented at least a good half dozen horde from capping a tower in AV by myself (geared resto druid) for over 10 mins, untill the NPC archers either killed them or weakened them enough for them to run away.

Think all the craziness of TBC resto but will a huge ilvl discrepancy. I could tank two - three DPS without even moving, just rolling HoTs on myself and giggling away.
    Yeah I was about to post the same thing. Gear being equal, TBC druids were more powerful, but in the real world, there were huge gear discrepancies in Vanilla like we have never seen since in PvP. A Naxx geared healer against randoms was unkillable.

The one qualification is that Vanilla health pools were smaller and some interrupts were longer -- wasn't counterspell like 10 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    Holy Paladin's in Cataclysm pre-patch. Saw one run from one end of Orgrimmar to the other end unscathed. It was pretty crazy.
    Me and a Hpala friend 2manned Orgrimmar (He was hpala, i was boomkin - both were absurd in that prepatch). We had multiple 2v10's, 2v15's and even a 2v20 and died barely a handful of times in a night of standing ontop of the old Orgrimmar AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    I just remembered that one. We had about 30 people on a single holy paladin who just walked into Orgrimmar and he stayed alive entirely off of his instant cast spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably either Resto Druids or Prot spec / heal gear Pallies in Wrath.

Resto druid BC, broken as shit.

Resto druids and disc priests are always OP.

I remember watching 5-6 people chasing a resto druid around BE tower in EOTS during BC for a good 8-10 minutes. THey could never bring the druid below 70%.

I do recall feeling god mode-ish during cata playing resto (shaman) for pvp. Granted, I always had mained as ele, but that spec got wrecked going into Cata, only to finally become viable for pvp again at the end of MoP (when I wasn't playing) only to be brought to utter dogshit in WoD...but that's a whole other topic.

Hpala at the end of wrath was pretty nuts.

cata prepatch in wotlk.

holy paladin completely oom 5 dps on him, he casted nothing at all, and wouldn't go down, i had full epic pvp gear im used to blowing up healers with cds, but the change to something like being crit = free holy power, ment he just instant cast 3 holy power heals forever and couldn't die, i was like wind shear time to remove this from my bars!

Prot/holy pallys in wrath s6(?) were just stupid. I played one, I know. They tanked as well as anyone and had a talent that increased their critical healing by like 60% and increased spell power based on stamina. Basically they were tanks that could literally 10-100% heal someone in 1 cast, they just didn't have any instants. BC resto druids were equally stupidly strong with heals but instead had mobility where most classes lacked as well as bear form to counter mana drains/burns.

I think MoP MW monks could use a vote too. A good MW that used all of his tools was pretty much immortal. The mobility, lock port ascendance thing, stun protection strong cds, 2 trinkets, etc was pretty over the top for self-survivability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"