View Poll Results: I am single, or still single because?

Voters
389. This poll is closed
  • I am desperate but picky "Somebody up there hates you"

138 35.48%
  • My potential mate or life partner has now groveled at my feet yet

48 12.34%
  • I am too selfish, at this point and not willing to part with any of my stuff

92 23.65%
  • I want to be single for life (by Choice)

111 28.53%
Page 1 of 43
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I am single or I am still single becase?

Are you single haven't found that right person, or are you still single and do you understand why?
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2014-12-23 at 01:32 PM.

The question seems kind of incoherent.

People are single for all sorts of reasons though, ranging from a desire to be single, having just gotten out of a relationship, to being grossly inept at finding a partner.

edit - Poll was added. Wasn't there at time of post.
    Last edited by Spectral; 2014-12-23 at 01:45 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you asking if people are single and looking, or single intentionally?

Deleted
    Because noone liks a bad speller

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The question seems kind of incoherent.

People are single for all sorts of reasons though, ranging from a desire to be single, having just gotten out of a relationship, to being grossly inept at finding a partner.
    All of the above

Deleted
    Single out of choice.

Most of the girls i've seen have either been diagnosed with depression, or been extremely shy to the point of adversely affecting said relationship, or just more interested in sex.

Longest relationship was near four months, I'm 19, and right now more interested in pursuing more platonic minded relationships than sexual or romantic (The latter two are easy enough to find).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Single out of choice.

Most of the girls i've seen have either been diagnosed with depression, or been extremely shy to the point of adversely affecting said relationship, or just more interested in sex.

Longest relationship was near four months, I'm 19, and right now more interested in pursuing more platonic minded relationships than sexual or romantic (The latter two are easy enough to find).
    But you're a really handsome dude 0.0 how are you only 19? Can we be FRIENDS? I need more friends!

10+ Year Old Account
    Single out of choice.

Damn tough break man, seems like at least you have the right perspective

15+ Year Old Account
    Haven't found the right person. I do meet girls, get propositioned, even date from time to time, but it's been a long time since I met someone I wanted to move past the casual stage with. I'm very cautious romantically because of previous experiences, and I'm also very content being single, so it'll take a lot before I actually commit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't tell me you're a 20+ year old virgin OP lol. I mean we have enough losers on here as it is already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    But you're a really handsome dude 0.0 how are you only 19? Can we be FRIENDS? I need more friends!
    Oh you!

Stahp it

But yeah, I get mistaken for mid 20's often enough...

Bonus is not getting carded!

And sure, why not, you feminazi manhater you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Damn tough break man, seems like at least you have the right perspective
    Heh.

Yeah, well, I've been used by others for sex and emotional validation before so it's jaded me a little.

Now i'm just more interested in finding more friends than sexual partners, slowly working

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Don't tell me you're a 20+ year old virgin OP lol. I mean we have enough losers on here as it is already.
    OUR LORD AND SAVIOR HAS RETURNED.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that feeling.. My guildies thought I was 28+.. I'm only 18
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Wait, how handsome is he? I need proof.

Chelly
    And manlets everywhere shudder in terror as their arch-nemesis returns from the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh you!

Stahp it

Bonus is not getting carded!

And sure, why not, you feminazi manhater you!

Heh.

Yeah, well, I've been used by others for sex and emotional validation before so it's jaded me a little.

Now i'm just more interested in finding more friends than sexual partners, slowly working

Well seems like there are a lot of single people now days, and folks seem to be waiting longer and longer before they settle down, sounds kind of like the new normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    How goes the bread delivery business?

Deleted
    I'm single because:

I'm young wild and likeable (despite what some people might think from my comments) and I enjoy flirting with the opposite sex
    I like sex with strangers.
    I haven't found the right person who'd I abandon my favorite pastime for.
    This might sound superdouchy, but I kinda like "the thrill of the hunt", not that I'm good at it

So you might say I'm single by choice, but I don't know its going to be that way my whole life.
    Last edited by mmoc013aca8632; 2014-12-23 at 01:50 PM.

Well, I've found that I'm generally happier when I'm not in a relationship with anyone. It isn't because I'm antisocial or don't desire a relationship; I just tend to care more about the other person in the relationship than myself.
    I guess another reason why I'm single is that I'm not really attracted to people all that often any more. That and some other things which I don't really want to talk about in a public forum.

I'm sure I'll be capable and willing to maintain a relationship some time in the future, but at this point good friends are more than enough.

Deleted
    Single right now because I have a hard time meeting women. My location, career choice and hobbies are very man-dominated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    How goes the bread delivery business?
    I don't do that anymore. I'm back to doing overnight stock where I break down pallets of merchandise that need to be organized into the right aisles. I stock around 300 - 400 pieces a day and level 2 or 3 aisles. I work a physically demanding job, you people have no idea how busy I've been this holiday season.

And I take my job very seriously. I'm nothing like the rest of the part time clowns I have to work with. Those losers can't even pack out 150 pieces lol. I mean seriously if you're a dude and can't do at least 250, you aren't a real man. The more pieces you can pack out, the more man you are. And I'm always at the top of the piece count.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Single right now because I have a hard time meeting women. My location, career choice and hobbies are very man-dominated.
    Yeah, but who wouldn't want to date someone who wrestles (and lives inside) giant bears?