Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman1 View Post
    Why am I getting ganged up on for pointing out logs? So other classes don't have plebs pulling down averages? Method only brought Blatty to a few fights. Paragon only brought one mage and 3 dps monks. Great argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Insulting is a great argument too. I have logs where I am top 99% on fights in heroic and still not close to cracking top 3 in my guild. I know I said I was done arguing, but honestly saying the problem is between keyboard and chair? If you're playing fire at 630 you might want to look in a mirror.
    Cherry picking data is your specialty. Why did paragon bring only one mage? because they set up their comp before mages got buffs one day before mythic came out, so it was too late then, they didn't gear more or they would have brought more. The interview is right on the front page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages are quite strong atm. Are you a clicker? Not trying to be rude, just wondering if that's the problem with movement fights for you, or if you're not using ice floes.

According to logs, they're very good atm and if you want to go the "look at what top guilds are saying/doing" in their finalboss interview the guys from Paragon said mages are too strong compared to the other ranged atm. As the guy above me said, their raid comp was decided prior to mage buffs and was picked for doing mythic imperator, not butcher, otherwise they probably would have brought 4-5 mages.

Deleted
    LOL, how can you say VERY strong when according to every log on Herioc and Mythic, 50,75, 95% mages are middle to bottom of pack? What information are you basing this on? Sims in a short, no movement fight? Yes then we are strong. Please look at logs and justify your answer of VERY strong.
    They're baddies.

Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by jareq View Post
    They're baddies.

Simple as that.
    I think mages are very good allrounders so far, however lack of mages usually dont make or break an encounter. While e.g having no hunter/moonkin or warri/monk/melee shaman can make a fight ridiculously harder. Question is what do u want to be? Irreplaceable on some fights while underperforming on others, or decent to good on every fight but replaceable?

I main a mage and I can't really think of any complains at the moment. The roles I fill during fights are acceptable and manageable. I don't think I need to rule the world and be top dps on every fight. Mages have very strong survivability. Have great mobility as well. With more gear I obviously will become stronger. For arena I can see a reason to complain because it's pretty boring. I mean your choices for comp are god or pmr. It could be worse you could main rogue and do really good on aoe but abysmal in single target.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2014-12-25 at 02:20 PM.

Deleted
    Whoever argues mages are bad because they only brought one mage quote from Finalboss Interview: Mages are a bit over the top.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Mages seem pretty reasonable right now... Lucky OP doesn't play a class that is actually weak, he'd have a complete meltdown.

Mage skill cap may have actually increased. PC isn't easy for a lot of people to use which is why mage DPS rank jumps so much going from 50 percentile to 95 percentile.

I feel like the average mage doesn't use PC or doesn't know how to use it (I've actually come across mages that are specced into PC but just don't drop it at all on the course of a fight), and does silly things like keep water jet on auto cast.

When played right, mages are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Mage skill cap may have actually increased. PC isn't easy for a lot of people to use which is why mage DPS rank jumps so much going from 50 percentile to 95 percentile.

I feel like the average mage doesn't use PC or doesn't know how to use it (I've actually come across mages that are specced into PC but just don't drop it at all on the course of a fight), and does silly things like keep water jet on auto cast.

When played right, mages are fine.
    Always find it amazing that people believe a piss poor designed spell like PC adds skill. I consistently see theory crafters argue a tier only need be balanced within itself, if CS or TV gave equal or slightly better DPS than PC, all of you would call a turd... a turd

Are mages in a bad place, nope. Are we prefect, nope. Are they close, yeap. MI saves that tier, 100 tier is a mess, frost PvE cleave needs a hard look and fix the damn bugs

Looks like blizzard agrees based on recent ptr notes...

Looks like blizzard agrees based on recent ptr notes...
    They did agree, weeks ago, which is why they implemented all the changes noted on the PTR patch notes. Those are almost entirely tooltip updates.

LOL, how can you say VERY strong when according to every log on Herioc and Mythic, 50,75, 95% mages are middle to bottom of pack? What information are you basing this on? Sims in a short, no movement fight? Yes then we are strong. Please look at logs and justify your answer of VERY strong.
    You can go ahead and throw your mythic logs out the window. I'm topping charts as arcane and we're still getting buffed in 6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by wregelmann View Post
    You can go ahead and throw your mythic logs out the window. I'm topping charts as arcane and we're still getting buffed in 6.1.
    what buff ? i believe they are all tooltip updates and there are no changes except for deep freeze

NEWS FLASH. Being middle of the pack aka average means blizzard is doing their job. Not everyone can be fotm op and mages have had more then their fair share of it. Ideally everyone would be middle of the pack and i have to say, this is the closest blizzard has ever come to that goal