Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Easiest money making profession for lazy people?

I'm definitely not someone that cares about profession or actively tries to make lots of gold or anything, but I currently have 8 enchanters each pumping out a temporal crystal every day for a profit of 400-500 (3200-4000 total) gold a day for a few minutes of work. I was going to boost my remaining 3 non-90s soon and was wondering what to take as their second profession (going enchanting on all of them for their first - not just for the money, but because i like all my toons to have it because it's convenient). Is there another profession that has a super easy money maker like enchanting? Something that I can just spend a few minutes on each character to make and quickly sell every day?

That "quick sell" profession used to be alchemy before they scrapped the idea of another type of truegold/living steel.

Had alchemical catalyst prices not crashed like pretty much everything else they could've been a decent income.
    Last edited by Saft; 2014-12-27 at 01:32 PM.

Next patch ( likely ) Blizzard is going to sell Tokens for real money that you can sell ingame for gold, those tokens are used to pay the Sub for WoW.

This sounds like somthing for you.

Beside that start to farm blood.

Deleted
    Inscription for cards maybe? Not sure how much the price on those has gone down though now.

Deleted
    Inscription requires a bit of work, the herb garden + milling. Card prices vary though, on my server some are 100g some are 1000g.

JC / BS / Engineering require no work whatsoever, just buy a load of ore from the AH when it's dirt cheap. I sell the stat reroll items for around 300g each just because it's quick.

Deleted
    I've got inscription/herb and im the kinds of guy that logs only for raids / few times a day for garrison.
    Money comes easy once you've got rank 3 scribe's building and herb garden.
    I make about 3 darkmoon card days / day but sometimes i make trinket upgrades which i sell for 20-30k w/o savage blood. so there's 20k+ gold /week from just playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I've put stuff from my mine and herb garden up on the AH and it's always sold. It's not big money but jeez, it's easy money for the effort involved. The secret for making gold for me in this expansion has been to have a lot of little streams instead of relying on just one or two big ones. Jewelcrafting daily is worth usually about 1400-1600 a week for doing not very much.

The other key to this is that I'm not spending a lot of gold on much of anything now that I've got my garrison leveled.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-12-28 at 01:24 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Well this might be too much work for some but I have been using 3 blacksmith CDs to make the 660 fully upgraded weapons. I have farmed all the mats on my own (savage bloods from barn, ore from mine, etc) and sold 2 in the last couple weeks for 150k each. Now that savage bloods are cheap I might just start buying them to save time trapping in Nagrand.

AH is by far the best profession for bulk money quickly

no other profession can make more than a couple k a day tops, if you're lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
    AH is by far the best profession for bulk money quickly

no other profession can make more than a couple k a day tops, if you're lucky.
    Ah requires dedication, patience, and knowledge about how to flip items. This guy wants an easy lazy method to make a few extra bucks. So ah isn't an option

Deleted
    Hello

Well there are so many ways to make easy gold right now, more so with a nice number of chars lol, I have 6 level 100 chars and 4 about 92, this means in total i have ten mines and six gardens (6 mine's and garden's level three) all chars have the enchanting building. please keep in mind i have every profession as you do not need to be level 700 to make the good stuff :P

With all the herbs i make pots and flasks, mostly pots as on my server say str pots sell for 6g each, where the herbs sell for like 1g each, small profit but omg i miss pot master proc's

With the Ore i make crap armour and just DE it all for dust and Luminous shards, (shards sell for 75g atm) I get i can keep all the enchanting building pumping out with very little to no work.

on avg i get 120 Fractured Temporal crystals a day and three Temporal Crystals as i have three enchanters

If like me you spend about an hour ro houe and 30 mins in the morning doing all your garrisons, everything above is free, just take a little time (now i have add on's ot help out) but if you do not have that time, then just do your herb garden and buy the ore just as simple but not as much profit.

yes i do my BS, LW, Tailoring, Inscription, Alchemy, Engineering and JC building on chars with that profession to maximize the number item i can craft with the daily cool down, this also sees anywhere from 25 to 30k a week in as I can make about 22 a day of the daily cool down items with a follower in the building.

EDIT: then again not sure if this would be to much work, easy as hell but does take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevalus View Post
    Ah requires dedication, patience, and knowledge about how to flip items. This guy wants an easy lazy method to make a few extra bucks. So ah isn't an option
    lol no wonder it's so easy to do, if people think like you

i literally started by seeing people in trade "WTB darkmoon trink x".. me: "how much"... *checks AH* *sees that the cards are cheaper to buy than their offer* oh look at that, 5k gold profit. Hell i probably made 200-300k buying cards, selling trinks because the trinks had a markup.. and people think you need DMF to make the decks.

or lowballing people on BoE's in trade chat, and putting a 10k+ mark up on them.. Garn too, i've bought a few for 10k and sold for 20k. people are lazy.

sure, i got a lot of gold to start with flipping ores>bars, but that's pennies compares to the much MUCH easier BoE flipping.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're in luck. Blizzard is rolling out a method so that you can buy tokens (with real money) and sell it for gold. The tokens will be used by other players to purchase game time.

Super easy and perfect for someone like you who wants a lazy way to make gold. You don't even have to bother with leveling professions to 700!
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Any of the armor- or weapon-crafting professions (Tailor/Leatherworker/Blacksmith/Scribe/Jewelcrafter) can make re-roll items that sell pretty well. Scribes are probably not as good as the others but they can make Darkmoon Cards too. BS/JC might be the better two simply because of how plentiful and therefore cheap ore is now.

The JC and Inscription buildings at lvl 2 with a follower are also nice for some easy gold via daily quests so long as you have the mats. The JC daily takes 20-120 ore of either type each day for 100-300 gold. The Inscription daily takes 4 Pigments per day (about 10 milled herbs) for two limited duration items (24 hours). When the duration is up they become "expired". You can either combine two of the same item or four expired items for something that'll vendor for up to 225 gold - not quite as good as the JC daily but it's cheap and easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    You're in luck. Blizzard is rolling out a method so that you can buy tokens (with real money) and sell it for gold. The tokens will be used by other players to purchase game time.

Super easy and perfect for someone like you who wants a lazy way to make gold. You don't even have to bother with leveling professions to 700!
    Dont they still have that pet you can buy for irl cash and sell on AH for gold?

As for professions, with tailoring you can craft bags and they will always sell, just buy cheap fur for workorders on AH

Deleted
    The upgrade items are good for money but it is not that fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    TCG pets always were a very easy way to make gold as well - and my primary source of gold income for the past few years. Buy them on eBay, sell them on the AH - almost zero effort, and depending on your server, relatively lucrative in terms of money <-> gold.

I would say JC. You can get a follower at your building and then do the daily, the mats will come from your mine, and get 125-250g. Never sell anything, never leave your garrison.

Lvl 3 Inn treasure missions sure do add up quickly how much gold they make for such a small time and gold investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    So far i made over 50k just by selling enchants.
    The mats are free just from sending your followers on mission and disenchanting the greens.