advice request; gpu options; when/if to upgrade cpu next year

I'll put the build (or as close as I could get) at the end from pcpartpicker.

I currently run a 560ti; can SLI but the other 560ti is in a second computer instead of its 550ti. I know the 970 is a beast and a planned upgrade by the middel-end of next year ... I was curious if there was something cheaper that I could use that would allow one of the PCs to run the 560ti in SLI and the other have similar or better performance than that and would cost closer to half the current rates of the 970 (around a $175 limit).

Second question; is there a reason now or will there be a reason to upgrade from my 2500k to the 14 nm architecture or the haswell K series at the time late next year. Currently OC to 4.8 GHz stable just running 48 multiplier; other 2500k we have runs same numbers just as easily. I'll go further if it is suggested to

Plans are already there for replacement PSUs and drives. >3 yo SSDs, and 6+ yo HDDs; will go for a 250-500 GB SSD (most likely crucial M550), and a low rpm mass storage (such as a WD Green 1-4 TB).

With 560ti SLI, was able to run warlords at beyond ultra settings (/console commands, later the /ts addon) with solid framerates, 40 in intense areas, in the 5-600 range in a very bland and small environment (think cave, no flashy spells/animations). My expectations would be, to find a sub-$200 card that can be equal or greater to these cards in SLI, preferably Nvidia, but not a requirement.

For the future, in regards to the CPU; recording, streaming, and uploading will be some of the things done that will be the biggest load outside of running a game itself. Games will consist mainly of Heroes of the Storm, League of Legends, Final Fantasy XIV ARR, Tera, WoW, and some Steam games.

I do plan to be able to start working on a full build around the beginning of 2016 if necessary, in the 2-3k range to allow for some parts that aren't as value oriented, and more visually appealing (say all black parts, or black/white theme, lighting, fancy case, water cooling (visual for me from reduced clutter of a massive heat sink towering from the motherboard), etc). The budget is basically set to build 2 mirror PCs builds for at or under $6k including a few 21:9 monitors for each one.

Ty in advance

here is the current build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($42.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($42.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial M4 64GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($97.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($50.88 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB Video Card ($215.98 @ Amazon)
    Case: Logisys CS888CL ATX Mid Tower Case ($60.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($50.98 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: Gateway KX2153bd 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($119.98 @ OutletPC)
    Keyboard: Razer Marauder StarCraft II Heart of the Swarm Wired Gaming Keyboard ($145.16 @ Amazon)
    Headphones: Razer Banshee StarCraft II Heart of the Swarm Headset ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Other: BFG 1000W PSU
    Other: Asus P8P67 PRO Rev.3 Mobo
    Other: SC2 mouse
    Total: $1276.88
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-27 10:26 EST-0500

Deleted
    I'd look at the R9-285 or the upcoming GTX960, which is a sufficient upgrade to not really care about recent releases, both of which should retail for between $175-250. At the upper end, you might also be able to find an R9-290, which is a pretty beastly upgrade.

As for CPU upgrades.... Dont boher upgrading to a Haswell or Broadwell part (if they even release Broadwell desktop parts to the public at this point, theyre so late) - wait for Skylake next year, which will be the first CPU to use the new socket (1151). Otherwise, youll end up replacing your motherboard with ine that has no future upgrade oath for no real performance gain.

960, ty, patience is a virtue and waiting a couple months for that is probably the best thing I can do for myself as I don't need a card this moment.

I'm lucky I have the hardware to be patient for a couple years on the CPU, I'll wait for Skylake 6+ core and K series then. Allows time for DDR4 to come down in price.

Looks like about 2 more years before I need to invest in mobo/cpu to see any real value in the investment. I had no idea that the 2500k would last me 6+ years

ty and any other guidance would be appreciated

7+ Year Old Account
    Wait for Skylake and upgrade then. The 2500k is still a very good processor. The Haswell equivalent (4690k) is a little bit faster, but you're looking at less than 10%. And Sandy Bridge can be very easily overclocked to match the 4690k.

The 970 is a good video card for a longer term investment (will easily outperform 560ti SLI).