Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    snip

Can't see how using mastery enchant would be better than either haste, bleed or multistrike. (using the default API - using my own characters gear).
    Just did a few sims for my enchants since my weapon enchant things are a bit dated, last time I ran them was after the RPPM nerf for shattered hand, but I still seem to be getting different results to you:

AS/UF:

Single target:

2 targets:

6 targets:
    EM/UF:

Single target

2 targets:

6 targets
    PE/AS:

Single target:

2 targets:

6 targets:
    PE/EM:

Single target:

2 targets:

6 targets:
    I'm not really amazing with Simcraft, but just used my default profiles for each spec. Ran on the same parameters (20% variation, 450sec), the profile I used is underneath. If you can find any problems with it would appreciate it a lot since I'm not fully comfortable with doing full comparisons

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atylia View Post
    Its fairly straightforward

Spell Power coefficients:
    LB = 88%
    CL = 46%

There is a 25% chance to deal 100% extra damage, so on average they will do 25% more damage on the primary target.

88 * 1.25 = 110%
    46 * 1.25 = 57.5%

Adding a second target without the Stormstrike debuff:

57.5% + 46% = 103.5% vs 110% of LB.

This is without Unleashed Fury, with UF LB wins by a large margin.
    I'll just pull the info I was basing it off from Purge on Totemspot:

LB was buffed by 10%, and CL was buffed by 20% and then by 10% (so 1.1*1.2 = 1.32x).

A 25% crit buff is not equal to 25% extra damage unless you have 0% chance to crit. Say you have 8% crit chance (880 crit rating) from gear, +10% agi spec, +5% base, +5% raid buff, -3% crit suppression = 25% base chance to crit, then the 25% crit chance debuff is only worth 1.5/1.25 = 1.2x damage buff. And yes, it's not hard to put SS up on both targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    I'm not really amazing with Simcraft, but just used my default profiles for each spec. Ran on the same parameters (20% variation, 450sec), the profile I used is underneath. If you can find any problems with it would appreciate it a lot since I'm not fully comfortable with doing full comparisons
    Looking quickly at the differences of our gear the biggest thing I can see is I got 2x mythic weapons and you got heroic ones, and that you have the coin trinket while I have the Scales of doom.

And this is just my line of thinking before I've done any testing but higher ilvl weapons should mean that haste is valued higher compared to mastery, and when your weapons have a lower ilvl then more of your damage will come from sources that gets increased by mastery. But I'll see if I can figure something out in sims.

We had this argument brought up in another thread earlier.

Is best weapon in MH or OH better? My sims had them exactly 6 DPS apart and high levels of mastery should benefit OH..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

I'll agree that 25% crit does not exactly equal 25% damage. So it's clear that with higher levels of crit CL pulls closer to LB on 2 targets so lets look at the worst case scenario: 75% buffed crit (100% with Stormstrike):

The increase of damage is:

2 / 1.75 = 1.142857143

LB: 88% * 2 / 1.75 = 100.5714286%
    CL: 46% * 2 / 1.75 = 52.57142857% + 46% = 98.57142857%

So even then LB > CL on 2 targets. Unless you keep Stormstrike on both targets.

Looking quickly at the differences of our gear the biggest thing I can see is I got 2x mythic weapons and you got heroic ones, and that you have the coin trinket while I have the Scales of doom.

And this is just my line of thinking before I've done any testing but higher ilvl weapons should mean that haste is valued higher compared to mastery, and when your weapons have a lower ilvl then more of your damage will come from sources that gets increased by mastery. But I'll see if I can figure something out in sims.
    Yeah could be any one of those things. The difference most of the time (other than the high target AoE situations) is fairly insignificant anyway, just as long as there's a haste enchant present the other isn't quite as important. Will keep it up to date as I get a few more items to see if anything big changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    We had this argument brought up in another thread earlier.

Is best weapon in MH or OH better? My sims had them exactly 6 DPS apart and high levels of mastery should benefit OH..
    A quick sim replacing one of my Bladefists with a Mythic and placing it in each slot showed the following:

After running a few others on various characters of different gear levels, I'd say OH, but the difference is absolutely tiny regardless.

Deleted

Ran using only EM PE LM because I was lazy. But it seems to somewhat show that higher ilvl weapons compared to the rest of your gear = haste/haste enchant. Lower ilvl weapon compared to the rest of your gear = master/haste (or maybe even mastery/mastery but yeah... too lazy atm to test).

So fire nova caps on 7 targets? Why doesn't any tool tip say this? That is incredibly annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb167 View Post
    So fire nova caps on 7 targets? Why doesn't any tool tip say this? That is incredibly annoying.
    Got added in just after the pre-patch for WoD, mostly because of silly trash stuff on Garrosh.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't really matter how it feels, it can be nothing but a dps increase to get extra Frost shocks in your rotation. The only way it'll be a dps loss is if you start using Frost shock over higher priority spells - in which case it's a player error.
    No real other glyphs to pick that can increase your DPS.
    Its a ~200 DPS increase on something like Butcher. On almost any other fight, the glpyh cannot be utilized.

The glpyh is a trap on any other fight because it tempts you to try and squeeze those extra Frost Shocks in, due to mechanics and movement its simply not feasible. Lets remember that these guides are often pegged at the average player. The average player should not be taking it because they will be in a lot of cases postponing other abilities or clipping the GCD on Stormstrike/LavaLash to use it which is simply bad play.

In my mind and a lot of other peoples minds, those extra handful of frost shocks is simply not worth it when I could be doing ANYTHING else.

I remember back in wrath I had a modification on my bars that made spells red if using something would push the GCD past their CD, sorry there is't more detail but visual indicator might help
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Its a ~200 DPS increase on something like Butcher. On almost any other fight, the glpyh cannot be utilized.

The glpyh is a trap on any other fight because it tempts you to try and squeeze those extra Frost Shocks in, due to mechanics and movement its simply not feasible. Lets remember that these guides are often pegged at the average player. The average player should not be taking it because they will be in a lot of cases postponing other abilities or clipping the GCD on Stormstrike/LavaLash to use it which is simply bad play.

In my mind and a lot of other peoples minds, those extra handful of frost shocks is simply not worth it when I could be doing ANYTHING else.
    For the average player I agree, and I did an alteration yesterday to the glyph mostly just to highlight how the glyph can be damaging if used incorrectly. I think the glyph itself is very much a learning process, because you need to practice, and get used to your varying GCD based on haste, and as such for early learners it's very restrictive. When you're looking for something to push that little bit more and you've grasped the core mechanics though, it can be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by AMonkeyCourier View Post
    No idea how to incorporate this into an APL. Is it a DPS increase to delay feral and EM to sync with a glyph primal ele in an infinitely long single target encounter?
    I didn't see this addressed anywhere, but no.

I can't sim an infinitely long encounter, but at 10 minutes +/- 20%, it is about a 10% DPS loss on single-target to hold Elemental Mastery and Feral Spirits to line up with glyphed Primal Fire Elemental.

The changes to do your own testing would be to add the bolded portion below:

Code:
    actions+=/blood_fury
    actions+=/arcane_torrent
    actions+=/berserking
    actions+=/elemental_mastery,sync=fire_elemental_totem
    actions+=/storm_elemental_totem
    actions+=/fire_elemental_totem,if=(talent.primal_elementalist.enabled&active_enemies<=10)|active_enemies<=6
    actions+=/ascendance
    actions+=/feral_spirit,sync=fire_elemental_totem
    actions+=/liquid_magma,if=pet.searing_totem.remains>=15|pet.magma_totem.remains>=15|pet.fire_elemental_totem.remains>=15
    actions+=/ancestral_swiftness
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

I would strongly recomemend creatign some Golden Tips/Rules for each Mythic Encounter some life hacks which could increase our dmg

While I think this is a great guide, I suggest that you elaborate more on why Elemental Fusion is such a poor talent. You don't give a lot of information about it and it seems like selecting that talent is a trap a lot of newer players are falling in.

Again, great work overall =)

Deleted
    Haste > Multistrike > Mastery >>> Crit > Versatility

My sim keeps resulting in multi being equal to mastery and versatility being slightly better than crit, so do you have any data on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormreage View Post

My sim keeps resulting in multi being equal to mastery and versatility being slightly better than crit, so do you have any data on this?
    Hell, my sims have

Haste => Multi > Mastery >>> Vers > Crit.

Since all our off-stats are mediocre, they'll all be close to eachother, which means your stats prio will fluctuate constantly with every new piece of gear.

Meanwhile, DK in my guild gains 3.05 DPS per point of multistrike. I gain 2.01 per point of haste. Same item level. /rant
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stormreage View Post

With the stats they have fluctuated a LOT recently, and sims generally change relative to gear. As Sarasun said above, unfortunately it almost comes down to having to sim each piece, because sims change with each individual stat point.

Hey Folks, I'm quite new here, and to the Enh Shaman buisness could someone please tell me what would be the best rotation for Enh Shamn for Single Target /Cleave (2-3 ) Targets and Mass AoE (Tectus) I mean stuff like Talents, or some special things we should use,
    what to prioritise SS or LL ?
    Which one while using EotE ?
    When to refresh Flame Shock ?
    How to apply Flame Shock on Cleave/AoE Targets ?
    How to deal with LL spreading FS in those fights, should I reapply Buffed Flame shock ? or just use ever UF buff on FN
    I will much appiracete for help

Quote Originally Posted by Kario View Post
    Hey Folks, I'm quite new here, and to the Enh Shaman buisness could someone please tell me what would be the best rotation for Enh Shamn for Single Target /Cleave (2-3 ) Targets and Mass AoE (Tectus) I mean stuff like Talents, or some special things we should use,
    what to prioritise SS or LL ?
    Which one while using EotE ?
    When to refresh Flame Shock ?
    How to apply Flame Shock on Cleave/AoE Targets ?
    How to deal with LL spreading FS in those fights, should I reapply Buffed Flame shock ? or just use ever UF buff on FN
    I will much appiracete for help
    So I would first off get this Hekili on curse then spend an hour or so on a dummy getting comfy with it.

then there is this thread Talents for highmaul

Hope that helps as a first step..

esr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    With the stats they have fluctuated a LOT recently, and sims generally change relative to gear. As Sarasun said above, unfortunately it almost comes down to having to sim each piece, because sims change with each individual stat point.
    This.. oh dear goodness this..My stat weights change thier minds so often its like watching 3 teenagers try to buy clothes..

as a small aside. Since mastery destroys all other stats in high AoE encounters.. of which there are a few in HM, and only slightly lags behind haste in normal encounters. If you are being brought in for your AoE (and less for your ST DPS), would it be valid to stack (gem / enchant) mastery rather than haste.

I am tempted to switch over for next weeks reset and try it out.

esr.

This is an addon wit build in rotatiion What I would require is the raw rotation to check with my current sim settings what's more such an addon work fine only on Singel Target fights,
    Regarding Talents for highmaul
    Anyone able to confirm/deny this talent setup for each boss ?