advice on tablets

I know this isn't technically an upgrade or build question.

But what do people consider the best tablets out there, 7-10", and especially advice on what the best chipsets are.

If I have a pref, it's to stay away from IPads, but considering Android and possibly Windows.

Ideally under $500. I already have a kickass laptop and desktop, so trying to round it out with a tablet.

10+ Year Old Account
    At under $500 the sky's the limit with tablets. I don't put much value in tablets beyond toys for kids and senior citizens. Personally I would go with a tablet that has a strong community on XDA that makes custom roms. But for that kind of money why not get the Nvidia Shield Tablet k1? It does seem to have a community for custom roms too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    At under $500 the sky's the limit with tablets. I don't put much value in tablets beyond toys for kids and senior citizens. Personally I would go with a tablet that has a strong community on XDA that makes custom roms. But for that kind of money why not get the Nvidia Shield Tablet k1? It does seem to have a community for custom roms too.
    the Shield Tablet is the one that seems to jump out a little, however, I've also read that there are compatability issues with the k1 chip. And also that 5.0 isn't very good and causes a lot of lag and delays. Thus I'm a little leary to just jump in and why I have questions. Add that it seems to me that 3mb of ram is becoming the standard and the Shield only has 2.

Haha I was about to say ipad but nevermind. I guess most gamers are more tech oriented and want something more customizable and budget oriented.

Funny thing is, with all the other gadgets I have, my i-pad is completely worry free, which for me beats out the perks of the other tablets, lol.