Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragaflask View Post
    8 second kindney full of dots and a killing spree. My heals couldnt save me from that lol

- - - Updated - - -

speaking of which didnt blizzard say they wanted to slow down on the burst gimmick?
    You want to be able to survive against 2 classes focusing you?

Sorry.

No.

Sounds balanced to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceDevilos View Post
    People get rocked in a BG a few times by talented players on a class and it needs nerfed... so sad, Affliction Locks are annoying and a bugger and a half to kill but are NOT OP, my frost DK is OP alongside of Ret Pallies, the Feral Druid / Rogue gripes are what really tickles me pink, for two reasons...

1. I can't tell you the amount of times either class jumped me in combat and on either my Enh Shaman or DK I turned around and shredded them... UNLESS... they were skilled with their class aka Feral dotted and kited/healed when I Popped CDS, as for Rogue they rely heavily on CDS if their CDS are up and they blow EVERY SINGLE ONE, sorry your out of luck unless you have CDS to pop, and if you do and choose not to take the loss with a grain of salt, a skilled rogue will beat you a bad rogue or even mediocre rogue never will

2. (repeat first) In less words if they are good with the class and you are "OK" as in you dont manage your CDS and resource pool whatever that may be hop off the nerf-this wagon and learn to play forums like this are a great place to find answers to why your getting mutilated... play with the dummy learn to max your dps and use your head when popping CDS and ABOVE ALL know the skills of EACH AND EVERY CLASS so you know what your up against on an opponent to opponent basis...
    I was one of the original windfury shamans in vanilla, so i k now a little about being op myself. When i talk about nerfing its about tuning. Trust me being able to by a clothy and kill them was extremely gimmicky. Lets not forget about the legendary dagger rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a DK, Rogues to me are those very very VERY annoying little mosquitos buzzing around your ears.

Occasionally they drop down on you and suck some of you blood, and when you go to squash them out of existence they fly away like little cowards and then appear a minute later to do the same.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I was one of the original windfury shamans in vanilla, so i k now a little about being op myself. When i talk about nerfing its about tuning. Trust me being able to by a clothy and kill them was extremely gimmicky. Lets not forget about the legendary dagger rogues.
    Coincidentally as was I, running around with Unstoppable Force and RNG'ing a T2 character via Windfury and weapon stun procs was a god given miracle and when it happened I laughed so hard it hurt... however that was RNG not consistence or skill and if I didn't get those procs the endless fear or frost nova kiting with the occasional sheep and finally of 2 shot insta Pyro rape I wasn't killin casters back then very oft (at least not geared/talented ones), I do see where you are coming from however and agree tuning is necessary, but don't bring up the 2H Shaman days I miss 2 Handed windfury too much and it hurts my heart that it is gone still /cry

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceDevilos View Post
    Coincidentally as was I, running around with Unstoppable Force and RNG'ing a T2 character via Windfury and weapon stun procs was a god given miracle and when it happened I laughed so hard it hurt... however that was RNG not consistence or skill and if I didn't get those procs the endless fear or frost nova kiting with the occasional sheep and finally of 2 shot insta Pyro rape I wasn't killin casters back then very oft (at least not geared/talented ones), I do see where you are coming from however and agree tuning is necessary, but don't bring up the 2H Shaman days I miss 2 Handed windfury too much and it hurts my heart that it is gone still /cry
    Indeed! /cry still hope that shamans are able to get 2h back in some form like frost death knight having an option but then again i doubt blizzard wants ro itemize agi onto 2handed axes or maces even though there are some.

Indeed! /cry still hope that shamans are able to get 2h back in some form like frost death knight having an option but then again i doubt blizzard wants ro itemize agi onto 2handed axes or maces even though there are some.
    They never will even though its as easy as allowing the 2 handers to give agility for us in place of strength like a million items do with Intel/Agil/Str now... it makes me sad, Dual Wielding shaman never made sense to me when it came out I always felt 2H was more in line with the class... but whatevs

Deleted
    How can u cry about affli locks and combat rogues ? Did you just lose to them cuz u sucked ? Sadboys.

Today i played vs like 50 rets as a rogue. Say hi to 10 million melee bubbles. Sick combat kidney aint doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    As a DK, Rogues to me are those very very VERY annoying little mosquitos buzzing around your ears.

Occasionally they drop down on you and suck some of you blood, and when you go to squash them out of existence they fly away like little cowards and then appear a minute later to do the same.
    Now that was funny, and a good analogy.

Rogues can be frustrating but I do not see them as OP. Affliction Locks are certainly not OP. Sure, if you have someone on you AND an Affliction Lock dots you up with Soulburn: Haunt buff active you will likely die, but like someone above said 2 v 1 you should die.

Quote Originally Posted by Biruta View Post
    Ret paladins must be the next target... their burst are insane in pvp and they can heal and have Divine Shield, lay on hands, hand of freedon, stuns, etc...

- - - Updated - - -

this is the truth, they are really op atm.
    Ret can't use lay on hands in arena. Ret is really good right now, but our defensives aren't as strong as other classes and after the flash of light nerf our self heals are pitiful. My flash does around 20k per cast and if I'm really low I'll actually run out of mana before I can get myself back to full health. Rogues, warriors and DKs eat me alive. I shit stomp healers and most other dps classes are an even fight, though I'm generally fairly confidant against hunters, ferals and enhancement shamans.

From my point of view, ret's two biggest weaknesses are lack of control and lack of good defensive options outside of bubble/HoP. We have incredible burst and great team utility but we lack CC compared to a lot of other classes, especially hunters, rogues and mages. Once you force out a ret's bubble, they're generally not hard to finish off. It's not nearly as hard as finishing off a hunter or rogue. Against me, Evasion and Cloak are just as good as bubble, and rogues have vanish and ridiculously long stuns. Oh, and you can prevent a ret from using bubble by silencing them, that's a thing.

This is all from a 2v2 point of view. I know 3s is the only thing that matters, but I play 2s, so, yeah, that's kind of the only perspective I can give.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel Ret/Disc/Frost DKs are really the only problem at the moment. The rest is fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainn View Post
    I feel Ret/Disc/Frost DKs are really the only problem at the moment. The rest is fine.
    I second this. If you actually tried playing rogue you'd realize the skill ceiling for rogue is extremely high. Its not just mashing buttons like DK and Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Soloable View Post
    I second this. If you actually tried playing rogue you'd realize the skill ceiling for rogue is extremely high. Its not just mashing buttons like DK and Paladin.
    I would agree before the expansion but combat spamming sinister strike, waiting for guile to turn and working in a 12 second kidney then killing spree? Personally i dont like when they have some like that. I have rogue myself, ive done well in arenas as assassination but watching people climbing ladder as a mind numbing spec is depressing. Also good paladins dont just button smash. Well at least one of my partner doesnt, the toolkit that paladins have more use that the damage. Heck i was on my prot paladin i was in a bg and i ended up killing two equally gear rets.
    Last edited by Ragaflask; 2014-12-30 at 12:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury Warriors are scaling too well with gear, I foresee them being a problem real soon as more people get geared.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Lol. Grouping Warlocks and Rogues together?

The answer is never.

Statements like this are just silly. Yes, nerf Disc, the least represented healer at 2400+. And why are they the least represented? Because they're incredibly easy to deal with if your team knows what they're doing.

Honestly, the same kind of goes for Rets. I think their ranged damage needs to be toned down a bit, but honestly I don't think Rets are nearly as strong as people think they are, not anymore anyways. Their healing got nerfed pretty hard and they can actually be CC'd during wings now.

DKs are strong, but I don't see how they're overpowered in any way. They do a lot of damage, but it's not impossible to heal through because they offer no CC to their team. Deathgrips are annoying, but not that hard to play around. They have either one stun or one silence, but compared to any other class that's not a big deal at all.

The only things in the game that *really* need to be changed are Combat 8 second Kidneys, Hunters 12 sec CD trap, and that's pretty much it. Make the Kidney 6 seconds, and trap CD 18 for Survival, and that would fix a ton of problems in arenas currently. Issues like damage and such are hard to judge until everyone is full geared, some classes scale a lot better than others, so we'll need to wait a couple more weeks until that's all figured out.

Deleted
    how about we nerf ret, dks, ferals instead?

you know the actual no brain op classes

nerfing warlocks hahahahahahahaahahahah

that was a good one
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-12-30 at 04:45 AM.

Deleted
    nevermind, I'm unsubbing anyway most likely until they do something to sv hunters, combat rogues and the melee trains, the feeling that you actually outplay your opponent is missing when we lose to some noobs who constantly misplay but their skillset makes that a nonissues since they have a fuckload of other things to make up for it anyway
    Last edited by mmoc5e9403d736; 2014-12-30 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Lol. Grouping Warlocks and Rogues together?

The answer is never.
    Like... RLS?

A comp since... forever?

10+ Year Old Account
    seriously? are you just saying that because you got owned by a lock or something?

I play affliction and while it's fine if you can free cast and aren't focused, you go down after your cd's without a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Statements like this are just silly. Yes, nerf Disc, the least represented healer at 2400+. And why are they the least represented? Because they're incredibly easy to deal with if your team knows what they're doing.

Honestly, the same kind of goes for Rets. I think their ranged damage needs to be toned down a bit, but honestly I don't think Rets are nearly as strong as people think they are, not anymore anyways. Their healing got nerfed pretty hard and they can actually be CC'd during wings now.

DKs are strong, but I don't see how they're overpowered in any way. They do a lot of damage, but it's not impossible to heal through because they offer no CC to their team. Deathgrips are annoying, but not that hard to play around. They have either one stun or one silence, but compared to any other class that's not a big deal at all.

The only things in the game that *really* need to be changed are Combat 8 second Kidneys, Hunters 12 sec CD trap, and that's pretty much it. Make the Kidney 6 seconds, and trap CD 18 for Survival, and that would fix a ton of problems in arenas currently. Issues like damage and such are hard to judge until everyone is full geared, some classes scale a lot better than others, so we'll need to wait a couple more weeks until that's all figured out.
    Ret has always been a scrub-killing spec, due to its straight-forward play-style and strong burst. Because of this, every time the spec is in a good place everyone who has no clue what they are doing starts screaming nerf. Seriously, all you have to do is survive 20 seconds of burst every 2 minutes, practically any 2 defensive cds your team has will do the trick, not to mention cc and kiting.