Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

PVP 2set bonus for PVE

Have the numbers on this already been crunched? I was just examining some logs tonight and saw this proc and I was completely unaware it worked in pve.

While the proc is nice, I personally would rather get more static stats from heroic/mythic gear pieces rather then having to roll around to get a cost reduction on my jab in a PvE environment. Plus, I like to have my rolls available so I can dodge stuff or keep up with a boss/add.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is quite a lot of movement in all fights, save for maybe butcher. I would like to see stats vs. energy gained comparison, if anyone has it.

If celerity is taken, that is ~270 energy gained and 18 chi every 45 seconds (I'm simplifying the math). +9 jabs a min, and 4 extra chi ex + 1 RSK or 9 BoK. Then we add in the additional amount of TeB generated... I'm not sure what amount of gain of stats is worth replacing that. Of course, there is a certain amount of AA lost, but I presume is is almost negligible.

It can't be better to get 2set PvP than 4set PvE, can it? The 4set t17 is so strong =/

Deleted
    2-set pvp is pretty big imo, I'd strongly advice to get it. Head has Haste+Multistrike and Legs have Haste+Mastery and since the only legs that drop in the instance are from Mar'gok, u probably don't have those mythic anyways.
    It's extremly strong on fights where u use ascension+chiex (Bracken, Twins, Tectus). All of those have base movement to some extent + hitboxes on twins and bracken are pretty big anyways so it's not like u'll roll and have to run back to hit them.
    Just make sure you don't have any Chi when you do roll so that you can get 3jabs for the energy cost of 1 without wasting any Chi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceridwyn View Post
    It can't be better to get 2set PvP than 4set PvE, can it? The 4set t17 is so strong =/
    Nobody can get that right now. You can however get the 2 set pvp 660 very easily.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Nobody can get that right now. You can however get the 2 set pvp 660 very easily.
    I thought OP was talking eventual BiS in this tier of content.

Define 'very easily.' I both hate and am terrible at PvP -- on top of WW being basically unplayable in PvP. I currently have 655s, but my guild is 6/7 heroic, so I'll be looking at 670s over the next couple of weeks. Is the bonus worth enough to justify using it over 2x 670?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go as far to say it's a necessity at this point (without t17 gear,) on any fights that you'd use Ascension/CheX - Tectus, Twins, Brack, Imperator if you do adds. Pretty easy to get and it's 660, so not too far off from heroic stuff.
    With Celerity talented you've got yourself 6 Chi for the price of 2 every 15 sec. Just jump before you Roll so you don't go very far.
    Last edited by Lumiair; 2014-12-29 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Stuff

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunasta View Post
    Just jump before you Roll so you don't go very far.
    #Protip

Thanks!

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the suggestion Luna. Ranked last night utilizing this. I highly recommend everyone to get it.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...t1cG#boss=1720

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh good, and grats on that!

Piggybacking on the thread, What do people think of the brewmaster PVP 4 set? Would this work in a raid because being able to put 300k+ shields on 2 other melee or offtank with guard every 15 seconds seems pretty OP.

I use the WW set bonus for every fight and I do pretty good all around.

warcraftlogs . com/rankings/report/2BraxAQDMLHYPqhT#boss=0

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't something I would go around recommending as it can easily be screwed up and become a detriment by 99.9% of players. I can't speak to the numbers of whether it is an improvement or not, I can certainly see it having its uses, but its a risk/reward gamble that I believe most players wouldnt see a benefit from due to being unable to use it appropriately.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

You're right, jumping and rolling at the same time is too difficult by all except the most skilled monks. Sorry for even trying to help anyone.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRowan View Post
    You're right, jumping and rolling at the same time is too difficult by all except the most skilled monks. Sorry for even trying to help anyone.
    I never said it may not be an improvement or that it wouldn't help, no need to get defensive. However it's pretty far down the list of things to do to improve your DPS, that's what I meant. Would I tell someone it can improve DPS? Yes, assuming it does. Will I tell someone they have to? No.

Some players struggle to keep Tiger Power up +90%; adding two button presses, and a potential change in position every 8 seconds, would be too much to ask for too small a gain.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2015-01-01 at 05:06 AM.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

With the amount of chi I can now spend on ChiEx I have an 70-80% uptime on TeB on every fight. I guess you're right about some players struggling to manage their buffs, but this isn't just a small gain.

Do I use roll on CD?

Use when sub 40 energy and less than 4 chi. The goal is to get 3 jabs and 1 RSK/ChiEx (or 2 jabs and 2 4 chi ChiEx if you get combo breaker) in the duration of the buff.

Deleted
    It seems to be anywhere between 10% and 20% dps increase on ChiEx fights, which is quite fucking ridiculous.

Then again we have ret paladins bursting 130k+ because of their PvP set so yeah.