Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    It was fun when it lasted! But we all knew it would go pretty quick. But I would like the ChiEx spec to be like that always.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Goddamnit, now I need to go back to Serenity for Imperator tonight On the bright side, people won't send assassins to kill me IRL when I use the 2P while tanking and slightly mess positioning up. Would be great if they'd actually put stuff like this in the damn hotfix notes, though.
    Using Chi Explosion on Imperator (assuming Mythic) is viable option, even without the 2 pc.

Granted this assumes that your raid does not have things like Enhancement (aka, your AoE/Cleave is actually useful/needed).

Quote Originally Posted by zeeAbe View Post
    Using Chi Explosion on Imperator (assuming Mythic) is viable option, even without the 2 pc.

Granted this assumes that your raid does not have things like Enhancement (aka, your AoE/Cleave is actually useful/needed).
    I accidently used it on a couple of pulls (mind beeing all over the place forgetting to change it) without the 2 set piece and I was still close to the top on everything that mattered, so Im not sure why you would assume u should go aoe mode with it. If warmages fixate and you have an unlucky trap and u cant hit the things in the back, chi exp is so much better than serenity, much easier to play with.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    I accidently used it on a couple of pulls (mind beeing all over the place forgetting to change it) without the 2 set piece and I was still close to the top on everything that mattered, so Im not sure why you would assume u should go aoe mode with it. If warmages fixate and you have an unlucky trap and u cant hit the things in the back, chi exp is so much better than serenity, much easier to play with.
    You are close to the top if it is needed just like I said.

However like I also said, if your guild already has the AoE/Cleave covered by other classes, you are most likely wanted to be doing single target burning through Serenity + Xuen. See kill from Paragon for example. Because the only way to compete for single target damage with ChiEx against Serenity was with PvP piece. This can even be seen in the handful of public logs available. Combine this with the fact that you can do rather competent DPS against add clusters with Spinning Crane Kick too.

Quote Originally Posted by zeeAbe View Post
    You are close to the top if it is needed just like I said.

However like I also said, if your guild already has the AoE/Cleave covered by other classes, you are most likely wanted to be doing single target burning through Serenity + Xuen. See kill from Paragon for example. Because the only way to compete for single target damage with ChiEx against Serenity was with PvP piece. This can even be seen in the handful of public logs available. Combine this with the fact that you can do rather competent DPS against add clusters with Spinning Crane Kick too.
    What are you on about? I was saying that I was doing competetive ST dps with chiexp just like I do when I play serenity, WITHOUT THE PVP BONUS. And I dont know how you do the fight, and Im not sure which aoe adds you mean that you want to use chiexp on to kill. But almost all classes are better at doing this so if you put I ww monk on aoe duty I donno wtf you are thinking. Also I would never use spinning crane kick , since 99% of the monks jobs are specific add targeting dps (target swapping, TOD etc), because that's what we really excel at, along with cleave.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Dammit I just got my 2 pc yesterday and I didn't go try it out. /sigh

I agree entirely that CX is viable for imperator ST due to it being a rather high movement fight. If course specific strat can always lend itself one way or the other. Large scale monk AoE is also behind I believe in large part because of low haste and RJW is a haste hungry beast.

The RJW and CX negative relationship is something I hope Blizzard addresses.
    :-|

i am 100% sure blizzard change person wh balance monks in late beta. 1st person was good. he give us nice aoe by chiexplosion. he give us nice st. he give us nice pvp set and nice pve set. then blizzard employ some random moron and we have chiex nerf to the ground on beta. 7+ raw nerfs. pvp set nerf. and really next will be pve set nerf. now we have 10k+ dps margin with top dps classes in 695ilvl gear and worst scaling over all classes because of mastery. thank you that blizzard moron who kill well tuned class just for fun.

Infracted
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2015-01-14 at 02:23 AM. Reason: removed hateful language