Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    it was probably just the method of release, they released it online, so any idiot could rip the thing and reupload it, if its in a cinema first you go through a phase of cams and then you might get a telesync, ppl won't watch the crappy versions but if there is a pristine version of it then its a field day.

    also 'a large some of ppl are just cheapskates' generalization, what if i said 'a large sum of ppl simple don't have any money'

    its probably a mixture of cheapskates and the poor. wasn't it crap movie anyway?
    Last edited by Heathy; 2014-12-29 at 06:29 PM. Reason: dunno wut happen thar

  2. #22
    Sometimes I wonder if the people that are against pirating/downloading actually think everyone does it 'cuz moneyz'....

    Honestly, I download 90% of the tv shows I watch for example. Not because I don't want to pay for it, but because I -can't- watch them on the proper tv channels we have in Europe (as most TV shows are released US only at first, and only much later in Europe if at all).

    And to the poster a few posts above me: Yes, I actually started to download a lot LESS since Netflix became available here. Can't speak for others of course, but I'll gladly pay the 8 euro every month considering how much stuff I watch on it.

  3. #23
    Ojou-sama Medusa Cascade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kawasaki City
    Posts
    4,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if the people that are against pirating/downloading actually think everyone does it 'cuz moneyz'....

    Honestly, I download 90% of the tv shows I watch for example. Not because I don't want to pay for it, but because I -can't- watch them on the proper tv channels we have in Europe (as most TV shows are released US only at first, and only much later in Europe if at all).

    And to the poster a few posts above me: Yes, I actually started to download a lot LESS since Netflix became available here. Can't speak for others of course, but I'll gladly pay the 8 euro every month considering how much stuff I watch on it.
    Yeah Netflix has reduced my pirating too.

  4. #24
    I think more films should be released online. Sure it hurts theaters but it's kind of a dated idea.

  5. #25
    The Insane Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    18,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    This. Do people not remember what Steam did for gaming? It seems like the OP is living in a state of willed ignorance. Educate yourself at least a bit before you go creating posts on the subject.

    What did steam do for gaming? care to show a link stating how much steam has cut piracy? Have fun searching.

  6. #26
    Who wanted to watch the piece of shit after that pathetic marketing campaign anyways ?

  7. #27
    The Insane Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    18,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    it was probably just the method of release, they released it online, so any idiot could rip the thing and reupload it, if its in a cinema first you go through a phase of cams and then you might get a telesync, ppl won't watch the crappy versions but if there is a pristine version of it then its a field day.

    also 'a large some of ppl are just cheapskates' generalization, what if i said 'a large sum of ppl simple don't have any money'

    its probably a mixture of cheapskates and the poor. wasn't it crap movie anyway?

    Not sure why that matters. What gives them the right to something if they can't pay for it?

  8. #28
    Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    409
    I keep telling my dad to tell his brother to watch The Interview on YouTube instead of getting the torrent from who knows where; he keeps winding up with porn.

  9. #29
    Good movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

  10. #30
    Ojou-sama Medusa Cascade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kawasaki City
    Posts
    4,042
    It probably wouldn't have been pirated as much if it was released worldwide.

  11. #31
    The Undying Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    31,514
    200k downloads?

    Try over 1.5 mio, then you hit the mark better.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The question is whether or not they would have paid for it if they couldn't pirate it, not whether they only pirate because it's too inconvenient to purchase.
    EA has prooven that the availability of something for free does NOT affect the sales of it.

  13. #33
    Elemental Lord Rixis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    8,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Movies and tv shows are getting easier and easier to watch via hulu, netflix and other such services.

    Has pirating gone down any?
    The Interview was released exclusive to the US. Do the statistics reflect such?

  14. #34
    Herald of the Titans Xisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The question is whether or not they would have paid for it if they couldn't pirate it, not whether they only pirate because it's too inconvenient to purchase.
    We need a heatmap to see the download locations, but at least if you lived in the US, there were a number of very, very easy solutions to watch it legally.

    You're applying the very argument I listed up there, and as of right now, that argument has been debunked.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

  15. #35
    The Undying Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    31,514
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes said 54% which is pretty bad.

    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_interview_2014/
    54% is actually pretty damn good, I'd say it's overrated if anything. I watch so many more movies with lower than 50% rating, 50%+ on rotten tomatoes I will watch without second thought.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Not sure why that matters. What gives them the right to something if they can't pay for it?
    i didn't say anything about rights or entitlement you brought that into it.

    where did i mention anything about 'these ppl are totally entitled to pirate anything they like whenever they want, totally in the RIGHT' i didn't

    my morality is firmly in the middle if you can't afford it, what you do is up to you, if you can, knock yourself out.

    as far an opinion on whether the movie is good or not, i wouldn't pay for something that i don't like. so. yeah.

  18. #38
    You can watch it free on youtube. Why would anyone pirate it?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Movies and tv shows are getting easier and easier to watch via hulu, netflix and other such services.

    Has pirating gone down any?
    As a Cord Cutter for 5+ years, while Hulu is great for current BROADCAST TV shows, and Netflix/Amazon are great for older TV shows, the vast majority of the "prime" TV shows which are on HBO, ShowTime, etc. aren't available until years after they aired. So I would say that no piracy hasn't gone down that much (as I can't imagine people are going out of their way to pirate broadcast tv shows)

  20. #40
    The Undying Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    31,514
    That movie was crap.... a handful of laughs in it, with the best joke (the Eminem interview) in the very beginning.

    If there would not have been such a fuzz around it, this movie would have been forgotten again very fast.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •