Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    That's a terrible movie anyway, so it deserves to be pirated. Making such crap shouldn't be profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    There are reasons those things have exceptions (fair use). Pirating "The Interview" to watch it has nothing to do with creators or nurturing creativity. All these people in this thread aren't pirating content to create new content, they're pirating content because they feel entitled to watch free movies, or play free video games.
    Sure. The question is why should the state care.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    There are reasons those things have exceptions (fair use). Pirating "The Interview" to watch it has nothing to do with creators or nurturing creativity. All these people in this thread aren't pirating content to create new content, they're pirating content because they feel entitled to watch free movies, or play free video games.
    Entitlement doesn't really have anything to do with it in a lot of cases. Such as when one lacks monetary funds, or the content not being available in your country.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    This is pretty solid proof as to why they exist: A large sum of people are just cheap assholes, and would rather steal something than pay for it.

You had your chance to make something special of this, Internet, and you fucked it up.

Have you not been paying attention? That movie is for the moment ONLY available in Canada and USA.

I'm gladly admitting that I turned to other sources since I don't live in either of them.

When the movie is released globally, I'll happily pay what I owe them, it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    It's pointless to discuss the morality of it as morals are a subjective thing.
    Just like laws... so I guess its pointless to discuss anything?>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    If the view is, "I wasn't going to pay for it anyway"

Why not say that about everything and anything. I mean, I hate paying for things. If the entire world had that view, it would be chaos.
    No, the argument is that "you are stealing" when you pirate, implying that you've taken something from film producers.. but if someone weren't going to buy it anyway, how is that stealing?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Just like laws... so I guess its pointless to discuss anything?>

Since when are laws subjective?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since the times people became involved in their creation.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Since the times people became involved in their creation.

Please explain how they are subjective then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Do you not know what the purpose of the supreme court is? Knowing would basically answer that question.

Is the supreme court everyone? If my view is separate from the supreme court who is right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Why not say that about everything and anything.
    Because most things have a finite material value or physical limitation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please explain how they are subjective then.
    In every way. Their foundation is subjective.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Thats not what you asked.

Do you know what subjective means?

Since always.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know what subjective means?
    Are you sure that you know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    In every way. Their foundation is subjective.

This isn't an explanation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Since always.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure that you know?

Yes I do.

based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

So care to answer the question. If my view of a law and the Supreme courts view of a law are different who it right?

So care to answer the question. If my view of a law and the Supreme courts view of a law are different who it right?
    QED. Huge cop-out and effectively just an appeal to authority.

I don;t think you understand subjectivism. Though I get that you can post links and definitions of the word.
    Last edited by Self Inflicted Wounds; 2014-12-30 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is. I don't know how to explain it in any simpler way.

One simple reason for me pirating the movie; it was region locked. If they would have released it in the rest of the world at the same time I would have happily paid for it. But no there's always gotta be that bullshit that new movies get released first in the US for some stupid reason. Do these companies actually realize how much of their profits come from other countries?

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    We don't' have a final way to look at it until we get a heatmap of the downloads, but all in all, this just makes me think that DRM and Theater releases aren't going anywhere. This is pretty solid proof as to why they exist: A large sum of people are just cheap assholes, and would rather steal something than pay for it.

You had your chance to make something special of this, Internet, and you fucked it up.
    Remember when nintendo games were $85 and it turned out they sucked? Most movies aren't worth their prices or people can't afford them.

People make laws. People are subjective. So laws are also subjective, is their point.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>