Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I gladly paid the rental fee on the Xbox.

That movie was worth it and more, easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    People weigh the pros and cons of every decision they make. Piracy has very few repercussions compared to other crimes. As it's difficult to police and there isn't as huge a stigma against it as opposed to traditional stealing, the best solution currently is to offer a more convenient and legal option, such as Spotify or Netflix. Most people would choose the instant gratification of those mediums as opposed to a long download.

Deleted
    They made a whole PR stunt that it wouldn't be available world wide...so of course people downloaded it (myself included)
    The issues are release times though... It generally takes 1-3 months for top movies to come out on streaming services, netflix, hula, viaplay, PS store etc etc...
    Ain't nobody got time to wait 3 months to rent a movie I could just download for free ? Makes no sense...
    Make the content available to buy and I'll buy it...if you dont, I wont. Very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    The article in question, from Torrentfreak.

The numbers since this original release have actually unbalanced themselves even further.

Why is this, do you think? The eternal argument against Piracy is "Whatever is wanted to steal is too inconvenient to obtain otherwise", yet the rate of Piracy versus legitimate viewership of this movie seems to suggest that's a bit of a false argument.

We don't' have a final way to look at it until we get a heatmap of the downloads, but all in all, this just makes me think that DRM and Theater releases aren't going anywhere. This is pretty solid proof as to why they exist: A large sum of people are just cheap assholes, and would rather steal something than pay for it.

You had your chance to make something special of this, Internet, and you fucked it up.
    Majority of people who torrent it weren't going to buy it anyways so ....

So old that I had to google the movie for I didn't remember it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC it was released on Crackle, right? A free service? Why pirate what's free?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    a false argument
    The only false argument that I can think of when it comes to filesharing that is repeated by ignoramuses time and again is that if people didn't have access to warez versions of products, they would, with a 100% certainty, buy all said products. All the anti-filesharing statistics, all the statistics and arguments used in any legal case against filesharers ever, hang on that completely fallacious and asinine conclusion.

Talk about a false argument.

I have no desire to watch that movie, rented or otherwise. But this is definitely not compelling statistical data on its own. If you're going to make an argument against piracy, use a meta-data analysis, not a this-one-shitty-movie analysis.

I am happy to watch movies via legal means if they're willing to distribute them via a reasonable model.

I actually fucking hate having to resort to torrenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes said 54% which is pretty bad.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_interview_2014/
    I haven't seen the film, but review site ratings mean little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The question is whether or not they would have paid for it if they couldn't pirate it, not whether they only pirate because it's too inconvenient to purchase.
    Pretty much this. Piraters aren’t going to pay full price for this crap. I barely justify paying full price for good games and movies, so no way in hell will i do it for a crap or even okay movie.

Deleted
    Whether or not I would be paying the TV tax, which all Finns are forced to do, the creators of TV shows and movies wouldn't get a single cent more. First of all they've already been paid, and it's the publishing companies that are raking in the revenue, and secondly, I personally don't give two shits about what other people do - what I do doesn't change what a single other person does - and as such I'm only interested in what impact my own personal actions have on the people who make the products. I leave the completely pointless "whatifsming" to the people who have a need to cling to those kinds of fantasies.

Having said that, I'm paying a yearly tax to gain access to TV shows and movies from the Finnish TV channels, which I do not watch. I am owed TV shows and movies, so even if I did resort to filesharing to watch a show or a movie, I'd sleep like a baby. As said, I've already paid my fair share, and the actual creators of those works do not get a single cent more regardless of whether I exist or not.

But hey, "what if..." "what if..."