Deleted

Glyph: The Solstice

So now that the obvious use has been fixed (making it trigger NV ;D) - what's the point of this glyph? I'll make this a two part question, as it changes two spells:

Starfall/Sunfall
    Actually, what does it even do to Starfall? I'm mainly asking for RBG reasons, but at this point any input is good.

According to tooltip:
    - changes damage school from arcane to nature
    - caps at 2 targets

According to my testing:
    - changes scaling with eclipse to scale with the solar eclipse damage bonus (as expected)
    - /edit: it does not seem to actually have a 2-target cap
    - it used to be considered a single target spell, thus triggering NV -fixed-

Questions:
    - is it for RP reasons? I'M A HAPPY SUNKIN DERP DERP

Hurricane/Astral Storm
    It seemingly changes the damage school to arcane and significantly lowers the damage. Wait what?
    Looking at Astral Storm's tooltip, which is outdated even considering the usual tooltip standards, and the temporary abusable NV interaction, I'm inclined to believe this whole everything is a huge oversight and has no actual concept.
    Last edited by mmocb77704d67b; 2014-12-29 at 10:00 PM.

i assumed it was purely cosmetic

Deleted
    The uses for this glyph is pretty limited, might find some usage in PvE if there happen to be adds that are usually up when you're at the solar side as opposed to lunar, but that's probably about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    i assumed it was purely cosmetic
    It's not, it changes the damage schools.

But do you nerf yourself by using it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    But do you nerf yourself by using it?
    It just means ALL your aoe is in solar. (aka starfall deals nature damage not arcane damage, so it is stronger solar side). It's only real use is combined with Euphoria and Glyph of guided stars. When starfall only hits targets effected by your dots, you want either euphoria or AC to solar, spread sunfire then starfall. If this is the case, you may aswell have sunfall as it'll deal more burst damage; the only real use for this is Challengemodes.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Well with Euphoria the use for this glyph is highly cosmetical, barring the fact that a lot of AoE situations line up with solar eclipse, as the eclipse juggles so quickly.
    You might gain a slight dps increase as preferring SF over SS rewards slightly more dps in Solar than in lunar, if both are in favourable eclipses, but this is my personal finding and not based on any statistically proven fact.

However when you are not using euphoria this glyph goes far beyond that of a cosmetic effect into a solid dps increase, as you get to Sunfire the adds when you are in the appropriate eclipse. Meaning that, A: you deal more damage on short lived adds, B: you deal more damage over the period that the adds are alive if there's more than one. Also worth noting that when you don't use euphoria it's highly more likely to line up your add sunfire with your main target dot refresh.

This is all done assuming that you can juggle with AC to be in the correct eclipse for the AoE, which is the same if you don't use the glyph of solstice.

Hurricane and Starfall switch schools with the glyph. That been said, it's intended as a cosmetic glyph, with some dps implications due to its nature.

Imo it's only useful if you use Guided Stars as well and even then not really necessary. Otherwise it's like placing all your dps-eggs in the same basket. Sunfire spreading and Sunfall in same eclipse? Doesn't sound really clever to me, especially if you are in Lunar without Euphoria.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    It just means ALL your aoe is in solar. (aka starfall deals nature damage not arcane damage, so it is stronger solar side). It's only real use is combined with Euphoria and Glyph of guided stars. When starfall only hits targets effected by your dots, you want either euphoria or AC to solar, spread sunfire then starfall. If this is the case, you may aswell have sunfall as it'll deal more burst damage; the only real use for this is Challengemodes.
    Thanks for all the answers. I'll keep that in mind for when I need guided stars + burst aoe

I will try to use Solstice in RBGs for a bit and see how using SS charges in Lunar for Starsurge + Starfire burst, and in Solar for aoe moonkin love goes.

Is the vendor for this glyph still in Warspear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldehv View Post
    Is the vendor for this glyph still in Warspear?
    yes its the inscription recipe trainer
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee