[MAGE] Frost Mage Swifty ONESHOT macro

Stop talking about how mage frostbolt does no damage etc... check this video and see how you can 1shot with just 1 frostbolt, afterall its all about the skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    Stop talking about how mage frostbolt does no damage etc... check this video and see how you can 1shot with just 1 frostbolt, afterall its all about the skill.
    What 1 shot are you exactly talking about? I went to the toilet, washed my hands and grabbed a coffee before the warrior was dead.

i feel like the video would've had the same effect if it were you making toast with that music playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes... 20K frostbolt is a "one"-shot. The ice lance at the beginning did almost as much damage and didn't take all that buildup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. That's absolutely insane and should definitely be nerfed. Don't forget that the 20k frostbolt isn't the end of it all, oh no, the frost mage mastery also generates an icicle equal to X% of the damage the Frostbolt did so let's say the mage in the video had roughly 30% mastery, he would have created an icicle that would deal a whopping 6000 damage. Now imagine the mage managed to cast another 4 frostbolts equalling the same 20k crits, he'd have created 5 icicles each dealing 6000 damage thus dealing an extra 30k damage.

Don't worry OP, I'm already on it and will complain about this on the official forums. This will definitely get nerfed in the next patch.

people not noticing the sarcasm in the thread lol

Well blizzard did warn us that casting would be rewarding again. Also, that warrior was pretty good but probably could've played a little better. I think if you fought the real swifty you'd have to rely on ice lance a lot more so it's balanced.

Why does frostbolt do so much damage AND snare? It's ridiculous, surely it's because ghostc... holinka plays a frost mage. Or kalgan. Or kalgan's girlfriend.

Deleted
    Did the sarcasm of the OP fly over everyones head or what? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    people not noticing the sarcasm in the thread lol

i dont even pvp anymore on mage, 2600 rated mages last season cant break 2100 rating. you have to have a really patient friends to even play mage in arena, certainly wont find any good players to play with you from trade chat.

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Did the sarcasm of the OP fly over everyones head or what? :P

my favorite part is when the warrior runs into the rof to help the mage damage him

Deleted
    this is probly sarcasm.. mage has no place in 3v3 right now, unless you are some kind of mage god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    i dont even pvp anymore on mage, 2600 rated mages last season cant break 2100 rating. you have to have a really patient friends to even play mage in arena, certainly wont find any good players to play with you from trade chat.
    That is more a caster vs melee (hunter) issue than a specific mage issue. If you take a look at the top 1000 arena spots (roughly 2.3k+) you will see plenty more mages (slightly behind warlocks) than boomkins, eles and shadow priests. That being said, I haven't even levelled my mages this expansion because they were so bloody boring/dull on the ptr.