Deleted

Need some help with Shadow.

Hi.
    So I started to play Shadow priest in the start of this expansion.

I have healed for the past like 3 raids due to lack of healer, but yesterday I went dps agan, and I felt my dps WAS LOW AF.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...8z/details/20/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...tc8z/rankinfo/

Logs for 5 bosses hc and 1m (forgot to log kar'gath and butcher hc)

For my gear, I think I am supposed to do more than 22.4k vs Ko'ragh.
    I think I had like ~26k against butcher and kar'gath hc. But I feel like that's kinda low also.

Also, dmg by spell. Is it supposed to be

1. Mind Blast
    2. Mind Spike
    3. Instanity
    4. Devouring Plague?

I do DoT weaving, any help is greatful.
    Armory in sig for gear.

According to sim, dps vs patchwerk style : 28233.8
    Last edited by mmoc87e2fb35a3; 2015-01-02 at 05:47 PM.

Any way you can upload to warcraftlogs instead?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Any way you can upload to warcraftlogs instead?
    Yeah, it's not me taking the logs. I think warcraftlogs are better. I can take them next wednesday at next raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillo View Post
    Yeah, it's not me taking the logs. I think warcraftlogs are better. I can take them next wednesday at next raid.
    Thanks, maybe someone else can help you out for now, but worldoflogs counts multistrike hits as regular hits so it's hard to figure out your cast priority without resorting to just looking at each individual cast in the log which will take forever

THe numbers look alright, I think you might be worrying a bit over nothing. Great progress so far, good luck to ya in the future.
    Happy new year to all, and to all a good night!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Coward View Post
    THe numbers look alright, I think you might be worrying a bit over nothing. Great progress so far, good luck to ya in the future.
    I'm absolutely horrible at analyzing logs, sadly, so I cannot help OP too much, but I wouldn't say that the numbers are looking alright. I think he is 3-6k dps under what he could be doing with that gear level. I have the exact same ilvl as him, and I'm consistantly 5k over him on most encounters. I'm not trying to come off as cocky. I'm just saying that there is def. room for improving which he already diagnosed himself.

I wish I could provide you with some help in regards to whether or not you are executing everything properly, but I can't. I can, however, say that you should pre-pot. You are only using one potion per fight which is a dps-loss! Also, I think you could do with shielding yourself a bit more. Reflective shield will give you a ton of damage if you learn how to use it properly.

Anyway, I hope someone more competent in the ways of logs can help you a bit!

i looked at your logs and honestly i cant see anything youre doing wrong. i think some people find clipping your insanity for MB is better dps but they it screws alittle with the dot timing. might be something to try out. i know what i try doing just for an added bonus is switching target when its at 35% just to get the twist of fate buff with my dps on another target. but this isnt something that is easy to do. so maybe try doing that.

- - - Updated - - -

ok i just did the clipping vs the non clipping. the normal DoT weaving method. and it seems that clipping my mind blast drops my dps by 3k. so make sure you are just sticking to the rotation as intended and mind blasting no more than once when dots are up for your 3rd orb DP phase.

Deleted
    So I took a look at my logs again, and I was like hmm.... Buffs gained and buffs cast. Shadowform not a single time. Can it really be that I "forgot" to fucking use it? I mean, it is 25% dmg loss if so.

And if you look at this.

You see how low the average hits is (not including crits)
    Mind blast 19k?

E: just tested, unbuffed mind blast does ~~16k(No shadowform), so with buffs it could very well be 19k average without Shadowform.
    Last edited by mmoc87e2fb35a3; 2015-01-06 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillo View Post
    So I took a look at my logs again, and I was like hmm.... Buffs gained and buffs cast. Shadowform not a single time. Can it really be that I "forgot" to fucking use it? I mean, it is 25% dmg loss if so.

And if you look at this.

You see how low the average hits is (not including crits)
    Mind blast 19k?

E: just tested, unbuffed mind blast does ~~16k(No shadowform), so with buffs it could very well be 19k average without Shadowform.
    This is one reason when I'm not in Shadow Form my spells are not even on my bars. So I know when I'm not in form. Plenty of times after a wipe or doing something it comes to our countdown and I just hit shadowform as we start the countdown

Quote Originally Posted by LL Hand J View Post
    This is one reason when I'm not in Shadow Form my spells are not even on my bars. So I know when I'm not in form. Plenty of times after a wipe or doing something it comes to our countdown and I just hit shadowform as we start the countdown
    O god this has happened so much to me in the past when i just started playing shadow :P

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

I swear to god I had no idea you could even use shadow spells when not in shadowform.... LOL. For as long as I've played the class I've only ever had a few spells on my non-shadowform bar - flash heal, etc.

Deleted
    I guess it was that, had 29k against Butcher hc today. Just forgot shadow form last week lol.

Thats a mistake you only make once