Thread: Small Buildings

Small Buildings

I am curious, what small buildings do you use in your garrison and why?

Deleted
    Storehouse, bank storage is always handy
    Salvage yard, well because it literally is the best of the small
    Profession building for whatever alt has that profession, tho dropped my alchemists building for enchant so I can DE since the catalysts are worthless with how cheap flasks are and the lack of upgradeables via alchemy

salvage yard and whatever professions you have.

why shouldnt have to be expained. sorta common sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

The very obvious answer is: Salvage yard, Enchanting and 1 of your professions (In my case, tailor on main, scribe on alt)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post

This ^ Not much to small buildings
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want my small buildings to become enclosed at some point! I hate that they are open shacks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post

Why not a Storehouse? I like having bank access in my garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Why not a Storehouse? I like having bank access in my garrison.
    If you really have so much shit that you need bank acess more often than every 15min (hearthstone to shrine anyone??) then i suggest you'd drop any building that you can sell stuff in, and get all that crap out of your bags
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Salvage yard and bank, I rotate tailor and gem buildings to fill work orders in both and if I remember upgrade them to level 2 and equip a follower before looting them.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
    Salvage yard and bank, I rotate tailor and gem buildings to fill work orders in both and if I remember upgrade them to level 2 and equip a follower before looting them.
    That's a colossal waste of resources and time, stop being lazy and take the damn portal to Ashran, it's literally a 30 sec walk from your garrison mission table all the way to the bank in Ashran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salvage - Mandatory
    And two of the following: JC, BS, Eng... whichever you have profs of. Infinite supply of mats from Mine. Sell the weapons/armor even if you don't have the prof yourself.

MAYBE: Tailoring place. Tannery but meh. Use fur on tailoring.

Storehouse? Don't see the point. Already have access to everything it provides.
    Enchanter? Useless. Just borrow someone elses to DE.
    Alchemy? Useless unless you're the guild flask maker (i.e. almost nobody). Barely any recipes, CD used to only make flasks. Potions and Transmutes got the boot this expac.
    Scribe? People still mass produce glyphs? Inscription has been meh outside of cards, and the building can't make those. Useful IF a scribe.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Enchanter useless? Unless you are willing to pay way to much for your enchants. The building workorders give you 1.2 temporal shards a day, worth about 400g on average depending on your realms economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently My set up is JC Building ( I am a JC) Blacksmith - For the follower Buff 4 hours no Durability loss is amazing, and to make weapons for myself, and of course the pretty much mandatory Salvage yard. ( I had considered enchanting building but I am a DK and weapon enchants are the most expensive so I have that class covered. So I figure I can just fork over the gold for the rings etc. enchants.)

as I stated above though I really wish the buildings where small enclosed ones, not open kiosks.

Also if you have a T3 Garrison, there's no reason for the Bank, you have a free portal to Ashran in the Tower by your Mine shaft (Alliance not sure where Horde is.) So the most you have to do is portal to Ashran, and Hearth or fly back.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am currently using Leatherworking (since I got that), Salvage Yard (we all know why) and then Alchemy (because I want to craft my own potions/flasks seeing as we get tons of herbs).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    That's a colossal waste of resources and time, stop being lazy and take the damn portal to Ashran, it's literally a 30 sec walk from your garrison mission table all the way to the bank in Ashran.
    People are drowning in resources and work orders don´t get cancelled if you remove the building. Also what takes more time, walking every time up the tower to get to ashran, to the building and then back to your garrison or a mouseclick to build a new building? You know you don´t have to wait the full 60minutes next to the buildings in progress, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post

I currently have 8703 garrison resources and that's after switching out tailor back to gem, upgrading gem building to level 2, to see if adding a follower would give me work order bonuses ( it doesn't ) and then switching back to tailor building, so all in all I spend around 1200 resources but I make that back in around a day and I switch the buildings maybe two or three times a week.

On top of that I switch the barn with the inn and back to barn again every week simply to recruit a new follower.

Actually just looking at it I was capped on resources before I switched them out so its actually more of a waste of resources to not switch around buildings.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2015-01-03 at 04:17 AM.

2 profession buildings and one salvage yard on all my character, because logic.

Deleted
    Yeah resources spending isn't an issue once u have the buildings u want, I have to random buy trading post items to stop being capped.
    And professins building swapping is a good idea since the work orders still carry on even if u swap out