Primal Gladiator Legs vs. Tectus Legs for Arms/Fury

Was wondering which would be better? The PVP legs are 660 but have multi/crit, while the other is 670 but has mastery/haste. Would the extra 20 str from the heroic legs make up for it?

I would definitely reccomend the conquest legs for Fury, but I can't say about Arms.

The pvp legs are without a doubt better than 670 legs from Tectus. Same goes with the helm from Kargath.
    Dasima - Midwinter
    twitch.tv/dasimah

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dasima View Post
    The pvp legs are without a doubt better than 670 legs from Tectus. Same goes with the helm from Kargath.
    Tectus's legs are better for me than the pvp ones, so it's not "without a doubt"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dasima View Post
    a lot of people are making these assumptions, but WoD is not MoP or any previous expansions, strength is worth a lot more now than it used to be in comparison to crit, as are other secondary stats. the answer is to sim, every single time. it's tedious, but the answer is there.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Tectus's legs are better for me than the pvp ones, so it's not "without a doubt"
    What? For either spec the Multi/Crit 660s are indefinitely better than the Tectus legs until Mythic...

Curious as to what makes you the stat priority exception. You're actually wearing the 660s..
    Big thanks to Shyama for the sig!

If you are a tank - grind ashran rep and get the 660 mastery/vers legs and the 660 crit/vers bracers. They are better than the 670 equivalent slots from highmaul.

Edit* Didn't read the Arms/Fury title.
    Last edited by PowerGamez; 2015-01-03 at 08:21 AM.

It's probably a safe assumption that until mythic, the pvp legs will be better for both specs yes. However, as has been pointed out, str is worth so much more now that simming it is the best advice.

im gladiator, but for me the pvp legs sim 156 dps higher than the 670 tectus ones.
    28619 vs. 28463 dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AQrunnr View Post
    What? For either spec the Multi/Crit 660s are indefinitely better than the Tectus legs until Mythic...

Curious as to what makes you the stat priority exception. You're actually wearing the 660s..
    These are my stat weights from last time I did them

(242*4.31)+(164*1.97)+(158*2.5)=1761.1
    vs.
    (221*4.31)+(147*2.63)+(147*2.57)=1716.91

The fact that it is really hard to judge nowadays made me turn to addons.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/stat-weight-score or
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/pawn

Both these addons I found to be really helpful when you want to know if an item is worth taking or not. It's not 100% accurate, but it's close enough.

Sim and update your stat weights regularly for either addon to be accurate, still beats trying to Sim while loot is being handed out

Quote Originally Posted by AQrunnr View Post

This isn't true at all. Plenty of pieces will sim higher simply because of the extra strength. Also, when you start to get a good amount of crit, you'll see mastery/multistrike close the crit gap very quickly as is the case with the dude a couple posts above me that posted his simcraft. The 10 ilevels worth of str and secondaries isn't really worth in a lot of cases, but it's still going to be on an individual by individual basis.

Like someone else said, this isn't MoP where it's always crit or nothing--STR is weighted way up there and the other secondaries are actually pretty useful.

Don't discount the 2 set bonus. If you can replace one of those garbage haste/versatility pieces that drop in highmaul in addition to the pants, you can get a 50% crit bonus to Shield Slam or Blood Thirst after charge.

I run double time and when the butcher knocks back, I charge, crit shield slam. Then he leaps and I crit charge him again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfingers View Post
    Don't discount the 2 set bonus. If you can replace one of those garbage haste/versatility pieces that drop in highmaul in addition to the pants, you can get a 50% crit bonus to Shield Slam or Blood Thirst after charge.

I run double time and when the butcher knocks back, I charge, crit shield slam. Then he leaps and I crit charge him again.
    Your options there are helm and legs, basically. And the helm is easy to get, since it's off the first boss which most people will have on farm already (even more true for mythic, since a 685 helm>>>>>660 one, regardless of stats).

So the question is "are a loss of 20 item levels for an anemic 2p and better stats worth it."

In most cases no. BT already has a fairly high crit chance (I had 75% BT crits against M:Koragh last night) so that means that functionally only 1/4 of those extra charge BT crits will benefit from the 2p. Let's say it's 50% BT crits just for Shits n Giggles. Even than, and assuming you get 4 charges, you're only getting 2 extra BT crits a fight. Heck even 4-6 wouldn't do that much honestly.

Sure it *could* make the difference if the pieces were neck in neck, but honestly in most cases it won't be worth going for, just a nice perk if it happens.

Deleted
    Bis legs /chest / helm until 6/7 mythic are crafts of the savage stage 3/3