Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    BH x2 H x1 has actually a higher HPM and HPS rating compared to 3x Renew. This is not even factoring mastery at all.
    And how much more mana is actually saved versus using those Serendipity stacks on PoH rather than Heal?

Heal with 2 Serendipity stacks is better than Renew, hands down, in terms of both HPET and HPM. This is not even counting a fight where specific targets dip due to Arcane Wrath and you don't have the luxury of letting Renew tick slowly away when they can die to the next damaging mechanic in line.
    Let me repeat again that Renew CoH is not the only viable holy priest playstyle.
    Sorry, just to be clear, are you merely saying that OP's entire binding-heal-heavy rotation is viable on Mar'Gok, or are you saying it's superior? I generally switch to Disc for Mar'Gok, but I didn't think most people would be leaning any harder on binding heal than they usually do (which is very little, in my experience).

Quote Originally Posted by Necessarily View Post
    Sorry, just to be clear, are you merely saying that OP's entire binding-heal-heavy rotation is viable on Mar'Gok, or are you saying it's superior? I generally switch to Disc for Mar'Gok, but I didn't think most people would be leaning any harder on binding heal than they usually do (which is very little, in my experience).
    Renew CoH is easier to use, but Binding Heal x2 -> PoH or Binding Heal x2 -> Heal has a better payoff per mana spent and per cast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ceddya View Post
    And how much more mana is actually saved versus using those Serendipity stacks on PoH rather than Heal?
    PoH won't necessarily be a good spell to cast everytime you are sitting on 2 Serendipity stacks no matter how much more mana you are saving compared to casting Heal. I am not saying to not use PoH at all, in case you didn't realize, I was supporting the case of the number of Heal casts in the log.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2015-01-03 at 07:23 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Renew CoH is easier to use, but Binding Heal x2 -> PoH or Binding Heal x2 -> Heal has a better payoff per mana spent and per cast.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

PoH won't necessarily be a good spell to cast everytime you are sitting on 2 Serendipity stacks no matter how much more mana you are saving compared to casting Heal. I am not saying to not use PoH at all, in case you didn't realize, I was supporting the case of the number of Heal casts in the log.
    I'm also not saying that Heal isn't worth casting, but the times where BH works well on Mar'gok tend to be when there's raid damage. With a BHx2->PoH combo being marginally higher HPM and much higher HPET than a BHx2->Heal combo, there's no reason to be using those Serendipity stacks generated by BH on Heal given the nature of Mar'gok encounter.

I'm also not saying that Heal isn't worth casting, but the times where BH works well on Mar'gok tend to be when there's raid damage. With a BHx2->PoH combo being marginally higher HPM and much higher HPET than a BHx2->Heal combo, there's no reason to be using those Serendipity stacks generated by BH on Heal given the nature of Mar'gok encounter.
    I would cast BH whether or not there is raid damage just to refresh Renew on the tank anyway to save Serenity and PW:S CDs for the raid. This means I have a lot of wasted Serendipity stacks which are sitting there looking pretty which I can instead dump it on Heal as a mana neutral cast + Renew refresh in between AoE mechanics and still have 2 stacks Serendipity for Force Nova, Aberration and intermission adds.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

I would cast BH whether or not there is raid damage just to refresh Renew on the tank anyway to save Serenity and PW:S CDs for the raid. This means I have a lot of wasted Serendipity stacks which are sitting there looking pretty which I can instead dump it on Heal as a mana neutral cast + Renew refresh in between AoE mechanics and still have 2 stacks Serendipity for Force Nova, Aberration and intermission adds.
    When would you be in Serenity over Sanctuary after the first intermission though?

When would you be in Serenity over Sanctuary after the first intermission though?
    When I don't have a disc priest stopping the people soaking Fortified and Replicating Arcane Wrath(improperly in most cases, to be fair) from exploding the moment triple Force Nova lines up with it.

When I don't have a disc priest stopping the people soaking Fortified and Replicating Arcane Wrath(improperly in most cases, to be fair) from exploding the moment triple Force Nova lines up with it.
    Then that's unfortunately a function of poor execution from your raid members!

Then that's unfortunately a function of poor execution from your raid members!
    Well, isn't that exactly what is happening in said logs though? Lots of Arcane Wrath deaths lined up with Fortified Aberrations and Force Novas, no disc priests to boot.

I don't disagree that the execution could use some cleaning up, but certainly there's still something to be said about the holy priest here taking steps to cushion the execution shortfall.

Well, isn't that exactly what is happening in said logs though? Lots of Arcane Wrath deaths lined up with Fortified Aberrations and Force Novas, no disc priests to boot.
    Which is why I said he should be triaging more with PW:S.

If you look at the deaths though, you also have just as many deaths to raid damage. Using Serendipity on PoH would seem better for that.
    Last edited by ceddya; 2015-01-03 at 07:53 PM.

Which is why I said he should be triaging more with PW:S.

If you look at the deaths though, you also have just as many deaths to raid damage. Using Serendipity on PoH would seem better for that.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...y7#type=deaths

Both Arcane Wrath deaths were less than 6 seconds apart for PW:S to finish cooling down.

All the deaths immediately after were due to calling a wipe(or at least, I hope since the warrior stepped on 3 mines in a row).

I don't disagree with the PW:S triage portion though, people think it's a lot weaker than it really is - when it shields for 30% more than what Renew would heal.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2015-01-03 at 07:56 PM.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...y7#type=deaths

Both Arcane Wrath deaths were less than 6 seconds apart for PW:S to finish cooling down.

All the deaths immediately after were due to calling a wipe(or at least, I hope since the warrior stepped on 3 mines in a row).
    And neither of which had any HoTs, PW:S or BHs targeted at them. How would the Serendipityx2 Heal or Serenity solve that issue?

And neither of which had any HoTs, PW:S or BHs targeted at them. How would the Serendipityx2 Heal or Serenity solve that issue?
    How would deaths to lack of triage healing not benefit from single-target healing? I think you essentially addressed your concern directly after raising it.

How would deaths to lack of triage healing not benefit from single-target healing? I think you essentially addressed your concern directly after raising it.
    The point is that having these extra tools for triage is not going to make a meaningful difference if your other available triage tools aren't being used in the first place.

Alright Ill work on renew. Do I only use it when people have damage or just apply to everyone when i have the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Euphemia-uck View Post
    Alright Ill work on renew. Do I only use it when people have damage or just apply to everyone when i have the time?
    When people have damage, don't be too aggressive with its usage because you definitely want mana for the last phase.

You might also want to consider not using BH as much for this fight and to start using PW:S more often on those with high stacks of Arcane Wrath (or at least cover them with a Renew).

10+ Year Old Account
    When people have damage, don't be too aggressive with its usage because you definitely want mana for the last phase.

You might also want to consider not using BH as much for this fight and to start using PW:S more often on those with high stacks of Arcane Wrath (or at least cover them with a Renew).
    To add to this, Binding Heal is fine in the final phase when you're pouring the Serendipity stacks into PoH (and you'll need to because of how wild the damage may be at that point). Try to run conservation mode for the first part and break people of exploding the mines (as that will sap your mana like no one's business). Binding Heal is also good if you get fixated during the intermission phase (or is it phase 2? The part with the adds. :-P). You can also encourage your raid members to use their own personal CDs, health tonics/lock stones.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

The point is that having these extra tools for triage is not going to make a meaningful difference if your other available triage tools aren't being used in the first place.
    That would be the advice to give to the OP: use triage tools more often rather than rely on smart heals and raid/group heals to handle singular targets dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Euphemia-uck View Post
    PW:S Renew and Binding Heal -> Heal people taking Arcane Wrath, then CoH + Binding Heal x2 PoH for raid damage in conjunction with Renew for movement.

It would also help if your raid frames are tracking Arcane Wrath debuffs. Many raid frame addons do not track all the different versions by default, refer to this thread for additional details: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t=arcane+wrath
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2015-01-04 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeahmat View Post
    Wrong. PW:S fits in very easily. It's instant, barely costs more than Heal, but absorbs more than heal, well, heals. If glyphed it benefits from mastery (granted, ol slightly) and refreshes renew in Serenity. IF there is no disc priest, you should be using PW:S before heal.
    It absorbs more than what Heal restores as well, it's just more of a WS application clash when a disc priest is in a raid, like you mentioned.