Poll: Would you like blood dps back?

Thread: Blood dps?

Deleted

Blood dps?

HI

I was wondring, do you think BLood dps will ever be back. ?

i Really miss the day when you could be blood dps

Deleted
    It won't be back. Same for 2h Frost.

They failed to balance 2H and DW Frost. They will fail to balance Blood as a Tank and DPS.

Deleted
    Blood dps and Frost tank like in WoTLK. That would be cool, but it's never gonna happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    Blood dps and Frost tank like in WoTLK. That would be cool, but it's never gonna happen.
    If I remember correctly, every DK spec was intended to be able to tank in WotLK.

I could see it if it was something like gladiator stance... same rotation... less self healing... less threat... more DPS. It "could" work.

Deleted
    I Loved blood dps back in WotLK and would play it again in a heartbeat if it came back....But it wont, its to hard to balance 1 spec being both tank and dps, they keep having problems in pvp with blood doing to much dmg while maintaining the survivability of tank.

So while ill love it to return, logically it wont and is gone forever.

Deleted
    Loved it back in WoTLK, but I having played both frost and unholy in their current states I wouldn't trade.

Quote Originally Posted by littleman40 View Post
    If I remember correctly, every DK spec was intended to be able to tank in WotLK.
    That was when they decided a hero class should be different from a normal class in some way. I remember at one point there was talk about players having to "sacrifice" one of their characters coming from a normal class, turning him or her into a Death Knight forever. Fancy idea. Ultimately nothing of that made it into the game since you know balancing. The need to not have a single class that stands out high above all others, to keep all things "fair" for everyone, to make class and role choice relevant. And that is also why we won't see any other double dipping spec that can consistently bring high performance in more than one role at the same time. Sorry.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

I could potentially see them doing a Gladiator stance thing with it, but I don't think it would be particularly engaging. Imo, the rotation might be too simplistic without having to worry about survivability. Plus the whole rationale behind glad stance being a thing is to cater to the "sword-and-board" fantasy of playing a warrior without being forced to tank. DK's already have unholy as their 2h spec. Granted yeah a petless option would be moderately different but, outside of PVP, the ghoul is essentially only a buff you keep up. Plus, I feel like if they added it back in, it would kind of dilute the class.

I'll admit, rolling a bunch of blood DK alts on an alternate server with friends and death gripping like 5 people into a meat grinder of heart strikes and instantly killing them was pretty entertaining.

Deleted
    You remember correctly, it was the presence that allowed to tank, not the spec.
    However if I rememebr it right, frost was the favored tree for tanking at the time, or at least I remember tanking with a lot of talent in that tree.

Every spec COULD tank

IMO even tho 2h frost has been my fav spec since icc came out at this point in time with the sad state of frost and they will never get it right I would rather see a dw frost tank spec high armor / parry bassed(glancing blows type deal)
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    It won't be back. Same for 2h Frost.

They failed to balance 2H and DW Frost. They will fail to balance Blood as a Tank and DPS.
    2h frost should come back as a talent choice. There is no reason why it shouldn't. Warriors can DW 1h and 2h weapons as fury, hell, priests even get a talents that buffs their direct damage spells and lets them get away with not using DoTs at all, completely changing the gameplay. I really don't see why 2h frost would be such a problem. It could easily come back as a level 110 talent. Call it "the spirit of Frostmourne" if you will that lets you magically fuse those 1h pokers together into a single sword temporarily.

My preference for DK dps is WotLK Frost 2h > Blood 2h > Frost 1h > Blood Tank > Frost 2h > UH (seriously, fuck UH). I'd love for either 2h frost or 2h blood to be viable, but they won't take that step again. Just have to deal with 1h frost or UH.
    Last edited by dementedlogic; 2015-10-28 at 01:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post
    My preference for DK dps is Frost 2h > Blood 2h > Frost 1h > Blood Tank > UH (seriously, fuck UH). I'd love for either 2h frost or 2h blood to be viable, but they won't take that step again. Just have to deal with 1h frost or UH.
    For me it's UH > Blood Tank > DW Frost > 2H Frost.

Sorry, I corrected my post to reflect WotLK 2h Frost*, not the current abomination of 2h Frost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

Deleted
    Would be fun, but I don't see it happen.

Also there are many things in the game, I would rather want than this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I could see it if it was something like gladiator stance... same rotation... less self healing... less threat... more DPS. It "could" work.
    Yeah but did Gladiator Stance even work? I would say no considering how they had to alter it so much...

Deleted
    I really would like Blood DPS back, pretty much stoppen playing DK right when they changed it.
    I doubt they will ever bring it back though.

To OP:
    You fucked up the poll, you can't just ask two different questions in the OP and the poll and not expect people to get confused. Poll invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    You remember correctly, it was the presence that allowed to tank, not the spec.
    However if I rememebr it right, frost was the favored tree for tanking at the time, or at least I remember tanking with a lot of talent in that tree.
    I'd like to see it return to this, but I doubt they'll ever move away from where the specs are now.