Deleted

Mage questions [Mythic] logs, armory analyzis

Hello : -) before i start sorry for my english.

I started playing mage this expansion and im pretty much confused since start. I read like all forums around the google and i learned a lot. But actualy now in mythic raiding when im geared more then i can wish i started to be rly disoriented about what am i supposed to do.

My armory:
    U need to edit this link, i cant post links yet
    eu battle net wow/en/character/nagrand/Dirtyjeff/advanced

Log i will talk about:
    U need to edit this link, i cant post links yet
    world of logs /reports/rt-khusanv92mtka4u1/sum/damageDone/?s=2726&e=3143

So im not going to talk about all my progress in HM but this fight is actualy rly good to analyze. Twins Mythic,.. its kill LOG. Im not saying i did all my best, i failed some time but not that much to have only 24,3DPS...

There must be something im missing and im rly interested in ur opinions.

My thoughts:

Gear stats (something bad?) maybe OVER multistriked?
    Opener (btw i was prepot)
    Not rly good ice foes using..

Prysmatic crystal....i dont rly know what to think about that..my SKADA always show bad dps about that but i think WoL might be good right?

Thank u a lot for reading my post and ofc for any suggestions :-) !

If you can, get rid of your mastery for haste/crit/vers. For me, I had to make several 3 of 3 crafted pieces to achieve this. I did notice an increase in DPS when I got most of my mastery off my gear. I still have the shoulders you're using though.

So... You cast a few non brain freeze FFB's and your icelance number seems way high compared to your FoF procs.

Your Frost Bomb uptime was also horrendous - 53%....
    You missed a potential Shards of Nothing Cast
    You missed a potential Icy Veins cast

Its actually pretty hard to determine some things with WoL unfortunately.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2015-01-07 at 12:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    So... You cast a few non brain freeze FFB's and your icelance number seems way high compared to your FoF procs.

Your Frost Bomb uptime was also horrendous - 53%....
    You missed a potential Shards of Nothing Cast
    You missed a potential Icy Veins cast

Its actually pretty hard to determine some things with WoL unfortunately.
    Thank you for ur respone :-), Yea that icelance number seems rly high,.. actualy its because when im moving sometimes i just icelance...
    About FB uptime...i want to have FB only if i have icelances dont I? like 53% seems allright if i can imagine i have FoF like 50% of the time

Optimally, frost bomb uptime should be around 80%. 53% is really really low...

Edit- I'm well aware that uptime for frost bomb means very little, but I'm also aware that Simcraft has a Frost Bomb mage with approximately 78% uptime on Frost Bomb...
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2015-01-07 at 04:28 PM.

Like post #2 said,Mastery is the worst stat u want to totally eliminate it if possible. This is really important especially with ur current playstyle(spamming too much lance), no frostbolt no icicles, u gain ZERO benefit from mastery stat. Having other stats doesnt punish u that hard because u would still benefit from those stats.

Post#3 is mostly correct except for the part about frostbomb. U are right,frostbomb uptime dont matter because it does zero damage on its own,what u want is having frostbomb up when u use FoF lances.if u dont have FoF u dont want to cast frostbomb at all.

Yeah no, 50% uptime is awful. To put it in perspective for you, imagine a 10 minute fight, for the first 5 minutes you used your bomb, the next 5 you did not. That is a huge DPS loss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezer View Post
    Yeah no, 50% uptime is awful. To put it in perspective for you, imagine a 10 minute fight, for the first 5 minutes you used your bomb, the next 5 you did not. That is a huge DPS loss.
    am i rly missing something?

Like I said,.. u will never have FoF 100% of the fight,.. so i think more effective uptime of FB --> more dps?

Like the part with the Mastery stat,.. thats something didnt think of..

To be honest you should be using ice nova on twins.

You casted ice lace 138 but only had 54 FoF procs, you need to stop casting ice Lance so much without FoF

You casted FFB 33 times with only 26 Brain freeze procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Optimally, frost bomb uptime should be around 80%. 53% is really really low...

Edit- I'm well aware that uptime for frost bomb means very little, but I'm also aware that Simcraft has a Frost Bomb mage with approximately 78% uptime on Frost Bomb...
    Could you point me towards where you saw that? From this discussion on the Frost APL it looks like the APL only casts Frost Bomb when it has 2 procs of FoF as that was slightly better dps (on 1-3 targets) vs using it with just 1 FoF, which I can't imagine would end up with an uptime of 78%. I tried looking through the Frost Mage on the T17M results but couldn't find anything about actual uptime, just how much damage was caused by the explosions although I could've been overlooking that somewhere.

I simmed his gear and got 78% uptime.

The Mythic Profile with his talents also sims it with 78%. Check the Fluffy Pillow buff uptime to see debuffs with simcraft.

Deleted
    I simmed his gear and got 78% uptime.

The Mythic Profile with his talents also sims it with 78%. Check the Fluffy Pillow buff uptime to see debuffs with simcraft.
    Still a pretty minor loss compared to the 80 non FoF lances cast as well as the hardcasted FFBs.

WoL doesn't have a casts view, so in reality that number isn't as high as 80 due to splitting ice.

Deleted
    About thoose FFBs :- / i cant rly remamber i casted it ,.. it sounds rly wierd to me cause i dont rly want to do that :-)....and about icelances..yea thats my problem and i can improve that.

Actualy thinking about arcane to mythic...i rly hate frost and i think its just me and i can fit to that spec...

Deleted
    You are not able to play the "easiest" of the three specs to a mythic raider degree and you want to go arcane in mythic fights?!... I really would not recommend you to do this.