Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hareem, for me it's the opposite. It really depends how much mastery vs multistrike you have on your gear.

Bloodbath can be only better than bladestorm, when your mortal strike and sudden death proc damage outscales bladestorms free rage input and the good burst it provides. Especially inside every 3rd colossus you should use bladestorm straight after CS (along with ravager) instead of standard dumping rotation. If you have a lot of crit and multistrike gear, bladestorm just wrecks bloodbath on every scenario I'm afraid.

Using 2 set from PvP and a lot of mastery gear can turn this around already with the current gear though, because if you can force charge crit mortal strikes on every bloodbath the value of the dot increases of course. Tier 17 sims stuff with a lot of mastery, which is the only reason why bloodbath is even "viable". It also emphasizes on using sudden death and it obviously kinda hopes you get those procs inside bloodbath too... While in reality - not gonna happen, so bladestorm burst still more reliable on stable damage done.

mrchee is also correct on the execute phase. It works perfectly there due to giving same pressure of damage between execute downtime dumps, while being completely free and giving rage with autoattacks. You basically have no downtime for two execute bursts in a row and perfectly executed it feels to be way better than bloodbath ticking there from one execute burst.

However this is old news and I'm suprised some people are still not informed o_O.

i simmed mine and showed that bladestorm is 2k higher than BB on single target

moot point anyway, i go fury for ST and arms for cleave
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Interesting that for you fellas BS is higher. I've got 19.58% crit, 45.50% mastery, 2.6% haste and 5.8% multistrike in my Arms set, whats your guys? Checking Warcraftlogs top 10 or so heroic Butcher kills no one uses BS and a lot of their damage done for BB is like 8-10%+ which is pretty huge.

Moot point for me as well because I use Fury for ST too

Bloodbath is stronger than Bladestorm on a generic single target fight. You'll need to add the little "cheat" that Col posted in the Fury thread in order to make the up time of the execute phase realistic. This tier there's one fight that is pure single target, Butcher. On Butcher you'll want neither of these two talents, you'll want to use Avatar.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Hehe, I'm having 16.18% multistrike unbuffed and bladestorm usually amounts somewhere ~12-15% of my single target damage, if everything goes smoothly.

However having this much multistrike also sets my stat priority to be crit = multi > versa > mastery (when specced in bladestorm), while in a full tier 17 gear on next raid you should see the stat priority to favor mastery above all else (while specced in bloodbath and sudden death). So I'd say it is all about the stats you have and those talents working along with that stat better.

Since the tier raid gear is going to have a lot of mastery in it, you will see bloodbath taking over bladestorm again on everyone's sims no doubt.

However saying one is always better than the another just simply isn't always true, especially when another talent benefits from one stat and the other doesn't.
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2015-01-07 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Bloodbath is stronger than Bladestorm on a generic single target fight. You'll need to add the little "cheat" that Col posted in the Fury thread in order to make the up time of the execute phase realistic. This tier there's one fight that is pure single target, Butcher. On Butcher you'll want neither of these two talents, you'll want to use Avatar.
    whoa you changed your sig and profile picture, almost couldnt recognize you

im suprised avatar for butcher...ill have to do some maths
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

Quote Originally Posted by Toijin View Post
    whoa you changed your sig and profile picture, almost couldnt recognize you

im suprised avatar for butcher...ill have to do some maths
    Why surprised? It's the perfect conditions for Avatar to be used. It's 3:30-4 minute fight and it's a 3 minute CD, meaning you get 2 uses of Avatar compared to 4 uses of Bloodbath. Both uses will be during Recklessness, with Scabbard up assuming you have it, and 1 of them during lust.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'll have to give Avatar a try this week on Butcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Hareem View Post
    I'll have to give Avatar a try this week on Butcher.

As will i, never thought of it like that

I actually found that Bladestorm during a CS after the MS with cooldowns up allowed for some pretty nice single target burst, where I felt Bloodbath was lacking simply because I didn't always have the rage to make the most of Bloodbath. Bloodbath requires more setup, more planning to make the most of it so it's definitely easier to do good damage with Bladestorm.

Especially in low end gear I found Bladestorm was a considerable dps increase, simply because of the downtime and inability to make the most of cooldowns/trinkets/procs during low rage. Might well be different in good gear, I've not played Arms since my gear was pretty poor.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4