Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    I'm assuming he is an officer of their guild in which case I welcome him posting on behalf of his guildie. There is technically a thread for this that is stickied but that isn't the point. If he is an officer and wants to understand why his raider is playing like garbage he has the right to know. Hell, even if he is just a guildie who wants to know if his fellow raider that he is essentially carrying is just blowing hot air I am fine with that as well. Nobody here has a problem helping and the fact that this person had to come here rather than their warlock actively looking for help in regards to their DPS is actually quite sad in my opinion. I wouldn't want to be in a raid with a person that is intentionally gimping their damage due to ignorance and if that player isn't going to look for the answers on how to fix their DPS I would gladly do the research for them just so I wouldn't have to carry them in the raid.

Keep in mind we are technically speaking about a Mythic raider, if you are raiding Mythic you should at least understand the basic fundamentals of your class such as Multi-dotting on a cleave fight where the add is alive for a decent amount of time.
    Hey guys!

Wow, thanks on all the feed-back. I am an officer currently, and was going through our logs, because our melee team carrys our range damage pretty hard. But when I saw a 100% uptime on Brakenspore, I immediately knew something is wrong. I don't know much about warlocks, but from what I do know, in 2k+ Arena they do so much damage because they pressure the *whole* enemy team with multi-doting. So I have a basic understanding. I've talked to him and unfortunately he is a clicker. And says it's hard to micro manage multi-DoTs and moving out of stuff. So What I've found out so far:
    • Soul swap is indeed a DPS LOSS because of the shard cost
      Killing an add grants a shard
      Soulburn: Haunt is best 100 talent
      He has/had poor uptime on multi targets

Quote Originally Posted by sysity View Post
    Hey guys!

Wow, thanks on all the feed-back. I am an officer currently, and was going through our logs, because our melee team carrys our range damage pretty hard. But when I saw a 100% uptime on Brakenspore, I immediately knew something is wrong. I don't know much about warlocks, but from what I do know, in 2k+ Arena they do so much damage because they pressure the *whole* enemy team with multi-doting. So I have a basic understanding. I've talked to him and unfortunately he is a clicker. And says it's hard to micro manage multi-DoTs and moving out of stuff. So What I've found out so far:
    SB:H isn't the best 100 talent for all encounters. In fact we use DemServ for a few fights such as Ko'ragh and Kargath.

I don't mean to sound rude but if you guys are serious about progression raiding you may want to seriously reconsider him as a core raider member. If he can't manage multiple targets for something as simple as DoT'ing 2 targets on Brackenspore he is going to never be able to do fights like Tectus, Butcher, Margok, and almost every encounter in BRF.

Hey guys!

If they are a clicker you can require them to buy a gaming mouse, within reason. 15 year old raiders typically don't get $60 to go blow on a mouse on a moments notice, a 20 year old however is a different story. There are just as many competant 15 year old raiders as any other age. The gaming mouse requirement is no less than a dps requirement, if they dont comply bench them. If they quit all you lost was a clicker/bad dps who had issues with standing in the fire. Nobody wants to be the bad guy to lay down the line but you can't let that one person ruin the experience for the rest of your raiders.

SB:H isn't the best 100 talent for all encounters. In fact we use DemServ for a few fights such as Ko'ragh and Kargath.

I don't mean to sound rude but if you guys are serious about progression raiding you may want to seriously reconsider him as a core raider member. If he can't manage multiple targets for something as simple as DoT'ing 2 targets on Brackenspore he is going to never be able to do fights like Tectus, Butcher, Margok, and almost every encounter in BRF.
    Yeah, some people just aren't meant for serious raiding. This guy is one of them.

I rather try to help "Fix" him as player. He is a good person, has donated more than 10k towards the guild bank, and has never been late/missed a raid since highmaul opened. It's going to be more difficult to find any decent players on Frostwolf. It's a dead server.

Hey guys!

Yeah, some people just aren't meant for serious raiding. This guy is one of them. If you have to start with 'stop clicking and DoT more than 1 mob a time' then it just isn't meant to be.

As much as we want to help people to get them in line, sometimes there are those players that are so far off from being where they need to be and fundamentally broken (clickers) there's nothing you can do to help.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If they are a clicker you can require them to buy a gaming mouse, within reason. 15 year old raiders typically don't get $60 to go blow on a mouse on a moments notice, a 20 year old however is a different story. There are just as many competant 15 year old raiders as any other age. The gaming mouse requirement is no less than a dps requirement, if they dont comply bench them. If they quit all you lost was a clicker/bad dps who had issues with standing in the fire. Nobody wants to be the bad guy to lay down the line but you can't let that one person ruin the experience for the rest of your raiders.
    They don't even need a gaming mouse, they just need to use their keyboard. Clicking is so much worse than keybinds regardless of what anyone says. If your raider is incapable of doing their rotation while clicking and moving they are holding the raid back.

I rather try to help "Fix" him as player. He is a good person, has donated more than 10k towards the guild bank, and has never been late/missed a raid since highmaul opened. It's going to be more difficult to find any decent players on Frostwolf. It's a dead server.
    If you want to "fix" him convince him to bind his keys. You can't expect someone that plays a class notorious for being a multi-target DPS class to play optimally if they can't even maintain their damage on one target correctly.
    Last edited by Novx; 2015-01-08 at 07:12 PM.

They don't even need a gaming mouse, they just need to use their keyboard. Clicking is so much worse than keybinds regardless of what anyone says. If your raider is incapable of doing their rotation while clicking and moving they are holding the raid back.
    As a 2300 rated ret paladin in arena I can't possibly agree more. And was shocked to find out.

If you want to "fix" him convince him to bind his keys. You can't expect someone that plays a class notorious for being a multi-target DPS class to play optimally if they can't even maintain their damage on one target correctly.
    That and focus macros. You're not going to play well if you're tabbing back and forth between targets to maintain DoTs.

Number 1 rule: Don't listen to Novx this early in the morning always wait till he gets a few drinks in him

I don't know anything about warlocks, but clicking and no multi-dotting on Affliction seems like a first class ticket for the fail train.

Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    That and focus macros. You're not going to play well if you're tabbing back and forth between targets to maintain DoTs.
    I never use focus macros or mouseovers, but fuck tab targetting shit is useless.

Get shadowed unit frames and use the boss frames it has to track dots on 2+ bosses and use tidy plates to track on things that dont have boss frames.
    Kapelusz of Encore

Tell him that if he wants to continue playing a spec that excels at multidotting, he needs to practice and learn to multidot.

Deleted
    I don`t mean to sound rude in the slightest but I just have to ask: how does a clicker who is unaware of even some relatively basic stuff (when to multidot, improving dot uptimes, draining a dying add etc) get to be a 7/7 HC and part-way into Mythic raider?

And for DeadmanWalking: the word is "competent". Once again, not to be a nit-picker, just that you`ve used that word at least once in every single post so far.