Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Theory about all the recent WW nerfs

so, i'm gonna lay it down straight.
    I think they're gonna change the mastery again in 6.1

why else would they keep nerfing ST again and again and not touch cleave?
    monks were not outperforming in ST, so there wasn't an obvious goal there.

but i think, they wanna nerf ST little by little until it's lower-mid charts, and then the mastery change will get it back up.

thoughts? can happen or i'm on crazy pills?

I'm surprised it wasn't changed in 6.0, isn't our gimmick that we have a new mastery every major patch?

Deleted
    You never know. The thing about monks is that we're really strong in basically each-case scenario, really overpowered cleave, strong single target and good aoe. My guess is simpler, they just don't want to let us wreck every single fight. On top of that all, people have to realize we're pretty strong in Highmaul with incredibly poor optimized gear, as soon as we jump into Multistrikefest in Blackrock Foundry with 4-set we'll be completely out of control.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    so, i'm gonna lay it down straight.
    I think they're gonna change the mastery again in 6.1

why else would they keep nerfing ST again and again and not touch cleave?
    monks were not outperforming in ST, so there wasn't an obvious goal there.

but i think, they wanna nerf ST little by little until it's lower-mid charts, and then the mastery change will get it back up.

thoughts? can happen or i'm on crazy pills?
    I hope this is right, I have no qualms in stating that our mastery is the most worthless weakest & lamest mastery-skill in the game. It literally feels like mastery as a stat is of 0 value. Going from 49 to 51% chance for a double proc? that is itself a proc? Id prefer versatility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpopos10 View Post
    I hope this is right, I have no qualms in stating that our mastery is the most worthless weakest & lamest mastery-skill in the game. It literally feels like mastery as a stat is of 0 value. Going from 49 to 51% chance for a double proc? that is itself a proc? Id prefer versatility.
    I agree about mastery. Don't we have the only mastery that has to be manually activated in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanian View Post
    I agree about mastery. Don't we have the only mastery that has to be manually activated in the game?
    No, it's a passive percentage increase to the CHANCE you will get an extra TEB stack, when you get TEB stacks (by consuming 4 chi).
    So it activated automatically.

Deleted
    I don't think master is boring, getting 10 stacks out of nothing due to proc luck can be "fun" imo. Won't argue that it's terrible performance wise.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowprince View Post
    I don't think master is boring, getting 10 stacks out of nothing due to proc luck can be "fun" imo. Won't argue that it's terrible performance wise.
    I don't think you understand how the mastery works.
    it doesn't give you 10 stacks.
    it's a Chance to gain an EXTRA stack, whenever you gain a stack (consuming 4 chi).

so if you have 25% mastery, and you did 2 blackout kicks, you get 1 stack of TEB, and have a 25% chance to get one extra stack.

I'd love to hear why do you find it "fun".
    i find it very unfun, because it gives me nothing 75% of the time, and the other 25% isn't fun either, cause one more stack isn't that much of a difference.
    Last edited by Notter; 2015-01-10 at 04:00 PM.

PTR changes looks like Blackout Kick, RSK and FoF get buffed. Bad datamining i guess, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    PTR changes looks like Blackout Kick, RSK and FoF get buffed. Bad datamining i guess, right?
    nope, these are just tooltip fixes
    those changes are already live.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's a passive percentage increase to the CHANCE you will get an extra TEB stack, when you get TEB stacks (by consuming 4 chi).
    So it activated automatically.
    The stacks are generated automatically but you have to manually push the TEB button in order to get the mastery to work. It's not like Blood DK's for example, that out of their normal rotations have to push a button to activate their mastery.

TEB is not a mastery, so i don't see your problem.
    it's a skill like any other.

Don't worry, you are not the only monk spec with terrible mastery :/ (coming from a mw). Mastery being a useless stat seems to be a feature of this class

For what it's worth, as long as mastery sucks as a stat for either WW or MW, I'm glad they both do. It makes gear sharing between the two specs with the stat swapping on gear easier.

Emerya, that sure is looking at the glass half full XD

Quote Originally Posted by Emerya View Post
    For what it's worth, as long as mastery sucks as a stat for either WW or MW, I'm glad they both do. It makes gear sharing between the two specs with the stat swapping on gear easier.
    I play WW and BrM so that doesn't really work for me.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedinn View Post
    I play WW and BrM so that doesn't really work for me.
    Yeah, it's a main reason I was much more agreeable when my guild asked me to change my offspec to MW from BrM
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    I don't think you understand how the mastery works.
    it doesn't give you 10 stacks.
    it's a Chance to gain an EXTRA stack, whenever you gain a stack (consuming 4 chi).

so if you have 25% mastery, and you did 2 blackout kicks, you get 1 stack of TEB, and have a 25% chance to get one extra stack.

I'd love to hear why do you find it "fun".
    i find it very unfun, because it gives me nothing 75% of the time, and the other 25% isn't fun either, cause one more stack isn't that much of a difference.
    Wow thanks the for insight sherlock! Congratulations on taking everything literally! I'll explain it for the more simple minded among us : 10 stacks wasn't meant LITERAL, I was talking about these moments that you have quite some proc luck, preferably with Chi Brew and gain a shitlot of TEB stacks wereas you would have gotten a lot less without mastery.

Also you don't seem to be aware that Chi Brew also has a (double) chance of proccing our mastery or you never used Chi Brew in the first place because you found it too hard to use, who knows. Using both Chi Brew stacks at once can potentially give you 8 stacks without even using a single gcd. IMO that can be fun, just how I think having a massive proc-streak on my Frost DK can be fun. Notice I am aware that mastery sucks, I'm purely talking "feel", not performance.

Hope I cleared that up for you
    Last edited by mmoc088a6c06ab; 2015-01-11 at 09:33 AM.

you know,it never thought about mastery proccing from Chi brew, but you're right.

about being literal, keep in mind i don't know you and how well you know this class, and we are reading text.
    it's not always easy to determine when is someone being figurative and when he simply doesn't understand how something works.

So, today 4 classes got one of their specs mastery buffed.
    And monk got a nerf/fix to 2-set exploit in pve.

Yet monks mastery, which is so weak as it is, was not touched!
    I'm telling you, i'm feeling a new mastery coming, and my Theory is it's gonna be % less cost of jab.