Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Camelot unchained looks pretty cool. Hopin that style of world pvp works.
    Yea those are the folks that made Dark Age of Camelot, which is one of my favorite games of all time and possibly my favorite MMO. I have high hopes for Camelot Unchained

I like the idea of taking over opposing faction quest hubs and making them your own. Once you claim an enemy quest hub quests open up for you. They give faction and currency used to buy items. You hold the quest hub until the other faction takes it back or until weekly maintaince when all will revert back. So Horde can take over goldshire and alliance has to take it back and if u dont then you have to quest elsewhere.

Thing is that works in a stat based rpg not in level based rpg.

If levels define gap between players the system won't work. In example in WoW, players who would have the interest in defend Goldshire are not possibly on the same level as the attackers. In stat based rpg all players would have same amount of health despite the level, level is more of cosmetic feature of how long you've been playing. The difference would be in skills as in talent based skills not player skills and gear, but again gear cannot have such huge caps like it does in WoW. The difference would be different materials and their endurance, pretty minimal in stats compared to WoW, but also heavier gear would be slower but more resistant to use like plate against cloth, so agility plays a major more role.

This style of Mmorpg is Mortal Online for example, everyone's on the same par line, but they improve their skill with different weapons for slight advantage and gear, nothing that will cause said WoW type oneshotting. For more known similar system, Skyrim has one. OK in Skyrim the player also improves with levels, but if you don't count that part.

There's no leveling curve in the world via quests there's just places that are of different interests and provide certain things.
    In such world gear is mostly crafting based, not a quest reward. The lore of the world is the actual quest reward.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2015-01-12 at 06:36 PM.

World PvP is not happening in WoW. It's simple why.

World PvP is a sandbox feature.

WoW is a themepark game with themepark features like Arena, Battlegrounds, and Ashran.

There is no place for World PvP in WoW unless a community expressly gathers around for it (Emerald Dream-US).

There are some massive problems with WoW in its current form that prevent world pvp from being more prevalent:

1. Zero incentive. Aside from zoned PvP in Ashran, there is no worthwhile reward for world pvp, and that's a damn shame. If the concern is griefers, only allow rewards for kills against equal or higher level players.

2. The world map has grown too large and there are too many zones. I rarely see anybody out in the world while leveling, questing, etc. due to relatively small server population limits compared to the enormity of the game.

3. Garrisons, sanctuaries, and ridiculous safeguards/hand-holding on pvp servers. Everyone is either sitting in their Garrison or one of the major cities/sanctuaries. Combining with my first point, there is little incentive to attack a city and there are infinitely respawning guards that take away from the immersion and take away from pvp interaction, since cities will endlessly guard themselves and reset in a very short amount of time. I understand the need for such safeguards in say... the Crossroads where lowbies are being griefed and leveling becomes an impossibility. But in high level zones and major cities on pvp servers? Get out of here.

4. Arenas and battlegrounds: instanced pvp is easier to access, gives much richer rewards, and better holds the attention span and panders to the (lack of) organizational skill of your average WoW player.

5. Blizzard has made little effort to develop this area of the game. Various outdoor pvp zones in the past have been pointless and underwhelming, empty, and/or broken.

World PvP isn't dead, it's just flawed like it's always been. Also player mentality has indeed changed. I remember in Vanilla while leveling I would kill the enemy faction on sight if my level was high enough. Once I hit max level though I just had so much to get on with, whenever there was contact with the opposing faction there would be that awkward moment until one of you /waved at each other and the other did the same so you could both go about your business unhindered. Tyr's Hand is a great example.

This carried on to TBC daily quest hubs but as always it only takes one or two people to set off a spark. If there is a densely populated area World PvP can indeed happen, Isle of Quel, Firelands Quest Hub, Timeless Isle. Those were areas where many people had to get things done but you had no flying mount to save you.

I remember there was a massive group in Gorgrond trying to farm the mount, there was a huge raid for both Alliance and Horde and both leaders made contact with each other and promised peace. Damn Alliance apparently didn't hold up there end of the bargain, or the leader simply couldn't control all of them naturally. My friends told me to come to Gorgrond because they kept getting ganked and all hell broke lose. Pushed those pricks out of the spawn point eventually.

I understand everyone comments... however your commenting on the state of PvP NOW, and not if the system im suggesting was implemented. I see no downside to the system and also no way that it could hinder anyone no matter what play style... Nor why anyone aside from the die hard never touch pvp players, wouldn't participate in either the bonus exp/transmog/illusion area that unlocks after keep capture, or the actual sieges themselves.

If you are one of those people that wouldn't participate in something like this please tell me why. I would honestly like to know I'm on a personal vendetta to find out what would be wrong with a system like this and if it would survive in the game... don't know why... just am

Deleted
    Then they have to fix faction balance at the same time.

Your absolutely correct, the fix that will never happen is simply...

Open free realm transfers to servers with a faction imbalance until it becomes equal... it would be a large task one Blizzard would never do, but you are right

Per example:

Realm (Eonar) is 40% Horde 60% Alliance

Horde players from any server may transfer to (Eonar) free of cost, Alliance players may transfer to any server FROM (Eonar) with no cost... once balance is close to 50/50 transfers stop.... like i said large task that would populate the que times for transfers heavily, and im not sure how it could be handled (not network/ mass server inclined)
    Last edited by PrinceDevilos; 2015-01-12 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceDevilos View Post
    Your absolutely correct, the fix that will never happen is simply...

Open free realm transfers to servers with a faction imbalance until it becomes equal... it would be a large task one Blizzard would never do, but you are right

Per example:

Realm (Eonar) is 40% Horde 60% Alliance

Horde players from any server may transfer to (Eonar) free of cost, Alliance players may transfer to any server FROM (Eonar) with no cost... once balance is close to 50/50 transfers stop.... like i said large task that would populate the que times for transfers heavily, and im not sure how it could be handled (not network/ mass server inclined)
    Except that doesn't work people aren't going to transfer to a realm where they are massively outnumbered unless it's to play with friends and there is no incentive for the other side to transfer off of it. Blizzard found that most people would rather deal with large queue times to get into server then play on a smaller server.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Except that doesn't work people aren't going to transfer to a realm where they are massively outnumbered unless it's to play with friends and there is no incentive for the other side to transfer off of it. Blizzard found that most people would rather deal with large queue times to get into server then play on a smaller server.
    Your right, it was the only idea I could come up with concerning faction imbalance however...lol

Faction balance is something that would of had to be maintained from the beginning and would of required two things you have to choose your faction for that server and can only play that faction which it used to be that way but it would also require that the factions kept with in a certain percentage of each other and if one side got to large no new accounts can join that faction on that server until they get back to being with in that margin. Accounts that haven't been played on that server for a specific amount of time no longer count towards the imbalance.

World PvP is finished. Other than random skirmishes when alts get ganked, there is no benefit to doing world pvp other than 'fun'. Arenas, RBG's and lockboxes from random BG's have effectively killed it. That's the way it is, and the way it always will be from now until the game comes to an end.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.