All just a part of life. One of the toughest things to learn is understanding that RNG also goes in your favor, despite it looking like nothing going right some days. Things will get better, I promise

This has been a very frustrating meta for me. I typically hover between 50-60% winrates in my decks but this expansion I've been between 40-50%. I feel the rng swings are extraordinarily high and I haven't been able to adapt. It's a part of the game and I accept my losses without much complaint, but I am eager for the current expansion to end.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    This has been a very frustrating meta for me. I typically hover between 50-60% winrates in my decks but this expansion I've been between 40-50%. I feel the rng swings are extraordinarily high and I haven't been able to adapt. It's a part of the game and I accept my losses without much complaint, but I am eager for the current expansion to end.
    Yea, feels like there is way too much RNG now and it sucks when you're 1 turn from a win and the opponents pulls some stupid spin the Yogg for the win or puzzle box move and wins. Also there is too much random card generation overall and personally I can't wait for Zephyr to go away. I hate that card with passion.

Came back after not playing for well over a year and messing around in standard.
    Seems like 80%+ of decks are agro (the reason i stopped playing) or 10-15% priest and it's fucking awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Came back after not playing for well over a year and messing around in standard.
    Seems like 80%+ of decks are agro (the reason i stopped playing) or 10-15% priest and it's fucking awful.
    We're in for a GIGANTIC shift in gameplay throughout the rest of the month. The meta is frustrating for sure but hold out a couple of weeks and let's see how it looks after. It'll be the biggest shift in hearthstone history I reckon.

Any time I see Soul Fragments it already makes me rage.

There's just something irritating about watching someone go from like 10 hp back to 26 because they just chain drew all of the Soul Fragments they shuffled into their deck.

To tack onto that, finally got the achievement to get all results from Wheel of Yogg, was missing the Pyroblast one.

Of course, 3 pyroblasts hit me in the face while the opponent only got one to theirs.

what ive taken away from for first few hours of the new expansion.

-Warlock is just stupid right now with new Jaraxxus
    -People who i can only assume were dropped on their heads multiple times as a child still continue to play hunter and rush face.
    -I'll just instant concede whenever someone plays a watch post because id rather take the loss than play against that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    what ive taken away from for first few hours of the new expansion.

-Warlock is just stupid right now with new Jaraxxus
    -People who i can only assume were dropped on their heads multiple times as a child still continue to play hunter and rush face.
    -I'll just instant concede whenever someone plays a watch post because id rather take the loss than play against that shit.
    Not managed to play anything yet, what is so bad about watch post? All the posts looked so underwhelming when they were revealed
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    Not managed to play anything yet, what is so bad about watch post? All the posts looked so underwhelming when they were revealed
    The 2 mana and 3 mana watch posts are very good at disrupting early tempo if you get them out early.

Personally don't see them as a problem, they force the meta away from just playing early minions that snowball. Forces more midrange and control playstyles since you need direct removal to deal with them adequately.

I'd be curious to know what deck @Fenzha is even trying to play given what decks they're complaining about.

Personally I have a way bigger problem with decks like druid and paladin that can cheat out huge minions on turns 4-5, given that some classes lack adequate removal that early in the game. Just played a druid who cheated out two eight drops on turn five, that 5/7 taunt demon that summons a lifesteal demon, and the 12/12 demon. Just game over right there. Even considered running BGH since he's in core again, but there are a lot of strong minions with 5-6 attack these days so it's kinda pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The 2 mana and 3 mana watch posts are very good at disrupting early tempo if you get them out early.

Personally don't see them as a problem, they force the meta away from just playing early minions that snowball. Forces more midrange and control playstyles since you need direct removal to deal with them adequately.

I'd be curious to know what deck @Fenzha is even trying to play given what decks they're complaining about.
    I have managed to sleep on it a little and not be as annoyed.

I feel they are too good at disrupting early game. I have 0 problems with the spell watch post.
    When i said the concede thing i meant if one or a combination gets played first few turns and usually it's the mana increase one getting coined out turn 1.
    I play exclusively a Yogg mage deck atm (I play hearthstone for the fun rng more than to win) and it has a lot of spells but pretty much every other minion is for spell power/generation and are small in stats so playing those to look for answers/boost spells get punished to a lesser extent by the minion watch post.

If a game reaches turn 4 or 5 or something without them it's usually fine and i play the game out win or lose even if they pop up later.
    Its essentially just the 2 mana watch post... I hate that thing. Make the mana increase only last for the turn the card was drawn or something but make it a 3/4, i dont know.