15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    Not managed to play anything yet, what is so bad about watch post? All the posts looked so underwhelming when they were revealed
    The 2 mana and 3 mana watch posts are very good at disrupting early tempo if you get them out early.

Personally don't see them as a problem, they force the meta away from just playing early minions that snowball. Forces more midrange and control playstyles since you need direct removal to deal with them adequately.

I'd be curious to know what deck @Fenzha is even trying to play given what decks they're complaining about.

Personally I have a way bigger problem with decks like druid and paladin that can cheat out huge minions on turns 4-5, given that some classes lack adequate removal that early in the game. Just played a druid who cheated out two eight drops on turn five, that 5/7 taunt demon that summons a lifesteal demon, and the 12/12 demon. Just game over right there. Even considered running BGH since he's in core again, but there are a lot of strong minions with 5-6 attack these days so it's kinda pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The 2 mana and 3 mana watch posts are very good at disrupting early tempo if you get them out early.

Personally don't see them as a problem, they force the meta away from just playing early minions that snowball. Forces more midrange and control playstyles since you need direct removal to deal with them adequately.

I'd be curious to know what deck @Fenzha is even trying to play given what decks they're complaining about.
    I have managed to sleep on it a little and not be as annoyed.

I feel they are too good at disrupting early game. I have 0 problems with the spell watch post.
    When i said the concede thing i meant if one or a combination gets played first few turns and usually it's the mana increase one getting coined out turn 1.
    I play exclusively a Yogg mage deck atm (I play hearthstone for the fun rng more than to win) and it has a lot of spells but pretty much every other minion is for spell power/generation and are small in stats so playing those to look for answers/boost spells get punished to a lesser extent by the minion watch post.

If a game reaches turn 4 or 5 or something without them it's usually fine and i play the game out win or lose even if they pop up later.
    Its essentially just the 2 mana watch post... I hate that thing. Make the mana increase only last for the turn the card was drawn or something but make it a 3/4, i dont know.

I really need to stop playing HS. It's giving me anger issues and making me hate every opponent.

I've never really had that problem with any other game, even competitive games cause if I lose I can just identify the mistake and try to do better next time. With HS though it's just infuriating. Like I face aggro, have 8 answers in my deck and draw none as they slowly fill up the board and I can do literally nothing or turn 5 OTK or just bad RNG and chain losing from 1 win to legend back to rank 5 because of terrible draws and the opponent "magically" always finding answers, often even cards that you don't normally see in those decks at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    I really need to stop playing HS. It's giving me anger issues and making me hate every opponent.

I've never really had that problem with any other game, even competitive games cause if I lose I can just identify the mistake and try to do better next time. With HS though it's just infuriating. Like I face aggro, have 8 answers in my deck and draw none as they slowly fill up the board and I can do literally nothing or turn 5 OTK or just bad RNG and chain losing from 1 win to legend back to rank 5 because of terrible draws and the opponent "magically" always finding answers, often even cards that you don't normally see in those decks at all.
    That's why I stopped like 3 expansions ago. I was already spending way too much time playing, but I'd be angry and a super bad sport all the time. Not healthy.

spell only mage has returned to being my number 1 most hated deck...

played against it 5 times in a row just now doing my dailies.
    1 game of my opponent getting a full board of heavily buffed minions over 2 turns from deck of lunacy
    and 4 games of nothing but fireballs, apexis blasts and masks of c'thun chunking my health every turn.

Every player seems to find the need to rope every turn from about turn 5 onwards. Just queuing up to get daily quests done, stop overthinking it, jeez.

Shouldn't it be obvious after a few turns of random crap that you're not playing someone using anything resembling a "proper" deck? Boo, turn length, boo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Every player seems to find the need to rope every turn from about turn 5 onwards. Just queuing up to get daily quests done, stop overthinking it, jeez.

Shouldn't it be obvious after a few turns of random crap that you're not playing someone using anything resembling a "proper" deck? Boo, turn length, boo.
    I don't want to sound paranoid here, but I feel like the worse I play at a time, the more people rope despite obviously knowing exactly what they were going to do.

Like it's some sort of teabagging almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    There's just something irritating about watching someone go from like 10 hp back to 26 because they just chain drew all of the Soul Fragments they shuffled into their deck.
    That's funny, I find every deck that cares about opponents HP infuriating.

doing this on behlalf of the people in my battlegrounds room

i was varden, got the left and right minions consume a minion quest, tripled the 'make units in the tavern plus 2 2' and that tripled into felbat

my left and rright minions were gold windfury DS elemental and mantid queen with two of the demon consume taunt minions in the middle.

the last 6 turns were me one shotting people and the only time my damage dropped below thirty was when my mantid queen didnt pick up DS

all i did was roll for triples, i had no idea what to do for any of those last 6 turns, the last guy was just lucky he hadnt played me

gave a happy cow at the end obviously