Page 58 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by patseguin View Post
    Just seems like they are making it a brainless game like they did with WoW.
    Ofc they do, because it attracts more people aka they make more money.

But thats also the way you should take the game, just not to serious. Its cool to kill time and sometimes you can have a blast with your own deck when some plan works out well.

I mean i never passed rank 10, but i really dont see the point why i should invest time to have a good rank. It just doesnt feel rewarding enough to be "good".

But after all i invest still a lot of time in just being shit somewhere between rank 10-15, by switching decks every like 3 games

People keep fucking saying that it doesn't make sense to play around MC tech in arena.

Just went 0-3. Every game I lost because MC tech would steal my strongest minion the first time I had 4+ minions that game, followed by removal on my second/strongest minion, this with a deck where I had no comeback mechanics at all so as soon as I lost the board the game was lost.

The odds of facing a deck with MC tech in it in the arena is in the several hundreds to one. Them having it in the top third of their hand is in the thousands to one. Them having it in their hand and it stealing the best minion is 4 times that again. That happening 3 games in a row...

Sigh. I hate these stupid cards so much.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    The odds of facing a deck with MC tech in it in the arena is in the several hundreds to one.
    What?

Them having it in the top third of their hand is in the thousands to one.
    Right...

I enjoy how I go to view my decks for Wild Mode and find all of my decks destroyed because rather than just grey out the cards that were changed, they took them out completely and I don't remember which cards I had in them.

Yay, thanks Blizzard.

Was going against a fatigue control warrior sometime last week that was pretty fun.

This was in Standard & I was running my take on a N'Zoth Pally. Most of the game went in my favor a good part of the time. Made sure I wasn't stupid by overextending my board & made the other guy use his first brawl of less important minions. Oozed his Gorehowl & got divine shield on my undamaged Ysera, along with an argent squire. By this point in the game he had used both shield slams, one execute, and one brawl. I guessing he didn't have enough tools in hand to both remove Ysera's shield then damage her again to execute so he had to brawl to get rid of her (which I was actually hoping he would do after I put down my squire, seeing as how I been sitting on N'Zoth forever waiting for both brawls to go away). Let him know the error of his ways & filled my board with N'Zoth, Tirion, Sylvannas, & some of those dudes who give divine shield upon death. Yeah, his Golden Monkey wasn't going to save him from that.

Good game for me, bad for him.

- - - Updated - - -

People keep fucking saying that it doesn't make sense to play around MC tech in arena.

Just went 0-3. Every game I lost because MC tech would steal my strongest minion the first time I had 4+ minions that game, followed by removal on my second/strongest minion, this with a deck where I had no comeback mechanics at all so as soon as I lost the board the game was lost.

The odds of facing a deck with MC tech in it in the arena is in the several hundreds to one. Them having it in the top third of their hand is in the thousands to one. Them having it in their hand and it stealing the best minion is 4 times that again. That happening 3 games in a row...

Sigh. I hate these stupid cards so much.
    In a format where mages can draft 2, 3, or even 4 Flamestrikes I would think overextending in arena should still be avoided :P

Really bad luck with those MCT's though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing arena, have the opponent at low hp and I have board control (only small minions, but enough to clear his minions). He plays Y'shaarj which produces a psych-o-tron, enough to stay alive for one more turn. His Y'shaarj then produces a bog creeper which is too much for my small minions to get past. I top deck a lava burst and I have spellpower on the board so I kill the bog creeper and sacrifice a minion, and drop him to two hp. He then top decks a sunwalker, GG. Kripp would have been proud of the "WHAT?!" I shouted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    Playing arena, have the opponent at low hp and I have board control (only small minions, but enough to clear his minions). He plays Y'shaarj which produces a psych-o-tron, enough to stay alive for one more turn. His Y'shaarj then produces a bog creeper which is too much for my small minions to get past. I top deck a lava burst and I have spellpower on the board so I kill the bog creeper and sacrifice a minion, and drop him to two hp. He then top decks a sunwalker, GG. Kripp would have been proud of the "WHAT?!" I shouted.
    I'm assuming the lava burst was not enough to finish him off outright?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I had three (I think) minions (non totem) on the board and would have lost them all downing the bog raider. Using lb (with a spellpower totem) on the raider allowed me to trade in a two attack minion and keep the other two alive to smorc whilst having a taunt totem up for his Y'shaarj to deal with. He won the top deck battle as well as lucking out on having a legendary and one which just happened to have the effect that it had (two taunt minions played for free).

Deleted
    I've litterally had to exit the game in a rage for the first time in years.
    Zoo, Paladin, Paladin, Shaman, Zoo, Paladin, Shaman, Zoo, Face hunter, Zoo, Paladin ...
    Just so much netdecking cancer I can't even. Every game had every perfect answer to what I had and I had none of mine.

Won one game and dropped like three ranks, just one of those nights.

Game has become seriously cancerous, tempted to give it a rest for a while. Alsmost worse than Shredder RNG bollocks right now.

Sylvanas Tyrion Nzoth HOW ORIGINAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    HOW ORIGINAL
    Talking about original...i love how original Cthun decks are. But after all...if its a Cthun deck or a face shaman/hunter and so on...i mean, something has to keep the noobs ingame

Deleted
    Zoo, Paladin, Paladin, Shaman, Zoo, Paladin, Shaman, Zoo, Face hunter, Zoo, Paladin ...
    Just so much netdecking cancer I can't even. Every game had every perfect answer to what I had and I had none of mine.

Game has become seriously cancerous, tempted to give it a rest for a while. Alsmost worse than Shredder RNG bollocks right now.

Which original non net deck are you playing?

Lost two games in a row to the same mage. Who won entirely on RNG, my rag both games hit face every single turn (Only 3 turns but still) with up to 4 minions on his side. His Cabalist tome on turn 9 gave him a poly for my ysera. His Flamewaker hit my rag twice after a fireball to keep his 3/4 on the board for 5 more turns. Really enjoyable to just watch them do several incorrect moves (Leaving several minions at 1 health to give me free trades instead of trading in 1 to my biggest threat, freezing face with water ele but then switching to kill a 1/1 of mine giving me a free trade in with the sword, and terrible keeps in opening hands) and then win because so many stupid cards are just in the game for no reason.

Deleted
    Ugh, I really hate playing against Priests.
    Not because they're overpowered or anything, but I never feel like I'm having fun (and I'm normally perfectly fine having fun while losing).

They're just so frustrating, stealing all your stuff. Then you try to bait, but they have shadow word pain, shadow word death, entomb, those mind-controllers. Bwegh :P

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Lost two games in a row to the same mage. Who won entirely on RNG, my rag both games hit face every single turn (Only 3 turns but still) with up to 4 minions on his side. His Cabalist tome on turn 9 gave him a poly for my ysera. His Flamewaker hit my rag twice after a fireball to keep his 3/4 on the board for 5 more turns. Really enjoyable to just watch them do several incorrect moves (Leaving several minions at 1 health to give me free trades instead of trading in 1 to my biggest threat, freezing face with water ele but then switching to kill a 1/1 of mine giving me a free trade in with the sword, and terrible keeps in opening hands) and then win because so many stupid cards are just in the game for no reason.
    I'm sure your opponent felt equally frustrated that your plays with rag hitting face that many times, despite them having so many minions up, was equally frustrating. Sounds like both of you guys won, or almost won, due to some really wacky rng :P

- - - Updated - - -

Putting Svylvanas, Tyrion, & N'Zoth in the same pally deck isn't net decking cancer, it is common sense. Any decent player knows all three of those cards are good & a quick look over at N'Zoth's effect would promptly inform most players that putting all three in the same deck would synergize well. Net decking has become too much of a buzz word, along with many other terms.

Also, what is considered "original"? Is it replacing just one card in your deck so it is different from the one on hearthpwn, subbing out 3 cards, 5 cards? Is it being the first person to draft a unique combo & use it with a certain class? Would it still be original if that combo was spreading & you were only among the first wave of people in that first 24 hours to use it, or if you still used it in the first week of it being posted? Does something being original require it to not hit legend or to be posted online? See how silly it quickly becomes to argue if something is original or not? There is no concrete definition for it in HS.

As for going up against the same decks on ladder, I do agree that it is frustrating/boring at times, but most people will net deck because they're most often laddering not just for fun, but for other goals/rewards as well (such as rank rewards or the legend card back). For the average player trying to draft a consistent deck all on your own typically impedes this process so it is not very appealing to not net deck.

EDIT: It should also go to show how ambiguous the term "cancer" is when after every single expansion & adventure the game is still somehow "cancerous". It doesn't matter if it is facehunter, smorc shaman, freeze mage, patron warrior, handlock, reno lock, tempo mage, or n'zoth pally, the decks are all "cancer".
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2016-05-22 at 05:50 PM.

Arena run.

And this fucking paladin discovers healing two turns in a row, to stay alive and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    I'm sure your opponent felt equally frustrated that your plays with rag hitting face that many times, despite them having so many minions up, was equally frustrating. Sounds like both of you guys won, or almost won, due to some really wacky rng :P
    Well when they are at at max health or very nearly rag hitting face even twice as Reno Paladin really isnt scary. There is no burst in my deck and it only hitting face was definitely worse for me then any other alternative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost against a nzoth/control pally as cthun warrior bc the phone interface wigged out and would not let me hero power one turn, every time I'd try to hit it would open my hand. This happens like once a week. Closing and opening the program and putting the phone to sleep and waking it back up dont fix it. We went into fatigue and I would have won with that...instead I lost.

15+ Year Old Account
    485/500 wins on mage, dedicate some time to just grind out the last couple

Two days of playing when I get time - on work breaks, bus trips etc

Check my wins now cuz I'm sure I've got the 15 already, or must be very close.

485/500

I've been playing Unranked by accident this whole time -.-
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I lost an Arena game because my opponent gets Eadric the Pure from the Pally discover a minion give it +1+1 card. He also top decked BGH when I had lethal the next turn.

Lost another Arena game that same run because my opponent got Dr. Boom from Mulch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just had a ridiculous amount of luck in ranked, I genuinely feel bad for my opponent. So I'm playing my own concoction of a Reno Elise C'Thun control warrior deck. No duplicates. I include shifter zerus in this build because it has the potential to be game changing and if not, it's +1 legendary for Elise. On turn 5, he shifts into Nexus-Champion Sarrad (5 mana, inspire gives you a random spell so perfect curve for that turn). He then plays a tomb pillager (5/4 body). So my turn 6 is inspire (2 mana) and this gives me mortal strike (4 damage for 4 mana). Perfect curve, perfect clear. He then plays an azure drake (4/4). I inspire again and this time I get the druid spell that gives 4 attack or 8 armor, another perfect counter. My final inspire before he killed it gives me doom - 10 mana kill all minions, draw +1 card for each killed minion. The following few turns make it clear he's playing an N'zoth deck and boom on his turn 10, he plays N'Zoth. At this point he is at 3 hp and has two taunts up and I have one minion alive. I don't have brawl in hand but I have 8 cards in hand including C'thun (unbuffed) so I have a massive advantage if I play doom. Too risky to play C'thun against a full board so I go ahead and pop doom. His board is cleared other than two 2/2 minions via deathrattle and I lose a bunch of cards. However, my tenth card to fill my hand was bash. Perfect lethal. I was cringing on his behalf, can only imagine his own reaction.

Mr Moose, if you're reading this, I'm sorry!