Page 1 of 108
... LastLast

The I Just Had a Bad Game/RNG/Need To Vent Thread!

Was just gonna make another complaining thread but then I thought these pop up enough we might as well consolidate them in one thread.

Onto my complaints:

For the third time in two days I broke a shredder and a millhouse popped out against me. 3 times they get the best possible card, when the odds of it happening once of the 10 or so times it happened isn't that high. Last game I would have almost assuredly won, but had to eat 4 damage on a minion, then use swipe to deal with a 4 mana card.

I've got undertaker into two 1 mana deathrattles to kill my 2/3 the past few days I have no idea how many times. No matter what style deck I play, if I put out a 2/3 after they put a undertaker out they have had it 100% of the time recently. I made a deck specifically to see if I get to this to happen for me once and I couldn't do it, not even once.

Ragnaros is still good enough to warrant putting on some of my decks even with it almost never hitting the desired target. But mostly it is just the most annoying thing in the game no matter which of us play it.

People top decking the perfect card, spamming sorry for 30 seconds then playing it.

Someone the other day took about 5-10 seconds to play out their cards each turn then waited the entire 90 seconds before playing again. After I conceded after getting annoyed the guy added me said: LOL REKT, then dropped me from friends. And of course there is no system in place to actually punish these people.

As an aside RNG is the worst part of this game by far and it seems Blizzard only wants to add more. Which will only serve to hurt the competitive side of the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 hordes of YoloRag

Was spectating a mate's game where he had complete board control and two Mirror Images up vs a 1hp Warrior with enraged Grom on board and no cards. Warrior topdecks Brawl and the only one of seven minions on board left is, naturally, Grom.

Was a right shame as my mate is very new but was playing very well, making most of the plays I would.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Someone the other day took about 5-10 seconds to play out their cards each turn then waited the entire 90 seconds before playing again. After I conceded after getting annoyed the guy added me said: LOL REKT, then dropped me from friends. And of course there is no system in place to actually punish these people.
    Yes these people (if we can call them people) are doing it to get some free wins like this.
    There should be a way to report such players if it were up to me. After enough reports they get a punishment.

Also I find the mage audio annoying, no matter what she says, to me it comes across as sarcasm.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Inb4 hordes of YoloRag

Was spectating a mate's game where he had complete board control and two Mirror Images up vs a 1hp Warrior with enraged Grom on board and no cards. Warrior topdecks Brawl and the only one of seven minions on board left is, naturally, Grom.

Was a right shame as my mate is very new but was playing very well, making most of the plays I would.
    What's worse is when a Warrior uses Brawl against a board of ~7 minions and the only one left is Kel Thuzad.I have had 2 games, where it happened to me and one where it happened to the person I was playing that occurred in the same day.

Yeah well shit happens in HS.. Just went 5-1 in Arena with somewhat decent paladin and the got pwned by 2x disconnects in a row

If someone is deliberately wasting time and trying to force you to concede best thing in the long run is to play out the game. If you concede you are only reinforcing their behaviour and they will keep doing it. Just go do something else while you are waiting. Most times I get players like these when they realise I'm not going to concede they just play on normally after a few turns, remember it's their time they're wasting as well as yours.

For me, it tends to just be a case of climbing like 3-5 ranks, then hitting a brick wall of people with perfect openings for the next 4 games, or until I just decide to call it a night. Happens almost every time. I will have tweaked my deck and mixed a few cards in/out, beat the decks I've been coming up against, then find my own deck is completely flaccid against the following players.

Paladin. You're either winning hard or not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    For me, it tends to just be a case of climbing like 3-5 ranks, then hitting a brick wall of people with perfect openings for the next 4 games, or until I just decide to call it a night. Happens almost every time. I will have tweaked my deck and mixed a few cards in/out, beat the decks I've been coming up against, then find my own deck is completely flaccid against the following players.

Paladin. You're either winning hard or not at all.

Thats the most retarded thing in Hearthstone. All the rush decks (and there is so many atm, because GvG cards are mostly about lolrush) with lucky openers.
    Mages with mechs, deathrattle hunters, zoolocks... its destroying the game.

So after a day of work i sit down at my PC looking forward to some games, then i lose 3 times right away on turn 5 because i didnt pull that specific card to counter a skillrush, while my opponent keeps spamming "im sorry".

Its sad that the game offers such a variety of cards but ends up in play FotM or Anti-FotM.

Anyway back to the topic: Yesterday i got behind very quick to a mage to apoint where it seems i cant get back into the game. Somehow i managed and was with a almost fullboard and a ragnaros one turn from the killing blow. I had 14 HP left. He used Fireball in my face then faceless manipulator on my ragnaros, which out of 6 targets picket me to shoot on o-m-g.

Not drawing one of two deaths vs a warrior who puts rag down then spams well played and sorry as I have zero ways to remove it. This happens every single game vs control decks, where I always draw auchenai+circle which ends up doing very little to nothing. But of course when i am facing rush I have two deaths and a mind control cause fuck me.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Not drawing one of two deaths vs a warrior who puts rag down then spams well played and sorry as I have zero ways to remove it. This happens every single game vs control decks, where I always draw auchenai+circle which ends up doing very little to nothing. But of course when i am facing rush I have two deaths and a mind control cause fuck me.
    Fun thing is, that blizzard disabled any chat option so ppl cant hate on each other (which is ofc reasonable) but on the other hand gave us totally retarded emotes (besides the greeting)...

So while you have the possibility to "talk" you cannever express what would like to say, what is kind of frustrating while you can easily abuse the emotes just to annoy others.

I still think very neutral and way more fun/appropriate emotes would have been possible...like a simple "thx for the game"...just this one emote would make my game so much more satisfying

Deleted
    FFS!!!!!! 11-2 on paladin in arena. I wore mage down to 4 health why I'm at 14. He unstable portals tirion while I have nothing left to counter it. Managed to kill tirion and the weapon kicked my ass... fuck you rng.

gvg brought some insane losses to me. like the shaman, in arena no less, coined out zapomatic, i had no 2drop on a priest, he dropped another zapomatic, i dropped my harvest golem, he went flametongue rockbiter gg ... also had plenty of coined out warpers into early overwhelming board resulting in t5/6 losses...

Deleted
    After 6 runs of 1-3 wins i managed to get to 9 , what was my reward you ask? 2 commons in the random bags(besides the guaranteed gold and pack) and inside the pack 4 commons and a rare. I laughed, i cried , i puked in my mouth a little. Enough hearthstone for today i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Galvayra View Post
    After 6 runs of 1-3 wins i managed to get to 9 , what was my reward you ask? 2 commons in the random bags(besides the guaranteed gold and pack) and inside the pack 4 commons and a rare. I laughed, i cried , i puked in my mouth a little. Enough hearthstone for today i guess
    Mm.. It happens.. My last 11-3 gave me 205 gold.

I had a priest thoughtsteal Unstable Portal, Get Antonidas from that portal on turn 5, after I killed it he managed to thoughtsteal another Antonidas, and I just lost all hope after that

Am thinking of starting my very own salt mine.. Today has been so crappy for me in Arena.. People playing so goddamn reckless all the time and don't get punished while I don't draw the answers, which are in my deck.. For instance Mage casted Fireball on my face at 22 hp and didn't have any more spells(he won cause I didn't draw any of my decent cards though), So yeah GG

Priest uses Mind Control Tech and takes my 14/2 Frothing Berserker instead of an Ironsmith, Acolyte of Pain, or Taskmaster. Priest uses Mind Control Tech again and takes my Shieldmaiden instead of the same 3 other cards. That game in general, I don't think the Priest played any of his own cards the whole game other than his Mind Control Techs and a Mind Control. Everything else was something Thoughtstolen or Mind Visioned.

Also, even though I won, I played a Druid who had 2 Healing Touches, used both Ancients of Lore to heal himself, and had a Tree of Life...
    Last edited by Taalyn; 2015-01-12 at 01:59 PM.

^^ reminds me of a frustrating arena game, was playing shaman, had already terrible luck early game with draws and was barely holding on at couple of HP, while the mage was still sitting at almost 30 and I finally managed to get a hold on my board, two totems, piloted shredder and argus, but since I really needed to put on a pressure before he topdecked any nuke, I played the skygolem I just draw, too. next turn he topdecked MCT, took skygolem, then rewinded him with spare part, used againt and took my shredder...

I played against a druid who i got down to 1 health, me still at 29. He plays that stupid heal everything to full card. got him down to 6 again but ran out of steam.

Freeze/secret mage. IMO i played a perfectly game as rogue, even used a healbot, and didnt really clear more than one minion. still i got nuked down by a mage. its the most disgusting deck in hearthstone and have nothing to do with a board game.