The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see this expansion is enabling some of the most annoying deck variants to come to fruition. Like we need more OTK decks and heavy-taunt decks. That’s fun for everyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollermittens View Post
    Glad to see this expansion is enabling some of the most annoying deck variants to come to fruition. Like we need more OTK decks and heavy-taunt decks. That’s fun for everyone.
    If there weren't Control decks, Aggro would run rampant
    If there weren't OTK/Combo decks, Control would run rampant
    If there weren't Aggro decks, OTK would... yeah, you get the picture

Each deck archetype exists as a counter to something and is countered by something else in turn. Having all of it in the game is healthy.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    If there weren't Control decks, Aggro would run rampant
    If there weren't OTK/Combo decks, Control would run rampant
    If there weren't Aggro decks, OTK would... yeah, you get the picture

Each deck archetype exists as a counter to something and is countered by something else in turn. Having all of it in the game is healthy.
    except druids, who have 100% win rate against everything God Mode in Hearthstone

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, come on now, let's not utter the "but control metas are important" line that has been proven wrong time and time again. Vast majority of the playerbase hates control metas and for the right reasons. I hate Pirate Warrior and other stupid aggro decks as much as the next guy but I'd rather lose in 4 turns than in 20 turns.

We all remember MSOG. That was a fun control meta right? Who doesn't miss Jade Druid? Or Reno decks? You know, drawing a card before Turn 6 that enables you to live twice. Super fun design.

What about Raza Priest (I'll be honest, that's the only deck that I ever reached Legend with because it was just fun cheesing your way through the game and doing 40+ damage in one turn).

HS is a dumpster fire of a game. There's no skill to pilot the simple decks. Just a little knowledge about the game and other decks to pilot control/ OTK/ slower decks so you can generate the correct settings to produce a victory. It's a stupid, mindless game that rewards time invested instead of actually being good. That's not new or surprising though, that's just the formula for all Blizzard games.

I spent over $3,000 on this game and I'm pretty mad at myself for it. I hate it. I've never raged at a game so hard because I've never really played too many games where so many mechanics aren't possible to counter or simply because luck and a technology-based, biased RNG system decided you should draw the right card, at the right time, to completely obliterate your opponent even though you outplayed that same person on every turn. Yeah, that's fun. Luck deciding whether you win or not.
    Last edited by lollermittens; 2018-12-06 at 07:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vast majority of the playerbase hates control metas and for the right reasons.
    Ah yes, the old "this is my opinion and I've seen a couple of posts on reddit that share this opinion, so therefore everybody in the entire playerbase must obviously have the same opinion as me" argument.

A classic. Never gets tiring at all, to be sure.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Ah yes, the old "this is my opinion and I've seen a couple of posts on reddit that share this opinion, so therefore everybody in the entire playerbase must obviously have the same opinion as me" argument.

A classic. Never gets tiring at all, to be sure.
    Majority of HS players are people who play while on the shitter.

That's folks who aren't spending time configuring HS Deck Tracker, looking up meta decks, reading VS, or trying to hit Legend. You could make a case that there's a sizeable playerbase who spends time reaching Rank 5 each month to get the rewards but given the amount of net decking players who obviously have spent money on their collections stuck at Rank 10 to 5, I stick by my opinion that given this is a phone game and most likely used the most on that same platform, it's a casual player base.

And what does your casual player play most regularly? Aggro and midrange decks because they're cheaper to make and easier to play.

Control decks are prohibitively expensive, harder to navigate, and require the player to have good knowledge of other meta decks to anticipate cards that can turn the game around if you decide to push for tempo, spread your board, or try to shift the game in your favor.

There's a reason why we haven't seen a control meta probably since the Arthas expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's a reason why we haven't seen a control meta probably since the Arthas expansion.
    According to HSR statistics, the most-played deck in Standard at the moment is Spell Hunter - a Control deck

In fact, in the list of 20 "most played" cards for Standard, you see a couple staples like Fire Fly, Tar Creeper, Chain Gang, Stonehill Defender etc and FOURTEEN OF THE REST ARE SPELL HUNTER CARDS

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spell Hunter is not a control deck. It's a spell-based mid-range deck since everything plays on curve pretty damn well. We'll agree to disagree.

Also, hsreplay.net is not a good representation of the players who play on mobile since the add-on can't be used on phones.

I deranked all the way to 20 since I haven't played in a few months and the 10 or so games I played yesterday, I didn't match up against one Spell Hunter.

I'm not really sure why players like you who are all about slow, boring, contrived control metas think that everyone likes control metas better.
    Last edited by lollermittens; 2018-12-06 at 10:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lolwut... tempo decks rely on getting board presence early and keeping it through efficient trades, continuously maintaining presence and winning with value. The old Spiteful Priest was a midrange deck. Elemental Mage is a midrange deck. Spell Hunter is not - it stalls early with traps and shots and most of its power lies in the turn 10 Zuljin boardclear + refill, and infinite late value from DK Rexxar.

Also, you don't even SEE the meta at Rank 20, plus Spell Hunter is an expensive deck so it wouldn't be as prolific in the newbie ranks.

Spell Hunter is not a control deck. It's a spell-based mid-range deck since everything plays on curve pretty damn well. We'll agree to disagree.

Also, hsreplay.net is not a good representation of the players who play on mobile since the add-on can't be used on phones.

I deranked all the way to 20 since I haven't played in a few months and the 10 or so games I played yesterday, I didn't match up against one Spell Hunter.

I'm not really sure why players like you who are all about slow, boring, contrived control metas think that everyone likes control metas better.
    Lmao. HS Replay tracks hundreds of thousands of games daily. With numbers that high, you don't need to see mobile data. Do you even know how statistics work?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm strictly discussing games played by casual players who obviously play on mobile instead of PC and aren't using third-party add-ons to either track their cards or games. That mobile data isn't tracked by anyone but Blizzard as far as we know it.

Moreover, Aggro and midrange decks are way easier to learn, play, build than control decks. That's just a fact and undeniable.

And, yes, I know how statistics work. Just because hsreplay captures a subset of data in a completely uncontrolled manner (especially since it doesn't include the majority of mobile players which is the preferred way of playing the game in the first place), the site does not represent an accurate representation of the entire population of HS in any way or form. If your data is displayed on hsreplay.net, you are not representative of the majority of the playerbase and creating statistics based off such data is skewed and biased, as stated by Blizzard numerous times when people kept trying to claim that Jade Druid (during the release of UI and unnerfed SP) and other dominant decks during the Arthas meta were representative of the entirety of the ladder by using data pulled from hsreplay to make their point.

And what was Blizzard's response during the shitstorm? That their data showed completely different results and that fucking Midrange Hunter was actually the most played deck overall at the time of Jade Druid's dominance.

Seems like you're the one who has no idea how real statistical analyses work by thinking that hsreplay is an accurate representation of the very diversified HS player base that has access to the game on three different platforms.
    Last edited by lollermittens; 2018-12-07 at 12:19 AM.

Wow new expansion, new cards, new possibilities...

I just met 3 druids in a row that played decks with many taunts while getting a lot of armor...so exciting!So new!So inovative!

So after playing meanwhile over 70 games in the new solo content i reached maximum opponent 7.
    I think the game mode is fun, but compared to the last one, where i managed pretty quick to win with some classes its just different.

Mostly i lose to complete unforseen rng stuff...also the cards you get offered dont really seem to play together that well. Last time it was possible to pick a theme & strategy

I love HS right now. Playing as a priest..
    Against a Warlock: 9 HP left on turn 4. Dead on turn 5.
    Against another warlock the match after: Dead on turn 5, again. Every Warlock seem to get the healing cards and Lightwarden in their starting hand, every time.
    Against a shammy a few rounds after: Dead on turn 8, didn't draw a single deathrattle.
    Against a Rogue today: Spiders, spiders everywhere! Dead on turn 5 again. Perfect hand again.
    Against (yet another..) hunter today: Dead on round 5. Boom, perfect hand again.

Edit: Played against yet another huntard just now. Of course he started with both his summon animal companion which gave him Huffer both times. Of course he had a secret up which sent my minion back to my hand. Of course I died, yet again, on turn 5 =P

Oh, the humanity!

Edit x2: Oh this is awesome. Next game is against another huntard. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
    Alright, so far so good. I'm still alive on turn two. I think his deck is bugged, no minions out on the board for him and it's turn three already. Might have to send a bug report to Blizzard.
    Aand there it goes down the drain. Of course he topdecked a Candleshot weapon & set the HP of my taunt minion to 1. As well as dealing 3 damage the following turn to my remaining minion of course, summoning the 3/3 wolf for him.
    Turn 5: Kill Command & set me down to 17 HP. Things are going back to normal I see. Of course another Flanking Strike with another 3/3 wolf as well as Deadly Shotting a random minion for me, the only one I had on the board
    Turn 6: Another Deadly Shot, killing the one minion I had yet again..
    Turn 7: Eaglehorn Bow and the single wolf he had finished me off.

Lovely RNG. More I say, Moar! xD
    Last edited by Danish; 2019-01-07 at 07:54 PM.

Deleted
    long live yugioh :P

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I really wish Whizbang on Wild would use old decks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Danish View Post
    Against another warlock the match after: Dead on turn 5, again. Every Warlock seem to get the healing cards and Lightwarden in their starting hand, every time.
    Against a shammy a few rounds after: Dead on turn 8, didn't draw a single deathrattle.
    Against a Rogue today: Spiders, spiders everywhere! Dead on turn 5 again. Perfect hand again.
    Against (yet another..) hunter today: Dead on round 5. Boom, perfect hand again.

Edit: Played against yet another huntard just now. Of course he started with both his summon animal companion which gave him Huffer both times. Of course he had a secret up which sent my minion back to my hand. Of course I died, yet again, on turn 5 =P

Oh, the humanity!

Edit x2: Oh this is awesome. Next game is against another huntard. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
    Alright, so far so good. I'm still alive on turn two. I think his deck is bugged, no minions out on the board for him and it's turn three already. Might have to send a bug report to Blizzard.
    Aand there it goes down the drain. Of course he topdecked a Candleshot weapon & set the HP of my taunt minion to 1. As well as dealing 3 damage the following turn to my remaining minion of course, summoning the 3/3 wolf for him.
    Turn 5: Kill Command & set me down to 17 HP. Things are going back to normal I see. Of course another Flanking Strike with another 3/3 wolf as well as Deadly Shotting a random minion for me, the only one I had on the board

That's how they get your money, make you think you can win, but never do.

Quote Originally Posted by Danish View Post

Oh, the humanity!

good idea to play 1 big minion vs spell hunters, no way they can deal with it via mark or deadly shots....try playing more than 1 minion a wide board will help, just don't smack face and immolation trap won't wipe your board.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    good idea to play 1 big minion vs spell hunters, no way they can deal with it via mark or deadly shots....try playing more than 1 minion a wide board will help, just don't smack face and immolation trap won't wipe your board.
    M8, he was playing priest. The only hope a priest deck has vs hunters is that
    1) He has an awful start and you are able to 1 shot combo him via OTK priest
    2) You are able to steal DK Rexxar and outvalue him
    3) He DCs

Playing a normal game is out of the picture.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but last night I was playing an arena game. As the match began, it told me I got disconnected and then it reconnected to the game. We play the entire game, and I win. The person conceded. Except, instead of going to the arena queue to play another match where I would have been 4-2, it popped up 45 gold and a pack of cards, as if I lost the match and it was giving me my "rewards". Has anyone experienced that before?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__