sorry to bring his back to life but i had nowwhere else

control warrior vs dragon warrior, he plays ysera early on, i kill it immediately.

gets dow to fatigue, i have a lot of armour, he has 2 cards more, i play archivis and get probably average cards.

he plays his, i get a hecklebot off DD and it shows a nomi, no issu i have two brawls.

he plays omega assembly from achivist, puts nomi down and ysera had given him thre return to hand one.

brawl and DD gives me cthun. he plays a few to get rid of my next bawl, i have nothing left then nomi comes again, rush cthun into one, still have plenty of armour, archivist gave him zephyrys, lust GG

This was from a few months back, been meaning to post the screenshot for a while.

If I remember correctly the Warrior just conceded.

This was one of those games where it's like your opponent is constantly hitting the same emote every two seconds, except the frustration came from not being able to kill a bloody totem, and it's constantly flooding your opponent's hand with lackeys. Came off a 3-game win-streak, so naturally my deck threw all my useful cards to the bottom of the pile, and wasn't giving me anything helpful.

"Are those her boobs, or did a couple of zeppelins land on her chest?"

Quote Originally Posted by Silriel View Post
    Came off a 3-game win-streak, so naturally my deck threw all my useful cards to the bottom of the pile, and wasn't giving me anything helpful.
    Is this thing rigged? It seems to be happening all the time after winning a lot..

Well in any case, I hate Zephyr. It's like an I win button and it's impossible to play around. At the very least, they should make it so it can't discover cards from other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    Is this thing rigged? It seems to be happening all the time after winning a lot..

Well in any case, I hate Zephyr. It's like an I win button and it's impossible to play around. At the very least, they should make it so it can't discover cards from other classes.
    Agreed. Zephyr and the new Alex are such bullshit cards. No way to plan for them, they just hand the opponent whatever they need to turn the game around.

Alltogether I find that the game is turning more and more away from a skill based tactical game to "I generate 10 random cards now and if lucky I win". Especially when playing against mages it is reaching absurd levels these days. Every card generates random spells or random minions, sometimes for ridicolously low costs. Mages simply aren't running out of hand cards anymore, so playing a control game against them is pointless.

Basically in modern HS you are not building a deck you are building a random number generator and pray for luck. There is no strategy or tactic, there is being lucky or not being lucky.

On top of that if you want to play a Control game, forget it. Playing big minions with powerful effects is pointless when cards like Devolving Missiles remove them for 1 Mana while the power creep of 1 and 2 Mana minions continues and promotes Aggro as the only sensible way to play. Why think about tactics when you can just go face and kill the opponent on turn 5?

Nah, HS developed into a very bad direction in recent years. Only Battlegrounds and Solo content allow for a measure of fun and the Duels could be fun too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every Reno Priest in Wild should have their game uninstalled as soon as they queue/construct that deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Every Reno Priest in Wild should have their game uninstalled as soon as they queue/construct that deck.
    You could put Sir Finnley and grizzled wizard in your deck. Reno priests are pretty slow. It's always fun to replace their hero power with something lame like summon totem.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish Blizzard would come up with a different archetype to support for priests than Rez Priest. They're so predictable but so annoying to play against.

battlegrounds, just saw a kalecgos on 3 stars and 7 or 8 mana

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I wish Blizzard would come up with a different archetype to support for priests than Rez Priest. They're so predictable but so annoying to play against.
    Res priest is fine, it's predictable and can very easily be countered. Steal priest is annoying as hell though. Luckily they're not that common any more at rank 5 and up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    well they did,they added a bunch of aggro options to priest,been having a lot of fun out facing dh and hunters,and also value priests are a thing,res isnt the only archetype,dunno if the win % are the same,but dont forget,it doesnt matter how high of a win rate a slow control deck has,aggro will always be faster to progress with

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate how many decks in the current meta revolve around cheating out huge boards on like turns 4-6.

All just a part of life. One of the toughest things to learn is understanding that RNG also goes in your favor, despite it looking like nothing going right some days. Things will get better, I promise

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been a very frustrating meta for me. I typically hover between 50-60% winrates in my decks but this expansion I've been between 40-50%. I feel the rng swings are extraordinarily high and I haven't been able to adapt. It's a part of the game and I accept my losses without much complaint, but I am eager for the current expansion to end.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    This has been a very frustrating meta for me. I typically hover between 50-60% winrates in my decks but this expansion I've been between 40-50%. I feel the rng swings are extraordinarily high and I haven't been able to adapt. It's a part of the game and I accept my losses without much complaint, but I am eager for the current expansion to end.
    Yea, feels like there is way too much RNG now and it sucks when you're 1 turn from a win and the opponents pulls some stupid spin the Yogg for the win or puzzle box move and wins. Also there is too much random card generation overall and personally I can't wait for Zephyr to go away. I hate that card with passion.

Came back after not playing for well over a year and messing around in standard.
    Seems like 80%+ of decks are agro (the reason i stopped playing) or 10-15% priest and it's fucking awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Came back after not playing for well over a year and messing around in standard.
    Seems like 80%+ of decks are agro (the reason i stopped playing) or 10-15% priest and it's fucking awful.
    We're in for a GIGANTIC shift in gameplay throughout the rest of the month. The meta is frustrating for sure but hold out a couple of weeks and let's see how it looks after. It'll be the biggest shift in hearthstone history I reckon.

Any time I see Soul Fragments it already makes me rage.

There's just something irritating about watching someone go from like 10 hp back to 26 because they just chain drew all of the Soul Fragments they shuffled into their deck.

To tack onto that, finally got the achievement to get all results from Wheel of Yogg, was missing the Pyroblast one.

Of course, 3 pyroblasts hit me in the face while the opponent only got one to theirs.

what ive taken away from for first few hours of the new expansion.

-Warlock is just stupid right now with new Jaraxxus
    -People who i can only assume were dropped on their heads multiple times as a child still continue to play hunter and rush face.
    -I'll just instant concede whenever someone plays a watch post because id rather take the loss than play against that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    what ive taken away from for first few hours of the new expansion.

-Warlock is just stupid right now with new Jaraxxus
    -People who i can only assume were dropped on their heads multiple times as a child still continue to play hunter and rush face.
    -I'll just instant concede whenever someone plays a watch post because id rather take the loss than play against that shit.
    Not managed to play anything yet, what is so bad about watch post? All the posts looked so underwhelming when they were revealed
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.