[RESTO] Haste breakpoint going away for WG.

• Restoration

Wild Growth healing should now smoothly increase with Haste instead of having breakpoints. Total healing for the ability will vary slightly depending how much Haste the Druid had previously; with healing increasing slightly for most Druids.

I'm a relatively new resto druid, and wonder what this will do to our stat prioritising now? (Am I right in thinking this makes haste absolutely number one stat over mastery?)
    Or if anyone could shed some light on how to interpret this information in a useful way.

I don't think there's ever been an absolute answer as to whether haste or mastery is best for us. Basically, they're both incredible stats. It largely depends on your play style, and comfort zones. A lot of the gear in HM right now has quite a lot of haste on it already, so there are a number of us gemming/enchanting full mastery to get the stats a little more even. I don't think WGs breakpoint being removed is really going to affect how we gear, or prioritize. We just don't have to worry about hitting that one breakpoint, not that it was difficult to begin with considering gear options this tier. Druids who favor haste will still go haste, and those who appreciate more mastery will do our thing too. But I don't think there's any major difference in hps numbers to say that haste is by far superior...

mastery affects all heals other than DoC

haste affects hots and mushroom while increasing the cast speed but not the hpm of direct heals and provides more clearcasring procs

mastery is by far better

the bigger question is how haste goes up against crit and multistrike, and the fact that having a decent amount of haste for shorter gcds is very nice in general

haste does not affect tranq (20%~) and the small 5-10% of direct healing, but it buffs shroom, rejuv, and wg which are our main heals in regular healing intense situations, so it's likely better than those 2, although not by a large factor, so in regards to total healing done, it's about as good as versatility, but in reality should be ranked a bit ahead of crit/multi

and as I said above, keep a decent amount of haste or else it just isn't pleasant to play

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post

haste affects hots and mushroom while increasing the cast speed but not the hpm of direct heals and provides more clearcasring procs

mastery is by far better

the bigger question is how haste goes up against crit and multistrike, and the fact that having a decent amount of haste for shorter gcds is very nice in general

haste does not affect tranq (20%~) and the small 5-10% of direct healing, but it buffs shroom, rejuv, and wg which are our main heals in regular healing intense situations, so it's likely better than those 2, although not by a large factor, so in regards to total healing done, it's about as good as versatility, but in reality should be ranked a bit ahead of crit/multi

and as I said above, keep a decent amount of haste or else it just isn't pleasant to play
    I wouldnt go as far as to say haste is just as bad as versatility, also haste is quite a good stat, I prefer mastery myself, but I like to keep haste and mastery quite even. Then multistrike semi high (meaning that the stat itself is just about as good as mastery when you have high amounts of mastery and low multi), crit "way below" (3-7%) then versatility about 10% less than the other stats.

Deleted
    i dont really dislike versatility its a % raw healing insted of a rng healing boost, so if i had to choose to increse 5% my healing or 6 / 7 % or even 10% of the time do 30% more healing i would prefer the 5% its just RNG

This always ends in a haste/mastery vs other secondaries discussion. I think the thing most people are interested in, at least myself, is what consumables/gems/enchants should be used now. A lot of people seem to favor mastery. Is there any math clearly showing this is the correct way to do it? Or are people gemming/enchanting haste simply because "mastery affects all stats, therefor its better"?

I think about a month ago there was a reply showing that balancing the two stats was optimal, can't seem to find that post now.

mastery is by far better
    That conclusion is completely wrong. The question is: do you need to increase the HPM of tranquility? Its HPM is so absurdly high that I would argue it doesn't matter. Haste does increase its HPS by making the cast faster, whis is often desirable (e.g. when you need to cast it on the move during Fox, when you cannot guarantee 8 seconds of standing still, or when the damage comes in rather quickly).

Since our direct healing is usually below 10%, and for all our hots haste is much stronger than mastery, saying mastery is far better than haste is clearly wrong. Most people value both about equal, and you should definitely not stack one or the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    Is there any math clearly showing this is the correct way to do it? Or are people gemming/enchanting haste simply because "mastery affects all stats, therefor its better"?
    There is no simple answer to that, because it depends on too many factors. How good haste or mastery are for you depends on how much of that stat you already have, what your healing distribution is, and what you want to achieve.
    You can get an exact answer if you can plug in your healing distribution and stats into HealerCalcs and then see what an increase in one of the stats would give you. If you only plug your stats, you use Hamlet's default configuration, which may not be optimal for you.

How you personally weigh haste vs. mastery depends on your view of tranquility. If you exclude tranq, haste clearly wins over mastery in all regards. For tranq, mastery gives you more healing (and HPM), while haste gets the healing out faster. So mastery makes the tranq hit harder, while haste makes it faster. (Mastery is generally viewed as better here, the question is how much).

You also need to consider the linear scaling of the stats ("diminishing returns"). If you weigh haste and mastery as exactly equal, you want to have 700 haste more than mastery: Because of high base mastery and buff, one point haste gives more than one point mastery up to (about) that point. So, even if you say "mastery is better than haste", you still don't want to stack it, because at some point it will still get worse (due to DR).
    Personally, I think keeping the (unbuffed) rating of both stats close together is currently the best way to go. And I don't replace all my enchants just because I got a new item with one or the other stat.

This always ends in a haste/mastery vs other secondaries discussion. I think the thing most people are interested in, at least myself, is what consumables/gems/enchants should be used now. A lot of people seem to favor mastery. Is there any math clearly showing this is the correct way to do it? Or are people gemming/enchanting haste simply because "mastery affects all stats, therefor its better"?

I think about a month ago there was a reply showing that balancing the two stats was optimal, can't seem to find that post now.
    that's about where it is, mastery is 88 rating for a 0.86-0.7% increase in current gear levels (this is factoring the base 10%)

and haste is good in relevant situations, and is right now about 96 rating for a 0.96-0.8% increase to relelvant heals in current gear

it's just that nowadays crit and multi aren't awfully far behind either crit is like 10% with none from gear

crit is at about 110 rating for for about 0.9-0.8% in current gear since nobody is stacking it

multi is 66 rating for 0.56-0.5% increase (we have no base multi %, so the first few % have pretty nice value but still behind the others)

(these percent ranges try to summarize the value it might have to increase healing between 0 gear and highmaul, also I expect mastery and haste to go high enough by the end of the xpac that all 4 stats are about equal

yeah though hpm on tranq doesnt matter but I was mostly referring to just total throughput and I didn't realize I worded it in a way that said mastery was so much better, ty thaldor for correction

in general though keeping haste around 10% below mastery is fairly optimal as far as I can tell as general rule, but it'll obviously change around as your gear does (this means the ratings will be about equal, but the percents will differ because of the base 10% mastery)

and don't worry too much about taking crit or multi, especially if you do like DoC they're not awfully far behind (about 25% worse, and that gap lessens as you get more haste/mastery on other gear), and haste/crit are a bit less optimal for more tank healing centered fights, but tank healing intense fights are rarely a major healing progression roadblock anyways

We are converging against playstyles where our static heals are either free or used to keep Harmony up. Tranquility usually caps out into overhealing. Taking Mastery over Haste for better tranqs involves sacrificing regular HoT healing. I'm sceptical.

Haste increases healing on HoTs, as well as shortening the GCD, thus increasing HPS on rejuv-blanketing proportional to its square.

All fights have situations where you cast rejuvs while being gcd-capped.

My vote goes to Haste, atleast to the point where it is equal to Mastery.

- - - Updated - - -

haste is good in relevant situations, and is right now about 96 rating for a 0.96-0.8% increase to relelvant heals in current gear
    It's 100/(1.05^2)=90.7, since the Haste buff is multiplicative.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any math clearly showing this is the correct way to do it?
    Maximising the healing and HPM of our HoTs involves having Haste and Mastery almost equal, with Mastery ahead a few percent.

Best choice of secondary stats all depends on mana, encounter, talents, overhealing profile and thus there's no clear answer in any case. Second of all, the math behind it is non-trivial enough to make it unsuitable for this forum: The secondary stat profile that maximise the raw healing of 1 Rejuvenation, WG or Mushroom cast, which can be a useful reference point, is when they are balanced out so that the ratio of their buffed coefficients equals the inverse ratio of their cost. More here.
    Last edited by Hildrande; 2015-01-09 at 04:05 PM.