Destro Needs Health Funnel Back

I tend to use my pet for tanking when pve'ing and the removal of health funnel makes it very difficult to keep my pet alive. Having burning embers be the only way to heal our pet in destro is a terrible idea. The burning embers are for self heals and damage, and should never have been connected with healing our pet. having to use a burning ember just to heal my pet is bad.

I've noticed small issues like this with the warlock class this whole expansion. People keep talking about buffing warlocks damage but that's not really a problem. The issues warlock have are mostly Quality of life issues. Like health funnel gone for destro, which in turn makes healing our pet harder. There are other issues(Like how the abyssal is a worse tank than our voidlord)but I feel they are not related to how much damage a warlock can do. And those are the issues that should be looked into and fixed by blizzard.

Whoever thought of using up a damage resource as a self heal should be taken out for a beating. And the fact that they added it as the sole pet heal for Destro means that the beating should be recorded and posted on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    Whoever thought of using up a damage resource as a self heal should be taken out for a beating. And the fact that they added it as the sole pet heal for Destro means that the beating should be recorded and posted on YouTube.
    Confirmed legit Blizz brainstorming sessions for Warlocks changes http://i.imgur.com/VHlPuJN.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    What. Having to sacrifice damage in order to heal yourself is a damn fine mechanic.

What is not, is the pathetic pet heal perk as a replacement for health funnel.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Putting pathetic fanbois, white knight nitwits, and cunt anti-flyers on /ignore
    Add it to the list of horrible things deliberately perpetrated by blizz in order to make playing your warlock as unpleasant as possible.

Using Ember Tap heals you for a pathetic pittance. Your demon gets healed for 20% of that pathetic pittance.

Consider banking an ember and using it on Flames of Xoroth when your pet dies. Hopefully your pet isn't dying more than once every 60 seconds.
    Last edited by hiramloram; 2015-01-09 at 01:47 AM.

Ember Tap Perk is a total joke. I doubt it was tested before implementation at all.

Ember tap was just yet another ability that got boned by a poorly thought out talent.

Without charred remains it could be buffed up to similar levels as it was at before. With charred remains, it would be impossible to kill a warlock without globaling it, making it OP as fvck for both PVE and PVP

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    What. Having to sacrifice damage in order to heal yourself is a damn fine mechanic.

I think that it actually sucks because you become balanced around eating damage to the face and spamming offheals like a turd instead of intelligently kiting your opponents with a "secondary" rotation to use that deals less damage but allows for more mobility.

Agreed. It's fine having to sacrifice some damage for self heals, it's a choice that requires thought at times (though I barely ever use it in raids or anything). But it heals for so little. Tanking elites with my Voidwalker, using Charred Remains, and I can't keep my pet up still.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Putting pathetic fanbois, white knight nitwits, and cunt anti-flyers on /ignore
    Blizz doesn't want you to employ the mechanic you've been used to for so long. They're concerned you might accomplish something and be rewarded for your efforts. Can't have that. It's their idea of "challenging new content". Warlocks healing their demons? What an absurd idea, let's take that away. We'll justify it by calling it "pruning".

Not sure why they even bothered to have Ember Tap heal demons at all. Maybe it will "scale with gear", been hearing that a lot lately.

So if you're running Destro and trying to kill a tough mob, you can spend embers trying to keep your voidlord alive with not much effect. Or you can let it die and burn one ember and get a fresh one. The threat will reset, so probably a good idea to pop Suffering to get the mob off you. You might need to Soulshatter and/or burn a defensive cd. If your voidlord stays up for 60 seconds you can do it again. Or let the mob punch your lights out while you spend 5 seconds summoning a new Voidlord. Or pop KJC and run while you summon your new Voidlord. Still can't get it down? Come back later with more gear, group with someone, etc.

But yeah, blizz gives us cool fun mechanics so they can take them away. What was it, patch 5.2 when we could spec KJC and move and cast everything at will? Can't have that. Being able to reliably dps while moving out of stuff? Can't have that. Demonic gateways with a useful distance, that shielded you from damage, and dropped threat? Can't have that. Remember when Demonology warlocks could summon demons instantly? Another crazy idea that needed to go.

Get out of that shiny new car you've been driving, blizz has a used bicycle with two flat tires for you (for the same amount of money of course). Don't worry, you'll still get where you're going!

Deleted

It is if the gain / loss ratio is decent.

I thought ember tap in MOP was pretty solid, you paid a large price as investment, and you got a large heal.
    WOD's ember tap is a joke.
    Using a resource as important as an ember on a PET heal that does a minuscule amount and would generally be a better investment to let it die and ressurect (or even just hardcast out a fresh summon) is stupid.

If ember tap healed your pet to full, fine - but anything less is going to have a hard time competing with the revive, and frankly, why tie pet heals into hefty investment self heals? Surely it makes more sense to make the large investment self heal something that you can save for yourself and not have to squander on a pet.

That aside, the root of the problem seems to be pet survivability. They feel woefully squishy this expansion and that's without bringing up the AOE abilities that pets don't seem to be flagged as such for the pets avoidance mechanic.

Demonic Sacrifice... problem solved.