Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

ashran even worse now

Grand Marshal Tremblade and High Warlord Volrath should no longer be able to be pulled through the side gates.

this is jan the 9th hotfix for ashrna i seriously hope there gonna double the win points for it then cos its almost impossible for horde o nmy server to kill there general as they always have there op tree up while our rock is sucking hard

Just do events. Even with the nerf, its 1000 CQ an hour.

Deleted
    Grand Marshal Tremblade kills: 2087
    High Warlord Volrath kills: 708.930

Source Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sthu View Post

Source Blizzard.
    If that's actually true then it's bloody awful they've done nothing about it.

I've only been to Ashran a few times and Fangraal is significantly harder to kill than Mr I do nothing and die rock monster guy.

Source Blizzard.
    Is this actually real?

10+ Year Old Account

Source Blizzard.
    source on this?

i know alliance killed volrath a lot more than horde kill tremblade, but i don't think its that skewed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    If that's actually true then it's bloody awful they've done nothing about it.

I've only been to Ashran a few times and Fangraal is significantly harder to kill than Mr I do nothing and die rock monster guy.
    yep, ashran is a fucking mess, if you can even get into a battle.
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    holinka needs to get his ass in gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Just do events. Even with the nerf, its 1000 CQ an hour.
    As the WINNING faction, I get like 350 conquest points per day.
    As the LOSING faction, you can get 1000 conquest points per hour?

Alliance focuses on killing Volrath, the horde can do whatever they want as long as it's not on the main road. Ashran is a failure, as the best strategy is to avoid PvP. LOL!

Ashran is a JOKE. Tol Barad was 100x funner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ashran is argueably (maybe 2nd to garrisons) the shittiest thing Blizzard has ever added. Holinka should be ashamed of himself and his job on the hotseat for it alone.

Blizzard should have just copy pasted AV from a Classic private server.
    It's funny that they wanted Trashran to be a "spiritual successor" to AV but ended up making it WORSE than both modern AV and IOC combined.

Ashran has a lot of potential to be really great. Blizzard's refusal to adjust accordingly and admit to glaring design flaws is what ruins it.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    As the WINNING faction, I get like 350 conquest points per day.
    As the LOSING faction, you can get 1000 conquest points per hour?

Alliance focuses on killing Volrath, the horde can do whatever they want as long as it's not on the main road. Ashran is a failure, as the best strategy is to avoid PvP. LOL!
    Or.. you could go contest the events. Alliance on my server cluster have been doing that for almost two weeks now.

It's better PvP even, because there aren't a bunch of mega-NPCs mucking it up, and the sides tend to be 20-30 strong, not huge zergs that bring people without great machines to single digit framerates and just turn into giant rangespamzergfests like the mid. Ive had way better PvP at contested events than ive had anywhere else in Ashran.

I haven't even gotten in this week. I've been trying since Thursday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nstomper View Post
    I haven't even gotten in this week. I've been trying since Thursday.
    If you're Horde, you haven't been missing much.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

10+ Year Old Account
    All they had to do was get vanilla AV, put a tropical skin over it with palm trees and shit and BAM call it ashran. That is 100% better than the garbage we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    All they had to do was get vanilla AV, put a tropical skin over it with palm trees and shit and BAM call it ashran. That is 100% better than the garbage we have now.
    Uh, no that'd be 100% of the garbage we have now. Lets not pretend AV was actually good. If anything AV was worse, depending on the situation you could sit on the SAME fucking bridge for hours with many AFK. Old AV was beyond garbage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    Ashran is a JOKE. Tol Barad was 100x funner.
    And that should say something because Tol'Barad is a fucking awful PvP zone. Hell Wintergrasp was kind of a mess but honestly it's the best WoW has came up with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    Uh, no that'd be 100% of the garbage we have now. Lets not pretend AV was actually good. If anything AV was worse, depending on the situation you could sit on the SAME fucking bridge for hours with many AFK. Old AV was beyond garbage.
    I don't know if felt really epic to me at the time. Entering an AV that was already going on for a few hours then doing w/e useless shit I was probably doing at the time (questing, fishing, pvp in the mines, killing rams) then going to school only to come back a few hours later to enter the same AV that was going on for 23h straight... damn.
    Sometimes in the midst of it all you'd see a WB or a wolfriders' party and it felt somehow epic. But yeah that was 9 years ago.

It's really sad for Ashran, I initially thought they were going to do a whole zone that would look like a normal zone (imagine 100v100 in Nagrand, with camps, WB, captains, skirmish points, rares to fight for with whatever interesting loot, maybe a flypath where you could drop 1 or 2 bombs.... I don't know I'm not a zone designer but there was ways to make it great.
    Or even a place like what Shattrath is now, only designed to be a giant pvp fest.
    Last edited by mmoceb381e0edb; 2015-01-11 at 07:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    hordes usually have at least one raid that takes ALL the events. please if you haven't done that before then go do it .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.