Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Never understand idiots farming cp (besides 200trashcap) in trashran. Especially when rbg/arena are both faster.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    I would kill myself if I had to spend an hour in ashran

Why people would spend multiple hours in that crap hole instead of just doing arena is beyond me
    Because I, for one, find DETHMATCHBOXLOL to be about as enjoyable as gouging out my eyeballs with a melonballer.

Why anyone would spend multiple minutes in Arenas instead of doing something more enjoyable, like beating their own head into a wall till they pass out, is beyond me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    Never understand idiots farming cp (besides 200trashcap) in trashran. Especially when rbg/arena are both faster.
    RBGs arent faster on a lot of Realms. Ive never even been able to get into a group that successfully queued. And i wouldnt care if zoning into one 2s match capped me for the week. I wouldn't do it. I detest Arena and every piece of shit decision that has ruined PvP since its inclusion.

Excuses, Excuses everywhere... No matter what rating you play you cap faster in arena/rbg, its fact.
    You have to be epic bad to not be able win arena/rbg or major shit when ppl dont wanna you in team.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Also, Ashran is 100 v 100 and there's a queue 24 / 7
    Maybe on the server you are on, but just because it is the case on your server doesn't make it the case everywhere. I almost never have a queue in ashran, and if I do it is only for 10 minutes or so in peak time. Also have you tried flying around ashran? You know you can check events and rares really fast that way, as well as get a good idea of faction balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I am the only one playing on a server where alliance not only loses the main road but also has no chance at getting a single side event at all?
    Yeah I have that at certain times of the day, mostly closer to peak times. Horde have 3 hour queues we have none at all.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    When you respond with emotion and I respond with logic, that means that deep down you know I'm right but you don't want to admit it. When I go to Ashran on a Horde toon, I immediately type "invite event group pls" and I'll immediately get two invites, unless one of the raid groups is full. Both stay pretty full. Sometimes you have to wait for a slot to open up in one of the two groups. But there's always at LEAST 60+ Horde players doing events, no matter the time of day.

Why does your base look like that? First, there's clearly not 48 people defending there. There's about 8-10. Looks like a solid 50+ Alliance. That's why. You aren't paying attention and you are delusional. Also, Ashran is 100 v 100 and there's a queue 24 / 7, so you should expect to see 100 players on each side in there at all times. There's a lot more than 48, and if you think that there's only 48 then your problem is that you don't understand that there's actually 100.
    It's a perfectly logical and genuine question. Yet, everyone, always fails to answer it without using any kind of shitty assumption. I went and count all players inside my ashran, resulting in 48H and 72A. Which corresponds to the in game experience. Everyone in my raid is defending and my base looks like that http://i.imgur.com/j7V04jr.jpg . I guess you looking at the pic without even being there and making moronic conclusions is a solid counter argument, yeah ok.

Ashran is 150v150 in case you want to educate yourself further and the system is supposed to work like TolBarads, which obviously isnt working correctly due to the number imbalance. Where there's smoke, there's fire and as long as the majority of the community are misinformed ignorant morons that believe "alliance is better" or "horde goes events" masking the real problem is gonna take a while to fix. But, oh boy, you gonna look like a huge jackass when blizzard acknowledges and fixes the problem.

PS. This time answer instead of derailing

Why the numbers are so off in every single test?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...9747?page=3#60
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...89747?page=1#1
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15699384206#1
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15700581286#1
    Last edited by Livevil; 2015-01-12 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Also stating things on the internet as "facts" is the most delusional thing one can do. What you think is never a fact its merely your opinion. So basically just a molecule of sand in a beach. bb now.
    Fact is fact, rbgs are 20min max, 3 wins are 1200 cp. Loss is 200cp. No matter what you get 1000 cps much faster in rbgs like in trashran. Also if you count "organizing group" into time requirement then count 4hour que times into trashran.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Because [B]I, for one, find DETHMATCHBOXLOL to be about as enjoyable as gouging out my eyeballs with a melonballer.

Why anyone would spend multiple minutes in Arenas instead of doing something more enjoyable, like beating their own head into a wall till they pass out, is beyond me.

- - - Updated - - -

RBGs arent faster on a lot of Realms. Ive never even been able to get into a group that successfully queued. And i wouldnt care if zoning into one 2s match capped me for the week. I wouldn't do it. I detest Arena and every piece of shit decision that has ruined PvP since its inclusion.
    Yet you find pveing for 4-5 hours to cap for cp enjoyable...makes sense.jpg

Whether I enjoy arena or not, I play what will get me capped faster and trashcan wouldn't do it even if we did farm events.

The people who enjoy trashcan cp farming can be summed to those that are prob not very good at pvp in general but just want some gear

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Why do you feel you are entitled to an explanation why I play as I like? If I like something its because I like it not because a noone that I don't care about feels some way about it in a forum.

If you wanna do arena go do arena why do you care what others do. Maybe I enjoy wasting my time what is it to you exactly.

Also stating things on the internet as "facts" is the most delusional thing one can do. What you think is never a fact its merely your opinion. So basically just a molecule of sand in a beach. bb now.
    Simple math will tell you arena/rbgs are quicker for points then farming trashcan.

Explains why you and prob other enjoy trashcan so much. Not much thought involved when it tells you where to go and what to do and when it starts.
    Last edited by xpose; 2015-01-12 at 02:55 PM.

b/c you can watch a movie or tv at the same time, but yeah it would still take forever.

Deleted
    well rbg's are not faster if you lose and people want lots of specefics now in rbg's like rating etc same i narena whereas ashran u dnt need rating to get capped

- - - Updated - - -

Fact is fact, rbgs are 20min max, 3 wins are 1200 cp. Loss is 200cp. No matter what you get 1000 cps much faster in rbgs like in trashran. Also if you count "organizing group" into time requirement then count 4hour que times into trashran.
    loss is only 200cp if its a close loss if its an FC bg and u cap 0 flags you get 0 points so please learn how rated bg's work first ok you get between 50-200cp for a lose depending how badly you lose and if you suck ass its 0 points

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaw View Post
    loss is only 200cp if its a close loss if its an FC bg and u cap 0 flags you get 0 points so please learn how rated bg's work first ok you get between 50-200cp for a lose depending how badly you lose and if you suck ass its 0 points
    If yo suck ass and are not able win, its better to scrap whole pvp gearing and go for pve.
    There is no point obtaining pvp gear when you are teribad awful without ability to join group of ppl who can actualy win rbg or when you hate arena/rbg pvp.
    Pve raids doesnt need any rating at all.

If yo suck ass and are not able win, its better to scrap whole pvp gearing and go for pve.
    There is no point obtaining pvp gear when you are teribad awful without ability to join group of ppl who can actualy win rbg or when you hate arena/rbg pvp.
    Pve raids doesnt need any rating at all.
    Or because everyone only wants ranged or (lol) tank. Then actually starting before everyone leaves, then not everyone rage quitting because you lose one game, CBA with those drama queens. I assume you already have a high rating/play Alliance/play ranged because everyone wants 2000+ ranged and most serious pvpers went Alliance.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2015-01-12 at 05:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I dont really care really about anything they do with Ashran at this point. I m horde so I just do two events for the bonus and then I'm done. It's a failure and nothing was really thought out. It may have started as a good idea but the execution is horrible and this could've been much better. I have no problem with Ashran being shit and just forgotten. Current AV is way more entertaining to me, someone who played since early TBC. I've farmed so much AV over the years especially back in TBC and Wotlk and I still dont find it boring. Yet Ashran just kills my brain whenever I enter it.

Funny thing is, you need hours and hours ( unless you luck out ) to get into Ashran - almost like you are waiting to enter something epic - and when you do you are greeted with a very poorly thought out PvP clusterfuck.

Excuses, Excuses everywhere... No matter what rating you play you cap faster in arena/rbg, its fact.
    You have to be epic bad to not be able win arena/rbg or major shit when ppl dont wanna you in team.
    Doesnt matter how fast it is. I'd rather not play WoW than be in an Arena, because i dont enjoy it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Yet you find pveing for 4-5 hours to cap for cp enjoyable...makes sense.jpg
    I PvP plenty during that time. Every single event is contested on my server. In fact, its some of the most fun PvP ive had in the entire expansion - plenty of good "big battles" that aren't so big they are a stuttering slideshow or a massive RANGEZERGSPAM. The assertion that there is no PvP at the side events in Asrhan is provably false. Are they contested on every server? Obviously not. They are on mine, though.

And it's about... 2 1/2 hours to cap, by the way. Not 4-5. Math is hard. Events average 35 minutes (with the hot"fix") - or roughly 5 of each every 2 1/2 hours. At 125 points each, thats more than the cap (assuming you win them all, we dont always win them all, but its still fun). On servers where you arent getting contested though.. probably get it done in less than 2 hours.

Whether I enjoy arena or not, I play what will get me capped faster and trashcan wouldn't do it even if we did farm events.
    Then you're a masochist in ways that im not. I dont care if the moment i loaded into a single 2s match it auto-capped me. I. HATE. ARENA.

The inclusion of Arena in the game is what started WoW's not so subtle decline into bad PvP decisions ("we dont even have to attempt real balance, just 3s") that have all but ruined the game. I wont prop it up by participating in it - ever. I will not add a single played Arena match to Blizzard's statistics. Because its awful.

I'd love to do rBGs instead (i love organized objective based PvP), but as a parent with a job, i dont have time to conform my schedule to the playtimes of the few rBG teams on my server, and the few times ive tried to get into a Yolo group, its taken 45+ minutes for the group to assemble, if it ever does, and maybe get a match.

Or i can get into Ashran, do one set of events for the day, get 500CP, and log off.

It's not hard to understand, except apparently for you. Not everyone's situation is a mirror of yours. Not everyone can play when you play, do the same things you do, and get the same results you do in the same timeframe. People have different jobs, schedules, and time available to play.

What's got you so butt-hurt, anyway? That people have other avenues to get their CP than Arena? Get over it. Go ahead and do your DETHMATCHBOX. Im not stopping you.

Wintergrasp was terrible, Tol Barad was terrible, Ashran is terrible and the next "heres some pvp content so you cant say we made nothing" will also be terrible.
    Those are casual pvp zones made for the average wow player to join and think they are winning or losing some random crap and get a feeling of satisfaction, notice how the best strategy in all those zones is to avoid each other?, thats because the average wow player is terrible at pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    hordes usually have at least one raid that takes ALL the events. please if you haven't done that before then go do it .
    and this cause this

Grand Marshal Tremblade kills: 2087
    High Warlord Volrath kills: 708.930
    so it's a tradeoff : alliance do boss, horde do events, people are just want points and they not care about real pvp anymore and anyway, just look at yourself like 98% of you are there for extra cp reward ashran offer.
    It is not that concept and balance are bad, it are PLAYERS who do that, horde choose events, so there is noone defend boss so it's being killed, you want to kill allaince's one, get whole raid's ass in the middle, with all that rare stuff dragons stampede, spheres, you farmed and there it is. easy
    Last edited by Zstr; 2015-01-12 at 11:10 PM.

queue is so boring to wait... wtb rework/redesign it.

The side events should only give Conquest/box once per day, while the main event is uncapped via each objective giving CP for each subsequent capture.. That way you force everyone into the middle eventually for the PvP grind everyone wants. Imagine this situation, you are horde and pushed back to the main base. You hold off the alliance and push out to capture the tower and succeed. Then you push out to Volrath's advance and win and earn yourself 10 conquest, then the crossroads for 20, then the next base for 40, tower for 80 and 160 for a win. Conquest points are only given for consecutive objective victories to prevent win trading.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sthu View Post
    Grand Marshal Tremblade kills: 2087
    High Warlord Volrath kills: 708.930

Source Blizzard.
    This has less to do with "balance" or anything else you might think of and more, much much more to do with the "gentleman's agreement" the two factions have in play in Ashran.

FYI, alliance rushes Volrath, Horde do events and rares. No PvP required. This is how to play Ashran, try something else and you are doing it wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Just do events. Even with the nerf, its 1000 CQ an hour.
    Yep, that's it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hothgor View Post
    The side events should only give Conquest/box once per day, while the main event is uncapped via each objective giving CP for each subsequent capture..
    I like this part. I usually go to ashran for nemesis quests and in hopes players on horde will push the main objective. I usually get met with a lot of players just wanting to run around to the events for the easy free conquest. Horde really has no reason to try the main push because they we cant get the numbers to counter alliance and I imagine its the same way for alliance trying to do the events. There is only so much blizzard can do to encourage players to contest the same things and I think 1 day conquest per event might do this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hothgor View Post
    The side events should only give Conquest/box once per day, while the main event is uncapped via each objective giving CP for each subsequent capture.. That way you force everyone into the middle eventually for the PvP grind everyone wants. Imagine this situation, you are horde and pushed back to the main base. You hold off the alliance and push out to capture the tower and succeed. Then you push out to Volrath's advance and win and earn yourself 10 conquest, then the crossroads for 20, then the next base for 40, tower for 80 and 160 for a win. Conquest points are only given for consecutive objective victories to prevent win trading.
    That situation would be absolutely awful and would ruin an already poor content feature. If you want PvP in Ashran, you will find it without some bizarre rules in place to force it. Ashran serves its purpose very well, they only need to not prevent players entering anymore and it would be perfect (for what it does).