[Prot] A few questions about the 6.1 Changes to prot paladin

Protection
    Avenger's Shield Hurls your shield at an enemy target, dealing [ 2 + 160% 168% of AP ] Holy damage, interrupting and silencing the target for 3 sec, and then jumping to 2 additional nearby enemies. Requires Shields. Paladin - Protection Spec. 7% of Base Mana. 30 yd range. Instant. 15 sec cooldown.
    Consecration Consecrates the land beneath you, causing [ 9 + 118.8% 125.1% of AP ] Holy damage over 9 sec to enemies who enter the area. Paladin - Protection Spec. 7% of Base Mana. Instant. 9 sec cooldown.

Grand Crusader When you avoid a melee attack, or use Crusader Strike or Hammer of the Righteous you have a 30% chance of refreshing the cooldown on your next Avenger's Shield and causing it to generate 1 Holy Power. Paladin - Protection Spec.

Holy Wrath Sends bolts of power in all directions, causing [ 1 + 192% 200% of Spell Power ] Holy damage divided among all enemies within 10 yards, stunning Demons and Undead for 3 sec. Paladin - Protection Spec. 5% of Base Mana. Instant. 15 sec cooldown.

Mastery: Divine Bulwark Increases the damage reduction of your Shield of the Righteous by 6% 4%, adds 6% to your Bastion of Glory, and increases your chance to block melee attacks by 8%. Also increases your attack power by 8%. Paladin - Protection Spec.

Shield of the Righteous Instantly slam the target with your shield, causing [ 1 + 192% 200% of AP ] Holy damage, reducing the physical damage you take by [ 20 ] [Min 20 [ - 25 ] [Min 25, Max 80]% for 3 sec, and causing Bastion of Glory. Bastion of Glory Increases the strength of your Word of Glory when used to heal yourself by 6%. Stacks up to 5 times. Requires Shields. Paladin - Protection Spec. 3 Holy Power. Melee range. Instant. 1.5 cooldown
    The area I have highlighted is the area in question.
    I'mma be honest here when I say I haven't been paying much attention to hot fixes and all of those things, is this just a tool tip update, or something that has already been implemented? Cause as far as I see, and can remember from some of the hot fixes Ive seen, all of these seem to be just tool tip updates, is that the same for this one I don't remember seeing it in hot fixes?

If this isn't a tool tip update, is this a nerf? or just some weird shit their doing? (I don't really get the part under SOTR where it says "reducing the physical damage you take by [ 20 ] [Min 20 [ - 25 ] [Min 25, Max 80]% for 3 sec," so if someone could explain that, that would be great lol. )

Thanks before hand!!~
    Last edited by Burnick; 2015-01-10 at 11:14 AM.

It's just tooltip updates. If you had read the last two pages of the regular Prot thread you would have seen that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Jackielope View Post
    It's just tooltip updates. If you had read the last two pages of the regular Prot thread you would have seen that.
    I actually don't come to the forums much and look at all that stuff, I only generally visit with class specific questions or if I'm struggling with any particular boss fight etc. That sort of thing, I don't check in often (Thus my post count relative to my join date lol)

Either way, Still curious about my second question :P, Since it was just a tool tip update, clearly don't feel weak right now as a paladin lol. But that bit has me still alittle confused.

Either way, Can't wait to get rid of all these damned out of date tooltips that lead too some confusion.
    Last edited by Burnick; 2015-01-10 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayati View Post
    If this isn't a tool tip update, is this a nerf? or just some weird shit their doing? (I don't really get the part under SOTR where it says "reducing the physical damage you take by [ 20 ] [Min 20 [ - 25 ] [Min 25, Max 80]% for 3 sec," so if someone could explain that, that would be great lol. )
    SoTR and mastery was rebalanced, before SoTR did less base (20%) and u got more dmg reduction per % of mastery. This was changed do that SOTR did more base but les per mastery %.

As was said above there no changes for paladins yet, all the "changes" you read are already live - there just updating the text to match.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!