Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is anyone Fistweaving to heal? if so, what is your rotation/prio?

I just cant find it to be even as good as just using mistweave and stuff.. but I really want to fistweave.

There's no such thing. All fistweaving is interaction between healing and dps, not replacing healing with dps(like glorious way of the crane pvp).

I think Fistweaving is too different from Rising Mist which is the only viable way to forgo soothing mist atm to use that name.

Regardless of semantics, Rising Mist is a style of healing where you forgo your ability to tank heal and react fast to damage on individual targets in favor of getting more damage on the boss and a more smooth sustained raid healing. I think the question of how much haste you want to lower the CD on Rising Sun Kick is kinda unsolved but you dont get more ReM from haste so I think your top stats will still be crit>vers but there is two haste "bumps" with RSK+TFT where you want to either be able to TFT+RSK -> RSK or you want TFT+RSK -> 1 GCD -> RSK and haste between and after those bumps are lowered in value slightly.

I think getting RSK to 10 second cd so you get 3 RSK between each TFT should be more valuable than mastery but Font of Life fucks up that as well. I assume some simulations could figure out these bumps and what not but right now Upwelling and spot/tank healing is too strong to compete with so we will have to wait and see till we get more interesting gear/azerite/balance changes to make it truly viable.

i'll leave this here.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ealers-Allowed

btw its also a "sticky" at the top of the monk forums

Dont do it, its not viable.

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    Dont do it, its not viable.
    I wont say not viable. Obviously pure fistweaving is dead, but with the rising mist talent you can heal incredibly efficiently, keep up on the healing meters and have a decent amount of dps to your name.
    Ok so I wouldnt fistweave every fight, and only ever in raids. Dungeons its definitely not worth it. The only fight where I have really fistweaved is zek'voz because the entire fight is constant raid damage, enough that I want to keep essence font on cooldown, but small enough that I dont need to constantly pump out healing to keep up.

So the general idea when fistweaving, renewing mist on cooldown, essence font mostly on cooldown depending on if damage is going to come in soon and then rising sun kick (after you have the essence font out), then during your down time you tiger palm to 3 stacks, then depending on the cooldown left on rising sun kick, you can blackout kick to try and reset the cooldown, then obviously rising sun kick again. But you cant rely on the healing from rising mist to save anyone so its really used for efficiency if nothing else.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was having fun managing my TFT's, BoK's and RSK's to keep up my Hots as long as possible. You get some OK damage from it as well in low damage areas.

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrik View Post
    I wont say not viable. Obviously pure fistweaving is dead, but with the rising mist talent you can heal incredibly efficiently, keep up on the healing meters and have a decent amount of dps to your name.
    Ok so I wouldnt fistweave every fight, and only ever in raids. Dungeons its definitely not worth it. The only fight where I have really fistweaved is zek'voz because the entire fight is constant raid damage, enough that I want to keep essence font on cooldown, but small enough that I dont need to constantly pump out healing to keep up.

So the general idea when fistweaving, renewing mist on cooldown, essence font mostly on cooldown depending on if damage is going to come in soon and then rising sun kick (after you have the essence font out), then during your down time you tiger palm to 3 stacks, then depending on the cooldown left on rising sun kick, you can blackout kick to try and reset the cooldown, then obviously rising sun kick again. But you cant rely on the healing from rising mist to save anyone so its really used for efficiency if nothing else.
    Very rare to TP to 3 stacks when you could be fishing for RSK resets in your essence font hot window. I rarely go all in on fistweaving with tea on RSK simply because of blackout reset chances can sometimes make it pointless when you're balanced against giving up 10 seconds on renewing every tea.

Still not viable. Dont waste your tea on extra dps when people need the extra healing. Keep this pure fistweaving shit to LFR's, PVP and world questing please.

just spirit of the crane for more essence fonts

fistweaving is dead time to accept that
    change can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to go heal a LFR or heroic LFD, then sure, knock yourself out. If you want to actually heal anything that requires actually being a good healer, then no.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

If you want to fist weave I would say your best bet is to roll a Disc priest or Holy Pally. They have better damage/melee to healing effects then Monk...its kind of annoying because I liked the MOP fist weaving game play.

Quote Originally Posted by randomcast View Post
    If you want to fist weave I would say your best bet is to roll a Disc priest or Holy Pally. They have better damage/melee to healing effects then Monk...its kind of annoying because I liked the MOP fist weaving game play.
    DP - yes, HP - no.
    Avanging crusader is not worth taking and since it's the only real DPS->Healing talent - the point is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    If you want to go heal a LFR or heroic LFD, then sure, knock yourself out. If you want to actually heal anything that requires actually being a good healer, then no.
    I'd say anything less than mythic raiding you can do it just fine, and probably most of mythic as well at this point where you are just farming. I stepped down from mythic raiding this expansion so I'm just pugging heroic and usually do it as fistweaving just to make it more interesting and it's absolutely no issue doing the 20-25k hps that is more than enough for heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Smag View Post
    DP - yes, HP - no.
    Avanging crusader is not worth taking and since it's the only real DPS->Healing talent - the point is moot.
    Avenging Crusader not worth taking? Imma just leave this here:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...adin&spec=Holy

Edit for on topic: I agree with the other poster though, roll a Holy Paladin for melee dps->healing or Disc for ranged dps->healing. Or just do fistweaving if you're doing more casual content on your MW.
    Last edited by Lucavian; 2018-11-14 at 02:01 PM.

I wanted the same and look at the statistics for the last talent MW row but it turns out no one logs with the fistweaving build, even in normal, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprix View Post
    I wanted the same and look at the statistics for the last talent MW row but it turns out no one logs with the fistweaving build, even in normal, lol.
    Its neither more dps nore hps than upwelling, its just different: a tiny bit more burst aoe healing vs very strong aoe healing + mana saved and longer hot for better mastery doublehits. So, its just bad.
    Dont even think about thunderfocus tea in raids, this is for dungeons only.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprix View Post
    Here's a log from the heroic pug I was in today, seems not all bosses are in but first 3 I didn't even heal as there was no need anyway. Again I'm not trying to argue that it's superior to upwelling, just that the idea that you shouldn't be using it outside of lfr is just a silly notion as you can do enough hps with it to easily heal all of heroic and most of mythic at this point and so you should just play it if you want, at least that's what I do at this point where pugs have no problem zerging everything.

edit: I probalby should remember to link it https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ealing&fight=2
    Last edited by Fleckens; 2018-11-15 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smag View Post
    DP - yes, HP - no.
    Avenging crusader is unbelievably strong as a 2 min healing CD. It adds some dps (not going to make overall dps anything significant) but it's DEFINITELY worth taking, regardless, because of the healing it puts out. It's the top selected talent on every fight for that talent tier, pretty much unanimously.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2018-11-15 at 01:35 PM.