Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Hi Guys,

Currently me and my guild are stuck on Heroic Imp, but it's not a tank issue at the moment we just keep making mistakes and lack of DPS

However I feel like I'm doing something wrong on Heroic Brackenspore, although we are managing to kill him in 1 or 2 shots I often die and have to be CR'd or I just take crazy amounts of damage during breath! Just want to know how you guys go about it. My Brewmaster co-tank can handly the breath easily whereas I'm shouting for externals (and not getting them resulting in death!). I already know something I'm fucking up and that's not using a pot, when would be the best time to use one?

My armoury

Heroic Bracken #1

Heroic Bracken #2

I think I'll record my next Bracken fight so I can rewatch it and maybe post it here so people can maybe pick up on things I do wrong.

Also if you guys feel like looking through the rest of my logs and have any tips for dealing more damage or taking less, please let me know

Deleted
    Cant answer properly now, I'm at work shhhh

But what we realized in my guild when we did mythic is that warriors are absolutely terrible at taking the breath, whereas your monk co tank should destroy it with just his guard. So what we did is I started tanking the boss so I had stacks when first add came up, I then taunted the add and tanked it for the full duration letting my druid co tank take all the breaths. I taunted back afterwards ofc and we just kept rotating like that. Warriors are amazing on the add however due to shield block and a rather big assortment of good CD's so you should set up a rotation of what CD's to use where if you plan on tanking the add by yourself. If you absolutely have to rotate the boss while add is up though keep in mind that his melee hits during the breath are far more dangerous than the breath and dot combined, so you should still shield block at this point. And well I understand your "complaint" with absent externals looking at that hand of sacrifice you got 0.12s before you died, should've been used at once when you got first tick from breath.

Deleted
    Thanks man i'll discuss this with my co-tank maybe we can make this easier on ourselves by doing something similar. Any other advice would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    Using the default APL. So i'm seeing this line:
    actions.prot+=/heroic_strike,if=buff.ultimatum.up|(talent.unyielding_strikes.enabled&buff.unyielding_stri kes.stack>=6)
    Can't seem to get my numbers to match (it's unlikely his gear remained the same). However, i'd like to think that the talent order would remain the same.
    talents are: ravager, avatar, dragon roar, and then swapping the t45 (default apl)

or if i drop the fight down to fixed 240 seconds, and have a 0.75 swing speed on the boss:

i mean i still agree with the conclusion of US (since you will surely dump sooner than six stacks). i'm just having trouble reproducing your sim results.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sohks View Post
    Hi Guys,

Currently me and my guild are stuck on Heroic Imp, but it's not a tank issue at the moment we just keep making mistakes and lack of DPS

However I feel like I'm doing something wrong on Heroic Brackenspore, although we are managing to kill him in 1 or 2 shots I often die and have to be CR'd or I just take crazy amounts of damage during breath! Just want to know how you guys go about it. My Brewmaster co-tank can handly the breath easily whereas I'm shouting for externals (and not getting them resulting in death!). I already know something I'm fucking up and that's not using a pot, when would be the best time to use one?

My armoury

Heroic Bracken #1

Heroic Bracken #2

I think I'll record my next Bracken fight so I can rewatch it and maybe post it here so people can maybe pick up on things I do wrong.

Also if you guys feel like looking through the rest of my logs and have any tips for dealing more damage or taking less, please let me know
    just looking at your heoric logs #1 it looks like:
    • you didn't have shield block up for any breaths (he still melees during these)
    • you're not getting hand of purity for any breaths (one paladin should be able to get this on you for every breath (CD = 30s)
    • you took one breath without any CDs up
    • you didn't use demo shout at all during the fight? maybe i'm overlooking it, but i don't see it anywhere on brackenspore's debuffs

full log
    Last edited by booi; 2015-01-20 at 04:23 PM.

@Booi I had him simming with Bloodbath, you mentioned Avatar, perhaps this is the difference.

@Sohks I can definitely agree with everything Booi recommended, Hand of Purity is insanely good for breath and it's always up for breath ( 45s timer I think ). Have a Paladin use this on whomever takes the breath. My personal experience on the breath before using Hand of Purity was a little different. I would make sure I had 120 Rage ready to go for the breath, wait to get hit by the first tick or two, see my Resolve Skyrocket and then barrier. The Barrier size is significantly bigger when you have that delay. Then I just continued to generate Rage and Do 60 Rage Barriers 2-3 times during the breath and didn't have a lot of trouble. I usually used my personals for the add. Perhaps my healers were doing the heavy lifting.

If you look at the actual damage you take during breath, Booi's got this right, you should keep block up, and just spend extra rage on Barriers after block is on CD. Timeline wise, it looks like 1 block timed properly would do the trick.

Last edited by Cyclonus-WOW; 2015-01-20 at 07:18 PM.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Deleted
    Wow guys thank you. It turns out my macro that casts Demo shout has been broken for about a week and I didn't even know, I feel so bad for my healers now not to mention feeling like a total idiot.

I'll feed the other info back to my guild also and I feel a lot more confident about taking the breaths now thanks to this advice. Cheers!

Was pointed out to me that the Cleaver and Tenderizer screenshots were reversed ( and analyzed improperly ) in the OP. Fixed that haha. Turns out I didn't screw up my taunts in that Butcher Analysis. Make sure you're looking at Enemy > Debuffs for Demoralizing shout as well. It doesn't show up as a Defensive Buff, instead an enemy debuff on Warcraftlogs.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

Did Bracken again, tried to use your advice but our Hpala had to switch to an alt because we had so many healers and I didn't get a single HoS or purity from our 2 Ret pala's.

So I died 6 minutes into the fight and my other tank managed to tank him with 22 stacks of rot until he died after 7 and a half minutes.

here's the logs

I'm interested if there's anything I or the Disco priest could have done better to keep me alive, or was it just down to the DPS not giving me their externals?

Thanks for all your help so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys,

Did Bracken again, tried to use your advice but our Hpala had to switch to an alt because we had so many healers and I didn't get a single HoS or purity from our 2 Ret pala's.

So I died 6 minutes into the fight and my other tank managed to tank him with 22 stacks of rot until he died after 7 and a half minutes.

here's the logs

I'm interested if there's anything I or the Disco priest could have done better to keep me alive, or was it just down to the DPS not giving me their externals?

Morning Sohks,

generally, when we were progressing on this fight, externals were RARELY used on me when i was taking the breath. Only if i felt the need due to us being behind. For breaths, you should have a demo shout/ravager/Block/Barrier up during that, cap your rage, lead with block into barrier with an overarching demo and ravager. You should be calling out breaths so your disc priest can prep you, timing his shield for breath.
    Externals are generally used on add at 5+ stacks.

It looks like your healers are not aware of the mechanic, or you aren't calling it out. The only heals you recieved during breath were entire passive (not that it matters). You did not receive any form of absorption going into the breath. Heck, you even used a wall. Prep your healers, as they need to be aware of the incoming breath, throw you a shield, and you're good to go.

Also, NOT sure if it was hotfixed, but 2 or so weeks ago, it was determined that Lay on Hands was NOT mitigated by the healing recieved debuff from the breath. No idea the state of it now though.
    Last edited by EricN; 2015-01-23 at 01:34 PM.
    Twitch.tv/ericn_tv

Hey guys,

here's the logs

Damage Taken
    Purple Resources Line : HP
    Red Line : Rage

You can see they just came out of an infesting spores phase (purple), then you started taking breath (green).
    As mentioned earlier you used lots of CD's which is good, but you were sitting at 80 rage. Your resolve was capped and you could have barrier'd a couple times here since block was already up. Those barriers would have been a lot of good healing.

You had a Weakened Soul debuff at this point ( they used it on your during spores ). Your disc should have used PW:S on you for breath ( or delayed it till the breath ) and Hand of Purity should be manadatory. You actually survived the breath, but died to a tick of Rot since you weren't getting heals ( you can't during breath ).
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

My guild is progressing on Brackenspore M aswell so I found these last posts interesting seeing as thats how I felt in the few tries we had yesterday. Think there is some good advice with the max rage to do double barrier for breaths. I see you mention Hand of Purity, is that favourable over Hand of Sacrifice when you're taking the breaths?

Purity is completely overpowered for the breath. Also make sure your Resolve is capped ( take a tick of breath ) before you do the double barriers, and that shield block is already up.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Deleted
    Awesome guys, thank you. This is by far the hardest mechanic to deal with as a prot warrior in Highmaul so far in my opinion. Really appreciate all your help.

Awesome guys, thank you. This is by far the hardest mechanic to deal with as a prot warrior in Highmaul so far in my opinion. Really appreciate all your help.
    Just as an aside, If you're looking to tidy up your calls for external CDs, i'd recommend something like hermes or exorsus raid tools. (Hermes doesn't track two charges on hand of sacrifice, but can sort by availability) I'm sure there are also other addons that do the job that people could direct you to.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/exorsus-raid-tools

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/hermes

10+ Year Old Account

Another addon that is extremely helpful, doesn't take up as much space as everything else, is transparent, and allows you to view everything that is up. adjustable in icon size and text size.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/hagakure-cooldowns
    Twitch.tv/ericn_tv

Hiya!

Can anyone help me analyze these logs in what I can improve on as we are progressing to Brackenspore today?
    Anything to be able to squeeze out more dps while not sacrificing survivability?

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9zw1gY3L2vmKpPFh
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rgeln/advanced
    Last edited by Argeln; 2015-01-27 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Argeln View Post
    Hiya!

Can anyone help me analyze these logs in what I can improve on as we are progressing to Brackenspore today?
    Anything to be able to squeeze out more dps while not sacrificing survivability?

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9zw1gY3L2vmKpPFh
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rgeln/advanced
    Looking at Twin Ogron:
    I'd talent into US as you're able to cleave a lot in this fight. If you're worried about wasting rage on damage vs survivability, you can just spam HS @ 6 stacks.
    A big miss was that this was a 6:50 fight and ravager was only put down 5 times, and not on pull. Using the Mastery Trinket with Bloodbath+Ravager while your armor pot is up is going to be a lot of dps. You also missed a lot of damage by not re-potting during the fight, can only see one on pull.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Hi guys, having some issues on Mythic butcher, we are only about 20 pulls into fight and wanted to see if you checked my logs as well as our druid tank to see anything we can improve upon. Biggest issue would be surviving tenderizer damage. Currently I would use major cd's (my cd's for 1 and 2, then the next set I would use an external on 2) We are short 2 main raid healers, so not sure if helped the issue. We only had 2 sac's and a life cocoon for mitigation. Our disc priest will be back tomorrow, so that gives me a GS , but by the time we got to around the 3rd shit got hairy. We are using the water strat. My logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...7C871%7C152277

Smallpackage tank 1, Giyacrusher ( druid tank 2)

I keep ripping agrro so at times I have to stop attacking. I also went with HR instead of US , I'll most likely switch if I can not be so spikey.

Thanks!
    Last edited by smallpackage; 2015-01-29 at 06:50 AM.

Good Morning Warriors!

I am looking for a little help on everyone's favorite fight, Mythic Brackenspore. We are struggling on this fight a little bit, and any pointers that you guys can give me would be much appreciated. I typically try to double barrier for breaths, but it seems like I am always going into breaths at half HP which makes me nervous, so I usually call for an external.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...false%24169686

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pystomp/simple

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by smallpackage View Post
    Hi guys, having some issues on Mythic butcher, we are only about 20 pulls into fight and wanted to see if you checked my logs as well as our druid tank to see anything we can improve upon. Biggest issue would be surviving tenderizer damage. Currently I would use major cd's (my cd's for 1 and 2, then the next set I would use an external on 2) We are short 2 main raid healers, so not sure if helped the issue. We only had 2 sac's and a life cocoon for mitigation. Our disc priest will be back tomorrow, so that gives me a GS , but by the time we got to around the 3rd shit got hairy. We are using the water strat. My logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...7C871%7C152277

Smallpackage tank 1, Giyacrusher ( druid tank 2)

I keep ripping agrro so at times I have to stop attacking. I also went with HR instead of US , I'll most likely switch if I can not be so spikey.

Thanks!
    For threat issues: You should tank first, and get your ot to do more damage. Use ravager at 11seconds in ( since the first attempt at a cleaver stack is then )

For damage taken, look at your shield block coverage. It looks like you're using it early then missing out on it later during your tanking period. Have been recommending you use a single shield block while offtanking, and barrier spam.

Would recommend Sudden Death on this if you don't want to manage US, you'll do more damage than HR, and you have the globals to spare.
    Also, ensure you're pulling with an Armor potion up. Re-use one during your tanking phase in zerk.

Quote Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
    Good Morning Warriors!

I am looking for a little help on everyone's favorite fight, Mythic Brackenspore. We are struggling on this fight a little bit, and any pointers that you guys can give me would be much appreciated. I typically try to double barrier for breaths, but it seems like I am always going into breaths at half HP which makes me nervous, so I usually call for an external.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...false%24169686

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pystomp/simple

Thanks again!
    Hey Ceejay, i'd re-read this thread and you will see a ton of info on Brack.
    The basics:
    Have a pally give you hand of purity, ( mandatory )
    Have a priest give you a power word shield+the talent bubble spam.
    Then go into it with a Shield Block ready to cover the breath, and then barrier spam, only after your Resolve Skyrockets from the first tick.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog