Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hell yeah, GIVE BACK BINDING HEAL FFS §§§

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    This is an odd change to me, we will still be casting PW:S every GCD lol. What they need to do is buff PoH to be worth casting.
    casting. it's instant, jokes on me

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    casting. it's instant, jokes on me
    Yet if you're silenced, you can't used PW:S. "Casting" is a general term to distinguish caster abilities from melee abilities, with a small outlier being a few Warrior abilities (Paladins and DKs use spells as well).

So...yup. Stop being contrary just for the sake of it.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    And it will still out perform garbage Holy by a decent amount.
    Holy is not garbage, and is extremly versatile when played properly. Furthermore, the reason disc is looking to be so much ahead is due to atm. it is "roflstomp we outgear dis zhit". On progress holy and disc was very close with different strengths and weaknesses, that being said if you only got one priest in your rooster there he/she is pretty muched forced into disco dasco due to how absorbs works.

So yeah we already flop over in arena... Blizzard is this for real?

Deleted
    This is really great...
    I am aware that pve disc is broken (and this doesn't fix it) but this will hurt in pvp where disc is 3rd/4th as a healer, not to mention spriest who already has trouble with survivability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    So yeah we already flop over in arena... Blizzard is this for real?
    You must be joking? Disc priests just don't die in arena. I was 2v1 vs a Feral and Frost Mage the other day - I won. Not exactly flopping over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Posix View Post
    You must be joking? Disc priests just don't die in arena. I was 2v1 vs a Feral and Frost Mage the other day - I won. Not exactly flopping over.
    Tell us more about your 1.2k-1.5k experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycheh View Post
    I wouldn't mind if cata disc was brought back actually.
    I really loved the concept at the beginning of cata, it might even work again now that smart heals are
    dumb heals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    well no, disc needed a nerf. it just needs a nerf which doesn't get removed with gear.
    You are an broken record, sometimes I think, disc could do negative healing and you would still cry for nerfs.
    You only ever post "disc needs a nerf" and "this disc nerf will go away because of gear scaling", no explanations or anything deeper, just your unchangable opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Do I think they need more spells to use? yes, but to complain about a nerf to a ridiculously overpowered ability? come on now!
    Not complaining about the reduction to PW:S numbers, but about the fact that they leave it at that. It is lazy. And will not work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I expected something like a nerf to it's multistrike/crit synergy, that turns even tiny Holy PW: S into 100k absorbs

But apparently a flat 15% fixes the issue

Eh heh.
    It shouldn't be able to crit anyway it should get a flat multiplicator of 0.75*critchance instead. This spell should be about predictions, when your response to those predictions get a random portion slapped to it it will model as weaker for keeping people alive than it will model for the meters. And it gets balanced for keeping people alive not for the meters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darude-Sandstorm View Post
    Yes, the only thing this does is reduce the numbers disc priests are pulling. No, it doesn't have any impact on how the spec is played. That's because this is the intended effect of the nerf. It would've been absurd to nerf pw:s only to buff another spell to even it out. Disc had to be toned down, it's as simple as that.
    You seem to assume healing specs get balanced for the numbers they turn out in recount and scada? They get balanced for their ability to keep people alive (viability).
    Thus I exspect a buff to Grace in the future, because I'm sure Blizzard is confident in their ability to model viability and will reestablish the same 'viability balance' between healing specs again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirea View Post
    Tell us more about your 1.2k-1.5k experience.
    It's almost like PvP and PvE isn't balanced around 0.05% of the player base. Crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised nobody has mentioned that this is actual a minor dps decrease for shadow priests, at least in PvE situations. Heck I even enjoyed using PWS every once in a while on my Holy Priest but that looks to be very inefficient now. Before it was about par with Heal but was instant (yeah no bonus from mastery but meh) so it was handy. Now I kinda doubt that will be the case. As for Shadow priests who have been using Reflective Shield for the damage boost (which ain't that terrible) this will hurt, especially when they are already down (somewhat down) in the meters as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Declade View Post
    so now Disci goes from :

- unfun, but kinda very strong
    to
    - unfun and not very good --> even more unfun ??

Cool Story .
    Lol, because this change will make it to live. And if it does there'll be something else that buffs PoH/Penance/Holy Nova to some absurd amount, so I won't comment on this til 6.1 is live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Lol, because this change will make it to live. And if it does there'll be something else that buffs PoH/Penance/Holy Nova to some absurd amount, so I won't comment on this til 6.1 is live.
    You won't comment until the PW:S fix is live? It is a hotfix dear!

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    Oh, my bad then D: Well, get the torches, I'll get pitchforks and someone man the harpoons. Disc got a nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    We need to coin some neutral word for these kind of changes. 'Hotfix' maakes it sound as if there was a fix in there somewhere xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait who are we lynching?

Quickfix, Hotgluefix, DuctTapeFix, HotFixish, Mostlyfix, sortafix....

You know what's great about Priests? If disc is "Unfun and not very good" Just abandon the ship and spec Holy and you got another decent spec. Having instant 150k super heals that can't overheal was a joke and should not be in the game. Let disc die and we can have a holy expansion for once and the healing balance will be way better off.
    Last edited by Axelond; 2015-01-13 at 01:32 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    Wait who are we lynching?

Quickfix, Hotgluefix, DuctTapeFix, HotFixish, Mostlyfix, sortafix....
    Have to go with *quickfix* I asked on twitter if this was for Shadow as well, it's kind of weird imo Shadow wasn't realy strong on survivability in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    You know what's great about Priests? If disc is "Unfun and not very good" Just abandon the ship and spec Holy and you got another decent spec. Having instant 150 super heals that can't overheal was a joke and should not be in the game. Let disc die and we can have a holy expansion for once and the healing balance will be way better off.
    There were holy expansions before
    And I do play the other healing specs, too, but all of them are moving in the wrong direction for my tastes lately (as are most damage specs - mages with only one spellschool? really? wasn't this supposed to br a mmoRPG?).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Have to go with *quickfix* I asked on twitter if this was for Shadow as well, it's kind of weird imo Shadow wasn't realy strong on survivability in the first place.
    Still contains the word 'fix'. In my first language there are perfect words for this kind of thing but in english all I come up with right now seem to contain 'fix'.
    Isn't there anything neutral?

Deleted
    Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    General
    Power Word: Shield’s absorption has been reduced by 15%.

Why the fuck a general nerf ? Like Shadow desperately needed another defensive nerf...