Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Enhance DPS advice

Looking for advice for my Shaman Enhance DPS. I have read all the recommendations others have given to other players and started hardcasting more lightning bolts over frost shocks. I'm looking for another pair of eyes to see what areas I can improve on. I feel like I should be doing much higher dps especially in AoE fights. Here are last nights logs, I ran a full normal and first 2 bosses on Heroic. warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/2000425/latest

10+ Year Old Account
    Few things that stuck out to me immediately:
    Kargath 3:50 duration, but you only used your Coin trinket once.
    Similarly, you were in Ascendance twice but you only cast Windstrike 4 times over the duration of both.

Other than that, you were pulling 21k in 654 which is pretty decent. Optimize your cooldown uptime and usage and you'll be performing very well.

edit: Sim gives you 21.95 optimal atm, so with better cooldown usage you'll beat that. Obviously you had some Novas in there on Kargath.

edit edit: on Butcher you were doing it exactly right, and were only 850 dps off your Sim result, so there's not much more to do better tbh.
    Last edited by miffy23; 2015-01-14 at 02:57 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    any specific logs you want us to look at? Which AOE fight in particular? It really depends on how your guild does the fight mostly.

on butcher,
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...auras&source=7

Firstly, looking at your kill time, i'd line up all the cds when you use bloodlust instead of using them separately (FE, potion, ascendance, berserking, coin)
    Can't really tell from logs if you're running EM or AS but you didn't use either of them. EM is strong here especially with the coin.

It would help with your aoe if you swap shattered hands out for the mastery
    can't really find a log for aoe but,
    are you using your unleash flame buff for fire nova?
    are you using echo of the elements for "aoe" fights?

Deleted
    Kargath (Heroic):

* Didn't use a second potion
    * Didn't use Lucky Double-Sided Coin a second time timed with other 2 minute cooldowns
    * Should use the Fire Elemental glyph for the fight at that length of time
    * If you get sent up into the crowds, abuse Fire Nova and Liquid Magma more

Butcher (Heroic):

* Should have used your Agility pot with 2nd Fire Elemental, Lucky Double-Sided Coin, Feral Spirits
    * Couldn't tell what talent you were using out of EM, AS, or EE. Should really pick EM and time with the above CDs

Brackenspore (Normal):

* Didn't use Lucky Double-Sided Coin a second time timed with other 2 minute cooldowns
    * Fire Nova becomes a higher priority than Frost Shock if you have the big add tanked on Brackenspore
    * Abuse Fire Nova if the Spore Shooters spawn close enough to the boss
    * You delayed Ascendance for a good 30 seconds

Tectus (Normal):

Twin Ogron (Normal):

* Should use Chain Lightning over Lightning Bolt when the two Ogron are in range
    * Fire Nova becomes a higher priority than Frost Shock if the two Ogron are in range of each other
    * Should use the Fire Elemental glyph for the fight at that length
    * Also the raid should Bloodlust/Heroism at the start, not sure why it was delayed

Ko'ragh (Normal):

* Didn't use Ancestral Swiftness enough times for the fight of that length
    * Assume you prepotted late, resulting in only 1 potion use
    * Fire Elemental should have been used on pull
    * Didn't use Feral Spirits other than on the pull

Imperator Mar'gok (Normal):

* Didn't use 2 minute cool downs effectively for the encounter
    * Should use the Fire Elemental glyph so it's up for the war mage burn intermissions ideally
    * Used second potion a bit late, should use it during that Bloodlust/Heroism and Ascendance

This was just a quick glance at the casts/buffs tabs in Warcraft Logs. Could be some things I missed/overlooked.

If you can improve the above, your DPS will increase. You also have some weird talent choices, generally EM, PE, and LM are best except on Tectus EE is better than EM, to help get the final Motes of Tectus down.

One of the things that is part of the Enhancement spec is timing your cooldowns correctly, you seemed to use them randomly, or when they came off CD. Using Lucky Double-Sided Coin, EM, and Wolves is a DPS increase. On fights where you know the fight only lasts between 3:30-4:00 minutes, you should use the Fire Elemental glyph, and use your 2 min CDs, Ascendance, and Fire Elemental plus 2nd potion at the same time (i.e Butcher).
    Last edited by mmoc06f9f0d602; 2015-01-14 at 03:08 PM. Reason: typo

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    You pointed something out that in hindsight is pretty obvious. I need to make a manual keybind for my trinket. I had it built into my fire ele cast. Ko'ragh ended up getting pulled because of where the tank was killing the last trash mob. I will work on getting my cds lined up to get more out of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greek View Post
    You pointed something out that in hindsight is pretty obvious. I need to make a manual keybind for my trinket. I had it built into my fire ele cast. Ko'ragh ended up getting pulled because of where the tank was killing the last trash mob. I will work on getting my cds lined up to get more out of them.
    Dunno if it would work for you, but I have
    Ascendance + Racial + Trinket + Feral + EM
    bound into one, while having all of them on my bars separately. In the rare case I want to activate one separately, I actually click them. Otherwise, I just have TellMeWhen alerts for their CDs on the side and use the one button to pop them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    bound into one, while having all of them on my bars separately. In the rare case I want to activate one separately, I actually click them. Otherwise, I just have TellMeWhen alerts for their CDs on the side and use the one button to pop them.
    This is the ideal way to handle it, perfect one button spam for popping them all at once (on pull, lining up on fights like Butcher), but also having them separate to see CDs, or pop separately depending on encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    This is how I do it as well. I think this is great advice for someone struggling with Cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligun View Post
    This is how I do it as well. I think this is great advice for someone struggling with Cooldowns.
    Would either of you be able to post the macro please?

Quote Originally Posted by echopapa View Post
    Would either of you be able to post the macro please?
    /cast Ascendance
    /cast Berserking (or Blood Fury if orc, or whatever)
    /use Lucky Double-sided coin (or /use 13 or /use 14 if you want the macro to use whatever usable trinket you have in either trinket socket 1 or 2, i.e. if you get a different trinket later, and dont want to rewrite the macro every time, just stick it in the same socket)
    /cast feral spirit
    /cast Elemental Mastery

10+ Year Old Account
    It's quite handy to use TellMeWhen as well, make yourself alert icons for when they're all off cooldown that go away when they're on cooldown. That way you don't have to track your bars.