Deleted

Enh really low dps (with logs)

While I can still justify my raidpsot on Tectus and Imperator (as any enh shaman should), I find myself in trouble when it comes to other fights, especially Butcher, where with 660 ilvl I'm floating around a laughable 20/22 k dps. Not a guild issue so far, but worrying on a mythic perspective.
    On this specific raid (Butcher) I 've tried using Storm Elemental (while I usually go with Liquid magma) and hardcast lightning bolt far more (even at 2 stacks) that I used to (normally it is my 3rd/4th dmg source), but no real drastic change.

I'd appreciate any possible advice on how to improve my poor performance.

Linkin here my best result on each boss (heroic).

Kargath: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done
    Butcher: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done
    Twins: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done
    Brackenspore: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done
    Tectus: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done
    Imperator: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Thank you in advance

Adding armoury link http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lysound/simple
    Last edited by mmoc9415b05c11; 2015-01-15 at 01:14 AM.

Looking at just your Kargath logs, you need to be using EM/PE/LM.(The only fight I dont use EM is tectus and Imperator)Elemental Mastery will net you higher dps esp since its a 4 min fight on average. I was taking a look at your buffs and casts. Are you using Unleash Elements prepull to give the buff to your Fire Ele? You should be. Enh Shaman opener is very important to do max deeps. I suggest looking at thisOpener for reference.

Buffs Cast: You had some gaps in your Unleash Elements casts. Should be your top priority. Even though it doesnt do damage anymore like in MoP, its still a big dps gain to have it on CD.

Elementals: I dont see you using Earth Elemental at all on Kargath.

Your guild: Tell them to send you up in the stands. Fire Nova is by far the best AoE in the game even after the nerf AND it can be done on the move.

Dont trade anything for Liquid Magma...by far the best single target AND AoE talent for lvl 100 Talent

Deleted
    Butcher:

- Lightning bolt damage seems a bit high vs. Lava Lash. Probably hardcasting too much, judging from the amount of casts.
    - Have more flame shock casts than frost shock. Should be the other way around. Only use flame shock with UE buff + limited duration left on the DoT. Otherwise use frost shock.
    - Used your 2nd pot randomly. Should've used it in sync with your 2nd FE and ascendance.
    - 1st Ascendance looks like you cast it kinda late. Guess you might need to improve your opener.
    - Liquid Magma is superior to Storm Elemental, although I acknowledge you said you usually used it in your post.
    - Random Chain Lightning cast. Only one so I guess it was a mistake.

Overall, the key for enhancement on Butcher I'd say is syncing all your CDs for a second round at around 3 mins with glyphed FE/EM/Ascendance/Pot. If your guild has super DPS then may have to sacrifice the ascendance and do it at 2.5min when glyphed FE comes off CD. Also opener, which you seem to consistently struggling at. Even without the 2nd round of CDs I think a lot of your problems could be fixed by fixing your opener.

Twin Ogron:

- Low amount of Stormstrikes used even though the fight was over 7 minutes long. 38 casts @ 7:12 vs 31 in your 4 min fight on Butcher. Guess you get quite distracted by mechanics.
    - Some wastage on chain lighting (ie. cast but only hit 1 target).
    - Low UE uptime.
    - 1st Ascendance and Fire Elemental are both very late.
    - No pre-pot also. Used your only usage fairly early and still didn't sync it with your late ascendance/FE fully.
    - Judging by amount of LM hits to casts, you didn't manage to sync it optimally with the bosses being stacked. However, they need to be stacked fairly tight if I recall and your tanks may not have done it properly.
    - Could've casted 1 more LM in the duration of that fight.

Tectus:

- Flame Shock damage seems a little low. Were you spreading it properly? Might've hit your FN damage too.
    - Again CDs are very late.
    - Only 1 pot again.
    - Got hit by 11 fractures, quite a lot on a single fight. It was almost twice as long as most parses though, so not too disastrous. Same with barrage, but I know that might not be easy to avoid if you have some people running around like a headless chicken with it.

Brackenspore:

- Cast far too many flame shocks compared to your frost shock casts. Should be using frost shock while you don't need to refresh a UE-buffed flame shock.
    - Again some chain lightnings hitting only 1 target.
    - Looks like you left magma totem down even when there wasn't more than 1 target in range.
    - Only 1 pot again.

I personally wouldn't bother with Earth Ele, it does far too little damage to even justify wasting a GCD unless you have literally nothing else to press for more than a second.

I didn't actually click on all your links, clicked on the Butcher one then just looked at the different bosses within that raid, so they might not all be the same fights.
    Last edited by mmoc0df596f2b8; 2015-01-15 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shear View Post
    Elementals: I dont see you using Earth Elemental at all on Kargath.
    This is about the last thing I would mention to someone looking to improve his DPS. Earth elemental's only purpose is with PE to get damage reduction. The highest DPS enhancement shaman on mythic butcher got 2400 damage from earth elemental on the fight.

Not to say it's a bad survival cooldown. 10% Damage reduction for an extended period is nothing to look down upon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Buffs Cast: You had some gaps in your Unleash Elements casts. Should be your top priority. Even though it doesnt do damage anymore like in MoP, its still a big dps gain to have it on CD.
    This is incorrect, Unleash Elements is around your 4th priority to cast; unless you're using Unleashed Fury.
    Last edited by wordup; 2015-01-16 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    This is incorrect, Unleash Elements is around your 4th priority to cast.
    Depends of your spec.

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    This is about the last thing I would mention to someone looking to improve his DPS. Earth elemental's only purpose is with PE to get damage reduction. The highest DPS enhancement shaman on mythic butcher got 2400 damage from earth elemental on the fight.

Not to say it's a bad survival cooldown. 10% Damage reduction for an extended period is nothing to look down upon.
    So a GCD for an elemental doing any amount of damage isnt worth mentioning? Regardless of the amount of damage...its something hes NOT doing. Its still damage hes NOT doing..so i think its worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    This is incorrect, Unleash Elements is around your 4th priority to cast; unless you're using Unleashed Fury.
    Its my understanding that our new Flurry ability lowers the CD of our main abilities. And I believe unleash-elements triggers this effect. So how can anything be higher priority?

Its my understanding that our new Flurry ability lowers the CD of our main abilities. And I believe unleash-elements triggers this effect. So how can anything be higher priority?
    Flurry is a passive "aura". It's not activated by anything, it's just there.

So a GCD for an elemental doing any amount of damage isnt worth mentioning? Regardless of the amount of damage...its something hes NOT doing. Its still damage hes NOT doing..so i think its worth mentioning.
    My point was that Earth Elemental is in the category of very minor things that you should put far last on your list of things to improve in your play speaking from a DPS standpoint. It's a defensive cooldown and should be used as such (it's worth 10-15DPS...). I thought we'd be better mentioning more fundamental stuff in this case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Going to put in my two cents.

First things first. Download Helekili or whatever the fuck that addon is. That shit well help you more than anything if you don't have it, or if you are good with weak auras (never used it), but I'm sure that would work as well. Either way I cannot recommend this addon enough. It will help you out tremendously.

For talents, I honestly rock EM, PE, LM for every fight, i don't give a fuck. It honestly works for every fight, (guess it can depend on your times a bit, but honestly the difference will be negligible). Like people said, these talents in conjunction with pots, trinkets, etc will make you do a lot of damage. Honestly most of our damage is coming from linking this shit together, our damage with CDs down is down right fucking pitiful, but when they are up w/ everything going, you will trounce most everyone. (shorter the fight generally will mean you will look better)

Try to link your CDs together but at the same time don't hold on to them for too long. Generally fire them off when they come up, if some align or are a like 10 seconds off (on like fire ele or something) definitely link that EM with it, or if you know you are only going to get one more off and they are relatively come up, wait for it.

Enhancement is a lot about managing these big annoying CDs the best way possible.

Earth elemental should ONLY be used for that 20% 1 minute damage reduction, if you are using that as damage, go kill yourself. That damage reduction is way too nice for that 2k-3k waste of a global you just used.

Replace frost shock with fire nova for 2 targets, and fire nova becomes priority when you got 3 or more. Be careful with frost shock as well. I will clip some things with frost shock at times, when I should have just waited that fraction of a second, granted the dps loss won't be that much, it may add up over time if you slip that in there a bit too much.

People are all about that hardcasting of LB, which I do, but as your haste gets up there I feel you should only be doing this at like 3-4, shit is coming up pretty fast at this point. Maybe it works for someone to bang them out at 2, especially with UF, but honestly I don't think that is going to be a HUGE deal breaker for most enhanceys doing damage.

Other than that, besides the basics of staying in melee as much as possible, using your sprint (glyphed on some fights) to get back in there, not much else 2 it.

Just download helekili, with that up you will start to see some small subtle patterns with you abilities procs, etc... granted it is still random, but you will be able to perform better.

- - - Updated - - -

UE doesn't boost the fire elemental.