Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demonbolt Macro (Meta)

Is there a macro that I can use that "if i am not in meta" will put me into meta to cast Demonbolt. However, if I hit it again to continue my Demonbolt casts I do not want it to to take me out of Meta now that I am in?

I was thinking of doing /cast Meta .. /cast Demonbolt, but I have a feeling that will just take me right out the second time I hit it?

#showtooltip
    /cast [Form:1] Demonbolt
    /cast [Form:0] Metamorphosis

This Macro will cast Demonbolt if you are in Form 1 which should be Meta and will otherwise cast Meta if you are in no form. Leaving the first line as #showtooltip will cause the icon to change based on your form to show you whether or not it will be casting Meta or Demonbolt. If you preferred it just showing Demonbolt all the time then you'd need to make it "#showtooltip Demonbolt".

Confirm the spelling of Demonbolt as I can never remember if it is one or two words.

Naturally, if you aren't already in Meta you will have to press it once for Meta then again to start the devastation.

Code:
    /cast !Metamorphosis
    /cast Dark Soul: Whatsiethingie --optional, but with the glyph I don't like hitting darksoul beforehand
    /cast Demonbolt
    Should do the same without requiring an additional press to go in.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySStewart View Post
    #showtooltip
    /cast [Form:1] Demonbolt
    /cast [Form:0] Metamorphosis

This Macro will cast Demonbolt if you are in Form 1 which should be Meta and will otherwise cast Meta if you are in no form. Leaving the first line as #showtooltip will cause the icon to change based on your form to show you whether or not it will be casting Meta or Demonbolt. If you preferred it just showing Demonbolt all the time then you'd need to make it "#showtooltip Demonbolt".

Confirm the spelling of Demonbolt as I can never remember if it is one or two words.

Naturally, if you aren't already in Meta you will have to press it once for Meta then again to start the devastation.
    Isn't Meta transformation off the gcd ? If so, couldn't you switch the order on those without ever having to press it twice ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Isn't Meta transformation off the gcd ? If so, couldn't you switch the order on those without ever having to press it twice ?
    Perhaps it is off of the GCD. I know I have a Macro much like the user who posted above me that utilizes dark soul and transforms me at the same time. However, I don't have access to how that MACRO is configured as I am at work at the moment and didn't want to dump too much time into researching the matter so I was just providing what I know offhand with my currently limited resources.

It does look like another user got it taken care of though, so that is excellent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    #showtooltip [talent:7/1]demonbolt; [talent:7/2] Cataclysm
    /cast [nostance] metamorphosis
    /cast [talent:7/1]demonbolt; [talent:7/2] Cataclysm
    This is what i use.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    Code:
    This is what i use.
    I use that with Dark Soul and trinkets, so
    Code:
    #showtooltip demonbolt
    /cast Dark Soul: Knowledge
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast demonbolt

Code:
    This is what i use.
    FYI if you only put #showtooltip w/o the spell name after it, it'll show whatever is currently set to cast if you were to cast it at that moment. In other words, you don't need the conditionals/spells after showtooltip in yours. You only need it there if you want something to show other than what you have set up to cast below that line.

Code:
    This is what i use.
    Thanks so much guys, I think this one will do nicely! I actually needed to use this #showtooltip additions because otherwise Meta icon is shown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    FYI if you only put #showtooltip w/o the spell name after it, it'll show whatever is currently set to cast if you were to cast it at that moment. In other words, you don't need the conditionals/spells after showtooltip in yours. You only need it there if you want something to show other than what you have set up to cast below that line.
    What the other guy said. Shows meta which i wouldnt need to see. Plus i have demonsoul in my macro so it would just show that 100% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bump. Did BRF break this macro for anyone else?

Personally I use

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast  [stance:0] metamorphosis
    /cast Dark Soul
    /cast Demonbolt
    I'm sure [stance:0] is the same thing as [nostance] it's just what I've used since MoP and it still works so I see no reason to change it. I also use a similar one for Doom that forces me into Meta for Doom.

I also use /cancelform on spells that are cast outside of Meta. Overall it adds a few more buttons to my bars but saves me the possibility of making the mistake of turning meta on/off by doing it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rap87 View Post
    Is there a macro that I can use that "if i am not in meta" will put me into meta to cast Demonbolt. However, if I hit it again to continue my Demonbolt casts I do not want it to to take me out of Meta now that I am in?

I was thinking of doing /cast Meta .. /cast Demonbolt, but I have a feeling that will just take me right out the second time I hit it?
    #showtooltip
    /use [talent:7/1] Demonbolt; [talent:7/2] Cataclysm
    /use [stance:0]Metamorphosis
    /use Dark Soul: Knowledge
    /use Shards of Nothing
    /use Demonbolt
    /use Kil'jaeden's Cunning
    /use Cataclysm
    /use [talent:7/1] Demonbolt; [talent:7/2] Cataclysm

This is what I use, changes the icon on bars if you have Demonbolt or Cataclysm, pops the above things if I have them available everytime I hit Demonbolt/Cataclysm.

#show is enough if you just want the right icon. #showtooltip if you want to get more information with mouseover.

10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip Dark Soul
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /targetenemy [noexists]
    /cast [noform] Metamorphosis
    /petattack [@target,exists]
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast Blood Fury
    /cast Dark Soul
    /cast Demonbolt
    /cast Command Demon
    /cleartarget [dead]

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow really interesting read. I've never really used macros, but looks like plenty of people use them for Demo locks.

Would it be possible to make a macro that would cast soul fire when not in meta, but cast demobolt when in meta.

I'm struggling for keybind space that I feel is comfortable, and was wondering if it's possible to do something like the above. That way I could have it on "4" and be casting soulfire out of meta, but once I go into Meta would get my 4 demonbolts off.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    and here is one ive just made up
    #showtooltip Demonbolt
    /cast [form:0] Metamorphosis
    /cast Dark Soul: Knowledge
    /cast Demonbolt

And you can spam Db till it drops off

Quote Originally Posted by Kromus View Post
    Wow really interesting read. I've never really used macros, but looks like plenty of people use them for Demo locks.

Would it be possible to make a macro that would cast soul fire when not in meta, but cast demobolt when in meta.

I'm struggling for keybind space that I feel is comfortable, and was wondering if it's possible to do something like the above. That way I could have it on "4" and be casting soulfire out of meta, but once I go into Meta would get my 4 demonbolts off.
    Yep, that's basically what all of these macros that have been discussed so far are doing. The [form:0] means "caster form", and the [form:1] means "the first special action button stance you have", which for us, is Metamorphosis.

#showtooltip
    /cast [form:0] Soul Fire
    /cast [form:1] Demonbolt

seriously stop binding your cooldowns to demonbolt, it's not a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    seriously stop binding your cooldowns to demonbolt, it's not a good idea
    Demonologists tend to use a glyph for the express purpose of having their one major DPS cooldown be available often enough, and just long enough by tradeoff, to cast demon bolt four times and hopefully get another spell off before it's gone. When more than 60% of your total damage (-pet) is from a single spell, you line everything up with that spell. It's a great idea.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."