Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    It's a f2p low budget, low effort, pvp MMO with no end-game, developed by a microscopic studio, and more akin to online survival games. What did you expect?!
    It has $20,544,665 in funding behind it.
    What the fuck are you talking about?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    It has $20,544,665 in funding behind it.
    What the fuck are you talking about?
    The devs must be taking all the money. Only explanation why the game still looks so underwhelming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    The devs must be taking all the money. Only explanation why the game still looks so underwhelming.
    I don't know.
    The player base is very very critical about anything and everything these days. Its hard to come up with an MMO these days that will actually be a hit like WoW was 15 years ago.

Deleted
    I don't know.
    The player base is very very critical about anything and everything these days. Its hard to come up with an MMO these days that will actually be a hit like WoW was 15 years ago.
    That is correct. However, no one is forcing game studios to launch games while knowing full well they will compared to WoW and will have to contend with WoW. Game studios always have the choice of making...something else.

Except they aren't trying to make another WoW. They know it will be a niche game and as long as the costs and maintenance are in line with expectations they can still make money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the focus of this game? PVP battles? Or are there dungeons/raids/pve content too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Whats the focus of this game? PVP battles? Or are there dungeons/raids/pve content too.
    PvP. Different world with different settings in terms of duration, guild size, resources ect in an attempt to keep things fresh.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Why does it still look like WoW of 2012?
    There will be massive sieges with dozens of players fighting and destroying structures, so to maintain acceptable performances the character models and environment don't have as much polys as single player games.

Quote Originally Posted by francisbaud View Post
    There will be massive sieges with dozens of players fighting and destroying structures, so to maintain acceptable performances the character models and environment don't have as much polys as single player games.

No that's not a good excuse for why it's low poly lol. Try again.

Other games have the option to lower the character count on screen or the models of other characters around you in high end PvP environments.

This game could easily have the option to lower the poly count of people around you as a graphical setting.

Let's not claim the low count is because of the game mechanics themselves now shall we? Because that is grasping at straws.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-06-26 at 03:01 PM.

I don't know.
    I could definitely make a successful mmo if I had the resources.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I could definitely make a successful mmo if I had the resources.
    Whats so bad about this MMO and what would you do so different?

Whats so bad about this MMO and what would you do so different?
    Nothing, from what I can see so far, looks pretty decent for an Alpha. I was just making a statement about my skillz.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Nothing, from what I can see so far, looks pretty decent for an Alpha. I was just making a statement about my skillz.
    Agreed on that.

But that claim someone made about low poly count is BS.

Most games have a way around that.

However I think it's shortcoming will be trying to focus on one crowd. I can't think of a highly successful PvP oriented MMO as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No that's not a good excuse for why it's low poly lol.
    It is. Lot of players fighting on screen = FPS drop. How to remedy to lag = lowering the number of polys on screen.

It is. Lot of players fighting on screen = FPS drop. How to remedy to lag = lowering the number of polys on screen.
    No it's not.

Games have had solutions for that for years. By offering the option to turn it down. Rather then it being forced and claiming "low poly count" as the reason.

GW2 has huge scale battles. It remedies it by offering the option to lower the character quality of models around you. Rather than forcing it.

Try again. That is not an excuse for low poly count.

No it's not.

Games have had solutions for that for years. By offering the option to turn it down. Rather then it being forced and claiming "low poly count" as the reason.

GW2 has huge scale battles. It remedies it by offering the option to lower the character quality of models around you. Rather than forcing it.

Try again. That is not an excuse for low poly count.
    Well in Crowfall there's less of a need to lower the quality of the models, the stylized art style already allow for nice looking but less demanding (performance wise) 3D models.

Well in Crowfall there's less of a need to lower the quality of the models, the stylized art style already allow for nice looking but less demanding (performance wise) 3D models.
    That doesn't prove anything though.

You made a statement claiming the reason for the low count was that.

You were given an example of other ways it was done including a game that has a remedy for the poly count issue.

The style is fine. Just don't try to justify low poly count when you have no justification for it since other games have been able to handle that issue for years.

That doesn't prove anything though.

You made a statement claiming the reason for the low count was that.

You were given an example of other ways it was done including a game that has a remedy for the poly count issue.

The style is fine. Just don't try to justify low poly count when you have no justification for it since other games have been able to handle that issue for years.
    The low-poly count is to allow for larger scale battles. Less polys to render on screen = less lag.

I'm aware that we can reduce the resolution and graphic settings of video game.

In Crowfall the polys are already low AND it looks great imo (as opposed to compromising the graphic quality to get better performances in other games).

The low-poly count is to allow for larger scale battles. Less polys to render on screen = less lag.

I'm aware that we can reduce the resolution and graphic settings of video game.

In Crowfall the polys are already low AND it looks great imo (as opposed to compromising the graphic quality to get better performances in other games).
    Games have HAD THE OPTION to reduce the poly count or models on screen. Nobody was talking about the resolution. Why you even brought resolution up is beyond me.

This forces it.

See the difference? One lets you willingly the other has to compromise to do so with a poor excuse.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-06-26 at 04:06 PM.