Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    I don't think X-Files ever went anywhere when they always had their spinoff 'The O'Reilly Factor'

  2. #102
    The Lightbringer Pvt Hudson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Axel
    Posts
    3,679
    Another new trailer

    "Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

  3. #103
    The Insane apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    19,204
    Ive actually never watched the X-Files, is it on Netflix or something?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  4. #104
    I don't know that you want to start now. The first ones date all the way back 25 years, iirc, and it definitely looks dated at this point. I tried starting from season 1 (which was very monster-of-the-week) and the writing still holds up, but it's just like looking back in time.

  5. #105
    The Insane Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    15,160
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't know that you want to start now. The first ones date all the way back 25 years, iirc, and it definitely looks dated at this point. I tried starting from season 1 (which was very monster-of-the-week) and the writing still holds up, but it's just like looking back in time.
    I actually watched the first 4 seasons from Netflix during summer.
    I don't think it's that aged really. The show is shot so brilliantly, it has no CGI whatsoever - because they pretty much never show any aliens or whatnot - so it looks very real.

    I loved the technology advances throughout those years - you can see it in the show. From normal phones slowly to those beeping things and then to mobile phones. First DOS-like computers used only for writing text and evolving to the computers "today" through various Windows and Mac versions. Scientific things like DNA research becoming a thing. INTERNET becoming a thing. Digital cameras becoming a thing.....

    Not to mention fashion, cars etc. evolving.

    All in all, a great journey to watch that show. I should finish up the rest of the seasons at some point.

    So apepi, watch it, it's on Netflix - all seasons.

    That series has an episode on pretty much any well known mystery in the world. All cryptoids, aliens, folklore and conspiracies are pretty much covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Oh yah, Puupi is an insufferable assclown. Don't shitpost and act shocked when you get called on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I actually watched the first 4 seasons from Netflix during summer.
    I don't think it's that aged really. The show is shot so brilliantly, it has no CGI whatsoever - because they pretty much never show any aliens or whatnot - so it looks very real.

    I loved the technology advances throughout those years - you can see it in the show. From normal phones slowly to those beeping things and then to mobile phones. First DOS-like computers used only for writing text and evolving to the computers "today" through various Windows and Mac versions. Scientific things like DNA research becoming a thing. INTERNET becoming a thing. Digital cameras becoming a thing.....

    Not to mention fashion, cars etc. evolving.

    All in all, a great journey to watch that show. I should finish up the rest of the seasons at some point.

    So apepi, watch it, it's on Netflix - all seasons.

    That series has an episode on pretty much any well known mystery in the world. All cryptoids, aliens, folklore and conspiracies are pretty much covered.
    Only 4 seasons? Filthy Casual

    I was raised on X-Files. I watched every episode as it aired(sometimes had to record it via VHS). I watched reruns for years. 2-3 years ago I power watched the whole series on Netflix. Occasionally I'll fire up a random episode and let it play 4-5 episodes as I go to sleep..

    I hope they do more than this mini-reboot half-series. But Duchovney is a diva so I doubt it will last very long.

  7. #107
    I'm not saying it's not a great series, but some people don't like watching old-looking stuff. I grew up in that world, so I'm fine with it.

  8. #108
    The Insane Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    15,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Only 4 seasons? Filthy Casual

    I was raised on X-Files. I watched every episode as it aired(sometimes had to record it via VHS). I watched reruns for years.
    I watched it here and there when it aired live. I was on my busy teenage years those days, didn't have time to watch TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Oh yah, Puupi is an insufferable assclown. Don't shitpost and act shocked when you get called on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.

  9. #109
    Scarab Lord Hiram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Θ Hidden Forbidden Hades
    Posts
    4,259
    I red the thread about not using same titles again so I hope you don't mark this as necro.

    So, many many years ago I spent holiday on some good island. I was young and really did not yet watched a lot of the x-files episodes (I only remember one - some green insects in a dark forest invading even the car to web and kill - what EP is this? ^^) but in TV there run a big episode/episodes/movie(??) showing CSM in monologue explaining the entire series. CSM told about himself and in the end he sniped someone. This was the most interesting thing today and after watching many x-flies episodes that just bored me I wonder - what episode or movie was that? I really just want to re-watch this.
    ‘I am NOTHING’: this parody of affirmation is the last word of sovereign subjectivity, freed from the dominion it wanted, or needed, to give itself over things…for I know that I am fundamentally this subjective and contentless existence.
    - Georges Bataille

  10. #110
    Q: Is there going to be a new season of X-Files?
    A: We got Season 10 in 2016 (6 episodes). They have definitely been in talks to produce season 11. Apparently talks are at an impasse as of this post. If that impasse can be resolved in time for some spring shooting, we might still get new episodes for Fall 2017. Otherwise, we may have to wait until at least 2018.

    This is still a developing story and anything can change at any time.

    Here is a reference link:

    https://thexcastblog.wordpress.com/2...ul-about-2017/

  11. #111
    Awesome, I really enjoyed the previous (short) season. Was great to see Mulder & Scully back again. That season also had a hilarious episode, one of the best imo.

  12. #112
    Titan Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    12,087
    Still haven't watched season 10. From everything I heard it was super comedic and almost seemed more like a parody/homage that a real episode.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

    Blog Sixteen is live! Want to win a limited edition vinyl? THEN ENTER OUR COMPETITION FOOLS!

    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/b...mpetition-time

  13. #113
    The new season was.......alright. The through storyline was about something that happened in the movie, so if you didn't see the movie you'd be kind of lost.

    The one-offs were probably better than the season-long conspiracy episodes.

  14. #114
    X files season 11 has been announced! Filming will begin this summer. The first estimate is that it will air in the 2017/2018 season. There will be TEN episodes (up from 6 in season 10). Mulder and scully both return!

  15. #115
    Merely a Setback Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Winter is here.
    Posts
    29,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    X files season 11 has been announced! Filming will begin this summer. The first estimate is that it will air in the 2017/2018 season. There will be TEN episodes (up from 6 in season 10). Mulder and scully both return!
    Hopefully fake Mulder and Scully don't.

  16. #116
    The Insane Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    15,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Hopefully fake Mulder and Scully don't.
    Tbh both David and Gillian were godawful in season 10. Like they had never acted before. Both looked like they had had a mental breakdown and David also looked like having a 10 year streak of drinking.

    The fun and energetic duo was all gone. I didn't see Mulder and Scully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Oh yah, Puupi is an insufferable assclown. Don't shitpost and act shocked when you get called on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.

  17. #117
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    4,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Hopefully fake Mulder and Scully don't.
    Yeaaaah that was.... thanks but no thanks.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

  18. #118
    Merely a Setback Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Winter is here.
    Posts
    29,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Tbh both David and Gillian were godawful in season 10. Like they had never acted before. Both looked like they had had a mental breakdown and David also looked like having a 10 year streak of drinking.

    The fun and energetic duo was all gone. I didn't see Mulder and Scully.
    Well, they are getting older. Can't really expect them to be as energetic as they were. David, while he did seem rough, I think it suited his character, since Mulder had almost all his dreams smashed in during the older show. Also, in their latest movie, he was off on his own (with Scully), hidden away from the FBI and acting like he was a depressed 10 year drinker, lol. His look on life had completely changed, and it's why Scully left him (romantically).

    He definitely changed as a character.
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2017-04-21 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Typos

  19. #119
    I honestly don't know how they can have a show any longer. Since the episode that Mulder finds his sister and describes her being in 'a better place' and finds peace with that should have marked the end of the series. Turning self-destructive after that should not have happened.

  20. #120
    Hope Chris Carter has been working on his writing, his contributions to season 10 seemed to weakest compared to some of the middle ones.
    Do I really look like a guy with a plan?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •